Drew and Todd....Once Again I CANNOT Upload Photos

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

For the past several weeks......NO PROBLEM uploading multiple photos.....then today I CANNOT HIGHLIGHT PHOTOS IN MY FOLDERS to upload to my File Manager for my DAILY SUNRISE photos page.....HELP!!
Jack
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

• 2,370 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 53,980 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Have you exceeded your storage limit?
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

No......only about 10% as far as I know??

I delete photos daily and add new ones so I guess net/net no additions!!

We have been down this road twice lately....1st time Drew said an update they did caused the problem.....second time it just started working and neither Todd nor I know why.......SPOOKY!!

It is quite frustrating when I spend a LOT of time daily for folks to see our local Sunrises and it doesn't work!!

Hope it is fixed soon!!

Jack  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 255,080 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jack. Can you try looking at Flash in your browser. If you got a browser update, it may have been disabled.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/why-am-i-not-able-to-upload-files
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Drew.......
Flash is "Allowed" and still cannot highlight all photos.......NOTHING works just like before!!
VERY FRUSTRATING Drew!!
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Drew......are you available on weekends or am I going to have to wait until next week??
If next week I'll have make an apology in text on my website.......this is getting old and I wish we knew exactly why it's happening!!
Jack
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 42,858 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jack, Drew and Todd both have weekends off. :(

Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales:  1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998

Phone:
Mon-Fri 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)
Sat-Sun Closed

Community:
Homestead Techs available Mon - Fri
Community Members - Available 24x7
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I just put the following on my Today's Sunrise Page......

I am very sorry but for some reason I cannot upload photos to my website at this time!!

Homestead "Techs" are working on it but for now I cannot upload "Today's Sunrise" photos!!

Hopefully this will be resolved quickly so please check back daily!

Jack 
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Drew.....
Last time I could use IE to upload photos and publish with Chrome but now neither of them work......and Flash is enabled in both!!  
Hope this gives you some ideas??
Jack 
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

This morning I discovered I can upload photos one at a time......but it's VERY SLOW......would take an hour or more for 21 photos!!
Still cannot highlight all photos in my folder to upload....."Ctrl-A" used to highlight them all and then I clicked "Open" to upload them all to "File Manager" in about 3-5 minutes!!
Hope y'all can fix this again Drew?
Jack
Photo of Drew N

Sorry Jack. I am looking for more options. Just to make sure, you did check Flash in Chrome for sitebuilder as in my link above? With the new Chrome you have to enable it on each individual site you desire. It can not be enabled for all sites at once as I understand it.

The development team is currently working on a non flash alternative for this issue. That should resolve it once and for all. I will keep looking for other possibilities, but we didn't change anything since it had been working, so I need to get back to it.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Yes Drew.....Flash is active in Chrome and IE......but no multiple photo uploads in either.......only one at a time and VERY SLOW!!
Photo of Drew N

Ok, I will keep looking. I will also see if I can find out the status of the new upload procedure.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Still not able to highlight multiple files to upload but apparently I  can do 'em ONE AT A TIME........VERY S-L-O-W!!
How'd ya fix it last time Drew??
Jack
Photo of Drew N

Yea, this is a different issue. I am looking into it.
Photo of Drew N

The multiple file upload option was part of Flash at the time, and the best way to do it. Since Flash has been a big problem recently in relation to Flash, the Flash option was removed. Unfortunately that set us back to the 1 file limit. We are investigating the current best way to enable this ability again. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I was not aware they had disabled the Flash option already.

Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Thanks as always Drew!!
One at a time will take too long for me to even fool with it.......HOPE you can figger it out!!
Jack
Photo of Drew N

Me too.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Cannot even upload ONE PHOTO this morning Drew....it just freezes up and GOOGLE asks if I want to Cancel Pages?!!
Jack
Photo of Drew N

We had an issue with DNS resolution earlier. Can you now?
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Yep.....one at a time Drew........took over 2 minutes for ONE PHOTO so 21 would take FOREVER.......hope you can fix the multiple uploads...seriously!!
Jack
Photo of Drew N

I understand, and I am sure they will get it fixed, unfortunately, this is in the developers hands now and I am not yet sure when it can be released. They have some coding and testing to do before we can release it.

