Email login 4/12/2019

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Not a Problem
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

We are aware of the privacy error received when connecting to https://emailmg.homestead.com/roundcube/ or via a mail client program. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.  We will post updates as soon as they are received.

6:50 MST: The email system is still operating, but there is a problem with the renewed certificate. It is being investigated. Email is still accessible, though not secure at this time.

7:45am MST: Issue resolved for Webmail. We are continuing to work on the SMTP and IMAP/POP servers

9:03am MST: This issue has been resolved, Webmail, SMTP, and IMAP/POP servers are online. If you continue to have trouble with devices connected thru IMAP/POP/SMTP, close your application and open it back up
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Amy2847

Amy2847

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I tried to log in to my email and it says that the connection is not private. Th....

I tried to log in to my email and it says that the connection is not private. That the certificate expired one day ago. Is anyone else getting this? or has my account been hacked?
Photo of Broderick0457

Broderick0457

• 74 Points
They want $200 to fix it
Photo of Carmen5364

Carmen5364

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, all Homestead customers are getting this message.  Drew N, the Homestead Comunity Manager, posted a notice that they claim to be working on resolution to this issue.  
Photo of Elsie1376

Elsie1376

• 60 Points
Mine is working now. It says it is not safe :(
Please confirm
(Edited)
Photo of Art7340

Art7340

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This started last evening and the pop up message on my iPhone is every 15 seconds about.  I cant hardly use my phone!
Photo of Andrea8922

Andrea8922

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is not the first time Homestead has had an issue that lasted overnight. I cannot believe that they do not have someone who monitors 24/7 and then scrambles back to the office to work on the problem until it is fixed. Instead, they wait until their regular business hours to wander into the office and deal with whatever came up overnight. My email is up and it is showing emails that were sent in the period HS was down. Maybe. I will never know if emails bounced and did not get through.
Photo of Jeffrey7966

Jeffrey7966

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I understand the issue is now resolved, but I and many others would sure like to know from someone official at Homestead:1.  What caused the issue
2.  What corrected the issue
3.  What corrective action is to be taken in the future
4.  How can we be better informed of the above
5.  What after hour contact can be made for similar issues in the future
Thank you!
Photo of Deanna9161

Deanna9161

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The issue is NOT resolved for me and it’s making my device pretty much unusable today because the security error message is popping up every five seconds... literally. What am I supposed to do with that?
Photo of Mark2882

Mark2882

• 554 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Same here, unfortunately.
Photo of Timothy6567

Timothy6567

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can send but emails are not coming to my inbox
Photo of Timothy6567

Timothy6567

Closing out and reopening doesn’t fix the issue
Photo of Tami0716

Tami0716

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
UGH, mine is not working either, very frustrating when you're trying to run a business!
Photo of Penni-Peggi4717

Penni-Peggi4717

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
same here. please please help us all
Photo of Timothy6567

Timothy6567

It appears our emails are being redirected to the spoof account. So in other words, someone is getting our emails that shouldn’t be. I have 2 businesses on here with a total of 11 email accounts. Something needs to be done quickly. I’m concerned that the issue is beyond the experience level that is trying to fix it. I’m not being rude, this is a very REAL concern.
Photo of debbie1046

debbie1046

• 70 Points
I am very concerned. I received an email yesterday that said my email has been hacked... I am not savvy at all so has it really? i have just received "cannot verify server identity"
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,968 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you have restarted your phone or mail app and it is still not working, I recommend deleting ALL settings, and re-input the correct settings (you can find these settings at https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_setup_an_email_client_to_check_my_homestead_mail ... )
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

In regard to your concerns:
1) The Homestead SSL certificate expired, and the new certificate was not configured for email.
2) Customer passwords or emails were not compromised.
3) The new SSL certificate was deployed to the email platform. These servers will be monitored moving forward to ensure this is not an issue in the future
4) Phone support is available Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM MST, however, our engineering team is on-call 24/7 to fix any issue that may arise as soon as possible.
(Edited)
Photo of Timothy6567

Timothy6567

I did all of that on my phone. Same problem.
Photo of Karen0815

Karen0815

My error message appears for my iphone pop email. Doesn't mention privacy, just that the identity of pop.<my domain>.com cannot be verified by Mail. Restarted iphone, message still blowing up my phone. This is my BUSINESS account! Please help.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Karen0815,
If you look at the settings in the article that I posted above, you should not be using pop.<yourdomain>, you should be using pop.homestead.com
Please go through your email settings, delete the current content, and replace with the settings provided in the article I posted above.

