Ecommerce using Sitebuilder without StoreFront or SimpleStore

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I would like to just tag certain photographs on my website with the "Paypal Buy-Now button," and use the facilities of (only) a Paypal shopping cart to process sales. Is there any limit on the number of items that I can sell on my website when I use only the "insert paypal shopping cart," and "insert paypal button" ecommerce facilities of the Sitebuilder program, that is, without using either Storefront or Simplestore? For example, if I have 500 photographs on my site of various things that I am offering for sale, can I accomplish this (in theory) using only the "insert paypal shopping cart," and "insert Paypal button" ecommerce facilities of the Sitebuilder program?
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

• 784 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can place as many as you want but if you get too many, it can make the site pretty messy and you'll probably want to use an ecommerce hosting plan. Approximately how many items are you thinking?

Mike
Photo of Ronald5605

Ronald5605

• 784 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
In the big picture of things, I was thinking of how I might be more efficient with respect to my overall price of Homestead services, while making shopping on my site easier for customers: The following paragraph describes what I have, and how it seems to me that it might be streamlined/made more efficient... and I answer your question of just how many items/pictures I am talking about:

To keep the total number of items offered for sale in my SimpleStore below 100, I use "Attributes" for each item. The "Options" assigned to each of these "Attributes" include, for example, Wallet No. 1, Wallet No. 2, etc. Because I can only show one picture per product in SimpleStore, I refer my customers to Product pages that I have built within my site; these pages show pictures of each and every SimpleStore Attribute Option (Wallet No, 1, Wallet No. 2, etc). As such, the customer views the options, then returns to my SimpleStore, and selects from the drop down list of Attribute Options. So, why have Simple store at all- if I can just put Paypal Buy Buttons on each picture shown on other pages within my site. Furthermore, I have more control over pages on my site than I do pages in SimpleStore.

So, to answer your question, If I did away with my Simple Store, I would have between 150 and 200 pictures that would need to be tagged with "Paypal Buy-Now" buttons.

In the Homestead "Help" section, I recently read "if you have fewer than 10 items for sale, you can simply install a paypal shopping cart..." later, the requirement of 10 or fewer items disappeared from that particular part of Homestead Help: Could I (in theory) use only a paypal shopping cart with 150 - 200 pictures that are tagged with Paypal Buy Buttons?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes.. You can do it as you described. It is really a matter of personal preference. The SimpleStore does have some limitation so doesn't work for everyone. You can certainly set up the site the ways you described. It will require more labor in setting it up but if the flow is easy for the customers to understand, and you get sales, then that is what counts!

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.