Duplicate facebook open graph tags

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I'm trying to update my Facebook og tags for title, description, etc. I am using the Page Settings --> Advanced Settings --> Head section to paste my own og tags.

I have successfully updated the Facebook title, description and image for all pages except my home page. The home page still contains a duplicate title:og tag with the previous name.

Checking the html I can see that my updates to <head> have taken effect, but there is another title:og tag following (and replacing) the one I've placed in the Page Settings --> Advanced Settings --> Head section.

I've looked all over and don't know what else to do. Help!
Photo of Marty7055

Marty7055

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Remove the titlte tag from the header and add a Like button to your site. On the right side, edit the settings of the like button. What you set will be the new title tag. You may remove the Like button after you publish if you don't want it there. The other tags can stay in the head.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.