Email down

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Been experiencing problems with people trying to send me email and it comes back to them with a recipient is not valid error.  Is there an email outage...again?!
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

• 1,334 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No, there are no email issues at this time. What is the address?
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

stephen2(at)waterfrontnc(dot)com

Haven't received any new emails in the last 5 hours and I know several that have tried to send me emails.  I even sent an email from another email address with homestead on one of my other domains and received the same error message "recipient is invalid"
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Your domain is suspended. Please read the topic linked below

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

Got it fixed. I understand why they do this, but ICANN can really be a pain sometimes.  Sure wish homestead could notify the managing homestead account email before domains get disconnected.
Photo of David8179

David8179

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm also experiencing email problems, no incoming and unable to send.
Photo of David8179

David8179

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Your domain is suspended. Please read the topic linked below

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information
Photo of David8179

David8179

Ive updated the data and the account seems to work again. While the account was suspended has all attempted incoming email been lost?

Thanks!

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Unfortunately yes. ICANN basically removes the DNS records which means the Internet doesn't know where your email should be delivered