Timothy6567, are you using an iPhone?
Photo of Timothy6567

Timothy6567

Yes, Xs.
Photo of Karen0815

Karen0815

Thanks Elyzabeth, I noticed those settings and changed it. Testing it now.  
Photo of Karen0815

Karen0815

Working perfectly now - thanks so much!
Photo of Clara5351

Clara5351

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Elyszabeth, so what IS the phone number for tech support during office hours. And the 24/7 Engineer?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Good, I'm glad that is working for you now Karen

Timothy6567, the reason I asked is because we have seen some customers using iPhone reporting this issue still. For some, restarting the whole phone fixed the issue, but for others, it seems to be caching. To fix this, you would need to delete the SMTP server connected to your email from your settings. Then, reconfigure the email.
Photo of Timothy6567

Timothy6567

I did all that. I completely deleted it off my phone and added the account as new. But my emails are still not coming in on my Mac either. And I deleted it off and added it as a new account.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

If you feel comfortable providing me the email address you are having trouble with on this public thread, please do. If not, please start a private question to provide that information.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Clara5351,

The number for support is 1-800-710-1998. Our engineering team does not provide direct customer support, so this is not someone you would ever be in contact with. They monitor our systems and resolve issues on our end.
Photo of Deanna9161

Deanna9161

So does Homestead not think it should have alerted customers before implementing an IMAP address change???? Poor.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Homestead did not implement an IMAP address change. These settings have been the same for quite some time. There was a SSL certificate that expired and the new one was not configured for email, which was a mistake on Homestead's end. We corrected this as soon as possible.
Photo of Timothy6567

Timothy6567

Hey, it appears they are starting to trickle in now. Thank you for your assistance!
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

• 476 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The Certificate Expired message is still popping up on my iPhone. It is not resolved. Please assist. Thank you
Photo of Karen6770

Karen6770

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue on my iPhone "Cannot Verify Server Identity."  I closed the app, I shut off/restarted my phone.  When I go to details it says "Not Trusted" however, the expiration date is now changed to 3/5/2020.
Photo of Jesse0544

Jesse0544

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Ny emails and website is still not working......
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

I am experiencing the same thing now!
Photo of Andy5646

Andy5646

• 60 Points
You say it is fixed, It is not. I’ve closed and opened, I’ve turn devices off and then back on again, still getting the very annoying pop up alert of “cannot verify”. I just paid for two years in advance. You need to repair this quickly. I tried calling and no answers. I can not work on my devices due to the pop ups every 5-10 seconds.
Photo of Jesse0544

Jesse0544

Same here....
Photo of Sheila6044

Sheila6044

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm having this problem on my iPhone too.  I have closed the mail app and turned the phone completely off, but once it's back on and I open the mail app, then the message pops up every few seconds.  
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

I have had this problem for days!!! This is unacceptable!
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

I have left my phone number to help desk on 4/11. Still no callback!!!
Photo of Deanna9161

Deanna9161

This is truly ridiculous. It may be time for me to move my email to the Gmail host. I am just not technically equipped to deal with this, which is why I’ve used Homestead for 9 years. Client emails are bouncing back to them and this annoying pop up on my iPhone won’t go away. And the total lack of customer support (not even a notice email to say something has gone wrong) is beyond disrespectful. I’m going to figure out that gmail thing this week. Enough!!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Unfortunately, Homestead does not have a place for you to leave your phone number for a call back. I'm not sure what number you were calling that gave you that option.
For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, it largely seems to be iPhones.
To fix this, please follow these instructions:

1. Go to Settings
2. In settings, find 'Passwords & Accounts'
3. Find the email not working and click on the account
4. Click account again
5. Click advanced and make sure 'Use SSL' is turned on after checking server settings for accuracy. Kill mail app and reload. If this doesn't fix it, repeat steps 1-5 and move on to Step 6.
6. Find the SMTP outgoing mail server and tap into it
7. Delete any older outgoing servers by clicking in any that are active and deleting them. (Delete Server would be in red if tied to the corresponding email account you're in)
8. Add a new outgoing server and you will receive check marks

Otherwise, you need to DELETE and RE-ENTER the settings in your mail app (don't just look at them to see whether they are correct or not)
(Edited)
Photo of Clara5351

Clara5351

Homestead sure is stingy about giving out the number to call. I, too, was given an option to leave a call back number when calling and touching the number for tech support. One of the numbers I called was 800-986-0958.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Clara5351,

There have been many responses on this question, so you may not have seen my response to you on Friday. I did provide the direct number to reach Tech Support:
1-800-710-1998

For this reason, if you are experiencing an issue, I recommend not responding under someone else's comment, but creating your own comment or post, so that I may directly respond to you and you don't have to wade through dozens of other comments to find the response I gave to you.

