Duplicate file names on Website Builder

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: archiving for 7 days of inactivity

With Sitebuilder Plus, if I had a duplicate file name, it would warn me and basically asked if I wanted to change it. Website Builder does no such thing. Why not?
Photo of gwrratn6550

gwrratn6550

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 7,068 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

In Sitebuilder plus the software had a file manager which stored a hard copy of each file and it monitored the size and names of each file. It also monitored how much storage and usage you have on the server since those are limited dependent on the package. Since the new WebsiteBuilder is cloud based and does not technically limit or monitor the size and names of files stores and it will not ask if you would like to change or override the existing file, it allows you to upload and store the same file more than once with no problem. Hopefully this provides some insight on how it operates. 
(Edited)
Photo of gwrratn6550

gwrratn6550

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It does, but the problem is that I use the same name for many of my files, expecting that it will over write the other. Now, I don't even have a place to go and see which file is which.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 7,068 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I understand this can cause confusion. I would recommend upon initial saving just change the ending of the file name or add an identifier to the name to avoid that.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.