In the short term, you could resize the images before uploading. Make the images smaller, that will reduce the upload time. I am sorry.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I've done that before Drew and they look like crap when you open them on the website.......too small and grainy.....not good!!
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

FYI........8-26-17 and still not working Drew!
I may try one at a time tomorrow and see how long it takes but afraid it'll take an hour or more and I just cannot do that daily!!
It may just be time to close my website down.....SAD!!
Jack
Photo of Drew N

I am sorry Jack. Right now it is working as it is supposed to. Removing Flash dropped us to one file at a time. They are working in programming to do this another way, but we don't release code fixes daily, or even weekly, so it might be a little while before multiple files will be possible again. I'll check with the developers and see if they have an idea.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

What was wrong with Flash Drew.......it seemed to work fine for me??
Photo of Drew N

Everyone is discontinuing support for Flash. It won't likely be around much longer.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Why is that Drew......BUGS......
What is the preferred replacement??
Photo of Drew N

It is very vulnerable to security flaws. Even if we wanted to use it, the browsers are phasing it out and so it won't be usable at some point. HTML5 should be able to do anything Flash could do and much safer.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Please tell 'em to hurry and fix it Drew......OK??
Jack
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Well Drew....just for kicks I decided to upload my photos today.....ONE AT A TIME.......No Go!!  It took over 5 minutes to upload TWO photos which would result in 2 hours of waiting to upload 21 photos......if GOOGLE didn't freeze up a few times along the way.........UGH!!  When I could upload multiple photos it seldom took over 10 minutes and sometime less!!
I realize that most folks have businesses and probably don't upload multiple photos daily like I do.......mine is strictly a HOBBY website that has become very frustrating over the years.......many problems in the past!!
I realize you guys are dealing with problems I probably wouldn't understand and sincerely hope you find a workaround soon........
I'm gonna keep postin' so they don't close this conversation down like has happened before due to inactivity!!
Thanks again for all your help Drew and I hope for a speedy resolution!!
Jack  
Photo of Drew N

I hope we get something soon as well.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Still not working for multiple photos Drew....any news yet??
Photo of Drew N

Unfortunately not yet. The process of planning, coding and testing takes time.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I can help testing if ya like??
Photo of Drew N

Unfortunately, testing gets done in a different environment than live sites, just in case.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Any news Drew......still no worky!!
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Jack since it could be a rather long time before the developers get to this you might look into online photo albums and see if one of those would satisfy your needs. An online album could be linked to your website and you could import a single image to your site as a 'teaser' with a link to the album.

Just a thought given that the ability to batch upload in Homestead certainly won't happen soonish.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

So....they cannot used Flash while developing whatever new they have in mind??
I'll look into online albums for now....maybe that will work??
As always thanks for your help!!
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Flash has proven to have security issues and the browsers are phasing it out so program developers need to find a new way, which as Drew has said will involve using HTML 5 and the Homestead developers will need to figure out how to incorporate that into the programs - not an easy task and given they have a whole lot on their plates I would sure recommend looking for alternatives.

What is your site address?
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Susan!!

It's CoosawjackPhotography.com  and strictly a HOBBY site so I may just fold the whole thing up or find another company that can accommodate me.....trouble is uploading 1000 photos is very time consuming!!

I really hope you guys can come up with a fix!!  I could load daily photos one at a time but 2-3 minutes per photo is just nuts!!  Is there a way to speed it up??

Jack
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Jack be sure your images are optimized before you upload them. You can do this at www.dynamicdrive.com click on Image Optimizer.  I ran your lighthouse pic through, saved it at 50 and it went from 729kbs to 91.2kbs without really losing any quality for online viewing. For your daily sunrise images why not just upload a few optimized images rather than a bunch until such time as you find a better way to import photos.
Photo of Drew N

I received an update that the developers are targeting the next release for the new HTML upload. I don't have a date for that yet. They are usually at 3-5 week intervals, but we had some delays on the last one due to our servers being primarily in Houston.
Photo of Drew N

Update: Jack, the developers have coded the multiple file upload and it should be available with the next update, assuming there are no issues. I do not yet have a release date, but will let you know when I do.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

