edits to page are not published - blank space where content should be

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have a website that was first created around 2000.  The content is mostly static and for my own use, so I have put up with the problem for the past couple of years.  I keep meaning to change web hosts but have been too busy to rebuild the site.

When I edit a page, I can see the new material in the editor. I save the page.  I publish the page.

The new version comes up with blank space where the edited material should be.  I have checked file manager, my cache and all the usual suspects.  You can look at http://whanafi.homestead.com/Financial.html as an example.  There should be two other logos with links in front of the BNP logo.

Photo of Waleed1410

Waleed1410

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,378 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

It seem like the system was getting hung up trying to reflect what you had in the old downloadable software vs what is showing in the online builder. However, I was able to get those files properly uploaded to Sitebuilder plus and they are now showing on the published site. Going forward you will not have any problems adding content and publishing. 
Photo of Waleed1410

Waleed1410

I just logged in to Sitebuilder Plus and tried to publish the page, but there is no change.  The new content is still blank when published.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

It looks like the HTML code is blocking those images from being displayed. When I remove that code and view the site, those images do show but when it is present those logos are hidden. Something in that code is preventing those images from showing so you would want to remove that code from the page. 

Photo of Waleed1410

Waleed1410

Michelle, thanks so much for taking the time to figure out the problem.  I am very happy to be able to publish once again.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are welcome. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.