Elements shift downwards on page when editing text.

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When I edit text, for example change the font to a larger one, how do i make it so everything below that text box doesn't move down the page?  I changed a font from 30 to 42 and noticed the page moved the elements below the text box down the page some to make room for the enlarged text box.  I guess what I'm asking is how do i anchor or lock elements into position so they don't move?
Photo of Lisa2313

Lisa2313

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Nick5507

Nick5507

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I just noticed a person named lisa2313's profile took the place of mine, cause I'm not Lisa2313.  I'm Nick5507. No clue why my post posted under Lisa2313.  That's odd because I'm the one who posted this question.
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,782 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Also, in reference to it posting to the wrong account, are you using a public computer or have someone else that uses this computer or network to log into a different Homestead account?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,782 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Nick,

There is not a way to lock elements, but to stop the elements from shifting, you just need to make the text box large enough before you make the change to text. This will prevent elements from shifting.
Photo of Nick5507

Nick5507

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Okay thank you. I had a feeling that was the fix.

Also, I think that Lisa2313 might be a Lisa that I know who works at a restaurant that I do their website for.  I'm just confused as to how her help account got activated on my computer.  Maybe she logged into the account and something somehow got crossed over cause she's never been on my computer before. Either way it's no biggie. I changed that account's password cause well, I'm supposed to be their only webmaster :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.