Editing or Removing Code

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Is it possible to find out what these codes do on my Home page and if I can eliminate them?

~media/elements/shared/javascript_disabled.gif

tp.gif

~site/siteapps/shapes.action?CMD=GetRectangleGif&r=255&g=255&b=255
Photo of PresentMikel

PresentMikel

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The only code that can be removed is code that you add via an HTML box. Other code is generated by the system when you publish and relates to the system of elements Sitebuilder uses.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,226 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Look at Page Setting and remove the html from Advanced Settings.
Photo of PresentMikel

PresentMikel

I think I understand. I am using a SEO program asking me to add ALT attributes to these 3 images which I'm assuming is in Sitebuilder and unavailable to me. Is there any reason why these would hurt SEO?

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

They should not. Alt tags are good to use on the images you place on your site that are part of your content. These images are more related to the design and are things like colored rectangles and other things. Search engines are pretty smart about seeing what the code does.
Photo of PresentMikel

PresentMikel

Thanks Drew, 
Ok, I'll go with that, makes sense to me. I can exclude these in the SEO Scan but want to do all I can to bring my website back to first page searches. Thanks again for helping me work through this stuff.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome. Good luck on the page rank. Let us know if we can help

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.