Drew can you help with deletion. I have begun a massive deletion excercise to try to make my site work better ie Publish!

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I have started to look at the oldest pages to delete . I have found pages called travellibraryphotos 3,4.5 but they do not exist in my drop down file menu. Can I take it that these pages have already been deleted ? If I look on the published website reference  pages for them exist.. I have started by looking at each photo but I guess that as time goes on, I shall delete by date and hope I do not lose too many links.
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

• 1,922 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • overwhelmed by task

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You have some very old pages in there. They are not in the list because Sitebuilder Plus does not recognize them. The .hc files are the very old pages from desktop Sitebuilder. They are not yet deleted, they just don't display in Plus, but you should see them in the file manager. The only way to convert them to the current format is to open the site in Sitebuilder desktop and then Publish the whole site. Once done, all those pages should show up.
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

Thanks Drew, but I want all of those old pages deleted. Can you do this? They do not show in File Manager. I want to reduce this site dramatically but as there are so many photos , it is a long task. Any deletion of old files you could do at your end would be so much appreciated.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Unfortunately, I can't delete them. I could do the conversion so that they show in your file manager, but I can not delete files from a customer website.
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

Thanks anyway. I would rather not . I will ignore those. There are plenty of others to delete!
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

Ps just one more thing if you can spare a moment.
Am I right that deleting a page does not also delete images from file manager?
Ie to destroy a page, it is necessary to delete both images and page? Just wishful thinking. Maybe
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Unfortunately deleting the page does not delete the images. They must be deleted separately. Sorry.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.