Email is down

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Email login 4/12/2019

System says the certificate has expired as of tonight at 7:00 pm. Warnings all over the place!
Photo of Peggy

Peggy

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Pissed

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Kimberly3437

Kimberly3437

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue. iPhone says the certificate has expired and I cannot access my email account for Roundcube
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,770 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Well- you can get around that.  If you get the "warning" icon, you can click on that and it tells you the certificate is expired.  You should have the option to "trust" the certificate. I did that and it is working.  I am on Mac OS, using plain ol' MacMail. 

Photo of Kimberly3437

Kimberly3437

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
How do you “trust” it on the iPhone? I don’t see the option to “trust” it.
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

Since I already OK'd it, I can't check it on my iphone to see how/if you can do that.  I would look under Passwords & Accounts in Settings and see if the warning icon or option to do something with the account is there.  It was easy to do on the desktop mail.  
Photo of Stephenne5525

Stephenne5525

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
My iPhone did not give me the option to trust. There’s nothing to click on after I select “details” other than on the next screen it shows an option to click on “more details”
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

What does it say in "more details?"
Photo of John0701

John0701

• 2,444 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I am having the exact same issue and both Iphone and laptop are not giving me the option to Trust it. So frustrating! Why would they not keep up with when their certificate expires?
Photo of John0701

John0701

Lynn it just gives all the techno details but no option to trust it. I've had this happen before and was able to choose an option (I believe in the details) to trust it. It's not allowing it this time on phone or computer.
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

When I saw the little triangle warning on the email account on the laptop, I clicked it and it said the stuff about the certificate expiring.  I am trying to remember... In that little box there was something I clicked and it said something else about the trusted site and there were 3 options.  One of them was to "always trust this site"  I clicked on that and had to put in my password to let it override the certificate thing.  And it worked. I am sorry that I can't be clearer than that.  I was surprised it worked.  One thing I did do was take all my accounts offline then back online.  I don't see how that would make a difference, but you can try, as I know how frustrating it can be not to have the email working.
Photo of John0701

John0701

Thanks. I was able to get Firefox to finally give me an option to proceed despite their recommendation not to, but I had to close everything out and try to resign back in. Still can't get the Iphone to give any option to trust the certificate despite it being expired, but at least I can get in on my laptop. Whew! Thanks for your help.
Photo of Luis3215

Luis3215

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Email service down. Please resolve ASAP. The email service being down, not having a point of contact to address the problem, and Homestead not having posted a notice already informing your customers that you guys are aware of the problem and are working around the clock to solve it is unconscionable.

The problem report includes the following messages:

SSL Certificate Expired
COMODO SSL Wildcard Unverifiable.

Plus, logging into the Help Forum has been a nightmare.

Feeling disappointed, sad, frustrated.
Photo of Luis3215

Luis3215

We don't pay for a service so we have to fish around for informal shortcuts and uncertified advise that put our devices and files at risk. We pay for a service so we get a professional, fully-deployed tech solution. Let's make sure Homestead acknowledges the magnitude of this failure and the lack of appropriate customer service channels to address it.

Please tweet to https://twitter.com/hswebsites and https://twitter.com/intuit and PM to https://twitter.com/hswebsites massively, so they realize they need to provide an official statement about the problem and solve this ASAP.

Photo of Luis3215

Luis3215

I can't even check my mail on my webmail. And I refuse to bypass all the security protocols on all my browsers to check my email on a service that's supposed to comply with all security protocols, starting with a basic SSL.
Photo of David5099

David5099

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is very frustrating. I have several homestead sites. Is there any way to speak directly to someone?
Photo of Carmen5364

Carmen5364

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My company email system is also down, through our paid service with Homestead.  It's getting progressively worse -- my employees are now advising that their email accounts will not sync, so they cannot receive messages from customers, or our main office.  Homestead is not open, and therefore, has no support for us.  Google has warned of this for long enough, that this should have NEVER happened.  Please get this fixed ASAP Homestead -- your customers deserve better than this.

(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.