EMail down again?

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

• 3,688 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Not that I see. My mail is up and running. What problem are you having?
(Edited)
Photo of Jen Devillier

Jen Devillier

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Well if he doesn't answer the same thing, when I try to log in, it says the server is down and the site cannot be reached. Even if I go on the homestead website and check the email that way, same deal. 
Photo of Jen Devillier

Jen Devillier

Looks like it. I need to get in my inbox too as I have a podcast to do today and the phone number I need is in there. Grrrrr~!!!! This is the second time in the last couple of weeks. What is going on??
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

Not loading....timing out. Not my internet cuz everything else is working just fine.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

What is the symptom? I am able to log in and use all my email addresses at this time.
Photo of Jen Devillier

Jen Devillier

I just told you what mine was. I tried both methods of logging in. To no avail. My internet is working beautifully. 
Photo of Jen Devillier

Jen Devillier

Just tried again on the actual website and this time it says:

LGI-0006 Categories=USER_INPUT Message='Invalid credentials.' exceptionID=-1212497473-6013720
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Jen Devillier, I was able to log in to your mailbox. The servers are up and running so it is likely to be a networking issue. If you  Internet is working for other things, then it has to be something between you and us along the way. I am notifying our network team to see if they can track it down.
Photo of Jen Devillier

Jen Devillier

Thank you Drew! It was working just fine before and I haven't changed anything overnight. 
Photo of Jen Devillier

Jen Devillier

It's miraculously back up now. 
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

• 3,678 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Mine isn't working yet
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Which one are you trying? or is it all?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I saw it in the image below. I logged in successfully. I don't want to show your email, but here is the entry page portion.

Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

Drew-How can this be a problem for many of your customers but yet you claim it not to be a problem of Homestead?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Call Me Ozz, I have not found out what it is or is not, just following the evidence. The servers are operating normally and we have checked many email address and they are all working. This led me to speculate that it is a networking issue, in that if the servers are running, then most likely it is a communications issue. Many communications issues occur regionally as not all internet traffic is run along the same lines. I have simply tried to give you information of where it appears the problem is happening
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

I just tried it in another browser just to make sure it's not a cache issue....it's not
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

It's up and running again. Looks like my admin jumped in as he was probably having problems as well.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Happy to hear it. I still don't have a cause, but if it was a switch or something outside of our servers, then I might not hear. If I hear anything more, I'll let you know.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I still have heard nothing on the cause, so I am guessing it was outside of us. I will let you know a planneded maintenance notice for tonight. There will be periods of a few minutes where mail will be unavailable tonight, for some customers, starting at 9:00pm eastern time. It should amount to a significant period of time.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.