The number you called is a sales number to speak to someone about design or SEO services.
(Edited)
Photo of Sheila6044

Sheila6044

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I tried following the steps given by Elizabeth, but on my iPhone, I was unable to delete the SMTP server.  I ended up deleting my business email account from my phone and then set it back up.  Now it seems to be working correctly.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I am glad you were able to get it working. I do recommend everyone try all steps before deleting email to get this working, because some people will permanently lose emails that were stored in their email client.
Photo of Clara5351

Clara5351

Elyzabeth, Thank you for the phone number. Yes, your responses get buried in multitude of conversations as my own individual post got merged with all the others relating to this issue. My other email in box got flooded with 100s of posts re this thread. And I also won badges!!?? For posting my complaints?! What do I want Homestead badges for?
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

The system automatically gives out badges for participating in Community, regardless whether the topic is positive or negative. We encourage people to interact in Community. People who interact a lot become a Community Champion.

If you do not care about this, you can simply disregard it. It doesn't change anything with your account.
Photo of mhenry19819494

mhenry19819494

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Since yesterday evening, my business email is down..

Since yesterday evening, my business email is down. It says the connection is not private and that your certificate expired on 4/11/19. This is my BUSINESS email and I'm on it all day long. I need this resolved right away, because I can't do business without my email. It says the same thing on my cell phone, as well as desktop and laptop. And even when I go to homestead.com and try to log into webmail on your site, it still does the same thing. PLEASE HELP RIGHT AWAY!!
Photo of Greg9340

Greg9340

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
In the same boat as well. Ready to move my business
Photo of Ashley2386

Ashley2386

• 62 Points
Has anyone actually spoke with someone yet with an estimated time when this will be resolved?  I am in the same boat and not having access to my email for this many hours is HORRIBLE business.
Photo of Jennifer3209

Jennifer3209

• 580 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I just spoke to a rep. This is the oversight of one employee - assuming he/she is now a former employee. The problem is expected to be fixed within the hour.
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

Still not working!
Photo of Linda6216

Linda6216

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
email is still not secure!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,662 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, it largely seems to be iPhones.

1. Go to Settings
4. Click account again
5. Click advanced and make sure 'Use SSL' is turned on after checking server settings for accuracy. Kill mail app and reload. If this doesn't fix it, repeat steps 1-5 and move on to Step 6.
7. Delete any older outgoing servers by clicking in any that are active and deleting them. (Delete Server would be in red if tied to the corresponding email account you're in)

Otherwise, you need to DELETE and RE-ENTER the settings in your mail app (don't just look at them to see whether they are correct or not)
There has not been a single person who has talked to support who was not able to get their email working after trying all of these steps, which means that this is a caching issue at this point. The certificate error was resolved on Friday
Photo of Katie 7535

Katie 7535

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot verify server identity error message on iphone.

Error message apears on iphone saying the identity of "imap,homestead.com" cannot be verified by mail. How do I correct this?
Photo of John9895

John9895

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yep me too...same message and it's blowing up my phone as it keeps popping up...had to delete that account....Needs FIXED ASAP
Photo of LORRIN2493

LORRIN2493

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, me as well...Sucks!  Keep reappearing every 3 seconds
Photo of Tiffanyoga

Tiffanyoga

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot Verify Server Identity. No emails are coming through. The Certificate has ....

Cannot verify server identity. The certificate has expired?? I cannot send/receive emails and this is my work email. Please resolve asap. 
Photo of Pam1770

Pam1770

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Your server certificate has expired?? Please fix this problem. Your community p....
Photo of Beth7976

Beth7976

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Your connection is not private .Certificate expired..

Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from emailmg.homestead.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policy
Photo of Sherri3496

Sherri3496

• 462 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PROBLEM WITH YOUR CERTIFICATE.

Since yesterday evening, my business email is down.  It says the connection is not private and that your certificate expired on 4/11/19.  This is my BUSINESS email and I'm on it all day long.  I need this resolved right away, because I can't do business without my email.  It says the same thing on my cell phone, as well as desktop and laptop.  And even when I go to homestead.com and try to log into webmail on your site, it still does the same thing.  PLEASE HELP RIGHT AWAY!!
Photo of DeAnne9885

DeAnne9885

I am in the SAME boat.... it is beyond frustrating... as it is my lifeline to work
Photo of Scotti9239

Scotti9239

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot verify server idenity... HOMESTEAD'S certificate expired 4/11/19 !!!!!! t....

MESSAGE"  CAN NOT VERIFY SERVER IDENITY... HOMESTEAD'S CERTIFICATE EXPIRED !
Photo of Alan1755

Alan1755

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Expired Certificate Warning.

I am getting this page warning on every browser and every computer/phone when I want to login to my e-mail account.
Photo of nicola8031

nicola8031

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled safety certificate expired!!.

Unbelievable how can you let this expire currently unable to conduct any business. Please have the decency to give out some information.
Photo of tanjaperalta1342

tanjaperalta1342

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled YOUR CERTIFICATE HAS EXPIRED!!.

I need this resolved to do business, what is the hold up? Looking pretty unprofessional right now.
Photo of Michelle1123

Michelle1123

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled problem with certificate.

EXPIRED CERTIFICATE!!!!!  WHEN CAN WE EXPECT THIS TO BE RESOLVED?
Photo of Clara5351

Clara5351

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Certificate expired, lots of posts of people with same problem, no answers from H....

Seems the whole "community"  has the same email security certificate problem. Have not seen a solution from the community. We need a Homestead technician, but I cannot find a phone number or chat or email. I feel they are not even aware of the problem and the community is left wallowing in our misery.
Photo of Bill6987

Bill6987

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "Cannot Verify..." appears to be an issue with IOS computers and mobile devices..

I checked my site on a PC and no error messages & I was able to send & receive emails to my IMAP Homestead email accounts using Outlook. However, I'm getting that "unsecured..." warning when I attempt to retrieve emails through the Homestead web site.
Photo of Joanna9587

Joanna9587

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I've have been receiving these e-mails, that went straight to our spam box , addressed from me to me, that was supposedly from the hacker, saying that they have all my info, password, and asking for money. Never paid  much attention to it, but now I wonder if this is related.
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

That is a common phishing scam and is unrelated to this problem.
The email issue is not resolved at this point.
Photo of Sally8306

Sally8306

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I too have been receiving scam emails which have appeared to be from me to me, These scam emails are very malicious in nature and threaten to send out phony info on me to all in my contacts if I don’t pay up. “Extortion” I believe is the legal term. Anyway I always delete these emails. They go to my spam folder but I’d rather not even have to deal with them. It’s kind of amusing but it’s getting annoying. How can I set a filter in my mail box?
Photo of Sally8306

Sally8306

Thank you for your help! I know you guys got slammed over this unverified server thing. I for one appreciate your what you do. Keep up the good work! Again thank you!
Photo of Jesse0544

Jesse0544

My Website and Emails are not working. Still saying domain now found. Email is getting kicked back to sender and saying "Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System (DNS) reported that the recipient's domain does not exist."
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Thank you Sally. I appreciate your understanding.

1. Go to Settings
4. Click account again

There has not been a single person who has talked to support who was not able to get their email working after trying all of these steps, which means that this is a caching issue at this point. The certificate error was resolved on Friday
Photo of Joanna9587

Joanna9587

I have changed my e-mail password using homestaed site, and I was able to log in back to my e-mail, and read messages. However, it still shows insecure.
Photo of Michelle5489

Michelle5489

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Fix needed ASAP!!! Your certificate expired. Mail not being received!!.

This server could not prove that it is emailmg.homestead.com; its security certificate expired yesterday.  Per phone the certificate expired at 7:59 pm EDT on April 11, 2019. 
Photo of jennifer7638

jennifer7638

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot Verify Server Identity.

Photo of Sally8306

Sally8306

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Certificate not verified issue.

I came to the website to post about a problem with “certificate not verified” issue and I see that it’s not just me . I need a fix fast! Where are you Homestead!
Photo of Joanna9587

Joanna9587

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Expired certificate - fix.

To all those with this message about poping up every 10 second, and blocking your e-mail - I have changed my password on homestead site, and I am back in business. It still shows insecure connectin, but at least it works
Photo of dawn3166

dawn3166

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Has anyone actually talked to customer service about the certificate issue?? I a....

If anyone has more information and has talked to a Homestead representative, I'd love to hear what they had to say about this certificate issue.  Thanks for your help and shared thoughts and experiences!
Photo of Ken

Ken

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email server is down.

Security error message states, "This site attempts to identify itself with invalid information."

Photo of Peggy

Peggy

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email is down.

System says the certificate has expired as of tonight at 7:00 pm. Warnings all over the place!
Photo of Carmen8946

Carmen8946

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What is going on with the service?.

Getting the following warning: 

Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from emailmg.homestead.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Photo of Keith1840

Keith1840

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Great no emails, no business today. Apparently they don't monitor for problems 24....

Got up to no e-mail service this morning and see in the community reports up to 12 hours old???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.