This is GREAT news Drew....just let me know when!!
Thanks as always!!
Jack
Photo of Drew N

Hi Jack, the current plan is to release this next Tuesday. As long as final testing goes well and nothing else gets in the way, it should be fixed then. It won't probably be done as early as sunrise, but...
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I thank you Drew and truly appreciate all you guys are doing.......I will let you know next week when the update takes place!!
Thanks again and have a nice weekend!!
Jack
PS: DO NOT SAY "HI JACK" AROUND AN AIRPORT!!
Photo of Drew N

Now I really want to. That sound fun, if I can blame it on the guy next to me.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I tried the "Bulk Upload" just now but it's probably still too early.....didn't work??
Photo of Drew N

Good morning Jack. Yes, you were a bit early. It went live about 30 minutes ago. You should be able to do it now. It worked for me.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Sorry but it ain't working here Drew.......I opened my photo folder clicked the first photo and hit Ctrl A and nothing......first photo only highlighted!!

Now what?? 
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

That was with Chrome so I tried IE and cannot even load the "File Manager"........ 
Photo of Drew N

I didn't test ctrl-a. Click the first image and then press and hold shift and click the last. Tell me if that works. That was what I tried.
Photo of Drew N

I was also just informed that they just completed updating the last server, so maybe you just hadn't been gotten to yet.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I tried that on Chrome and IE Drew......NO WORKY either!!
Photo of Drew N

The ctrl-a worked for me, so I am guessing that was the issue. I gave you the go ahead to soon. I am using Chrome
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Still nothing at 2:10 PM EDT Drew!!

Tried both ways and cleared RAM as well.....

Could Flash be interfering with it??
Photo of Drew N

Ah. One sec. I am only using file manager. Let me do some more testing.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

WEIRD........I opened File Manager in FireFox and it allows highlighting of all my files with "Ctrl A" but is locked up trying to upload the first file??

BTW, File Manager will not even open in IE Drew!!
Photo of Drew N

Ok. I have only worked in Chrome thus far. I was able to select all in both file manager and adding a photo gallery. Do you see the upload status on the bottom left?
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

No I do not see that!!

What is really nuts is FireFox froze or appeared to and when I opened File Manager in Chrome ALL PHOTOS WERE UPLOADED by FireFox.......CRAZY!!

I tried highlighting all files in Chrome and it still does not work Drew!!
Photo of Drew N

I see the issue in Internet Explorer and am looking into it. I am having a drag and drop issue in Chrome and Firefox, but both Chrome and Firefox allow me to open file manager and click import. Select multiple images and open. The all upload. The progress bar appears to be a Chrome feature. Can you log out of your account and log back in via incognito mode and then try opening file manager and importing the images?
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I can highlight all my files in the Incognito mode Drew......didn't upload but I'll bet it will work!!
Photo of Drew N

It worked for me in both Firefox and Chrome, but Chrome had the little progress meter, so I used that. I am going to continue to test and see if we can't get the kinks worked out, but if even one way gets those files up there for you now, then that will help. I was a little swamped today, but I will get to it.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Incognito said it uploded 14 files and the progress meter was finished in a minute or so........then it FROZE for about 15 minutes...... .just check.....upload failed and I had an ERROR message Drew!! 
Photo of Drew N

How about Firefox? I am not sure why it works in my Chrome and not yours. I am looking though.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I have not tried FireFox again since it DID NOT show the uploaded photos but Chrome did.......this is NUTS!! 

I'll mess with it some more tomorrow Drew....OK??
Photo of Drew N

Yes. Make sure to log out of your account this evening in Chrome, then clear the browser history and then try tomorrow morning.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I tried again this morning Drew......used Incognito and it allows me to highlight all files and does a quick progress report then says "waiting for Homestead to respond".......basically does NOTHING!!

Then after about 10 minutes I get this and nothing has uploaded>>

I sure hope you guys can figger this out.....VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Jack
Photo of Drew N

Did you drag and drop the files, or click the import button and select the files? In Chrome, I see error 0x39 only when dragging and dropping. I am preparing a document for the development staff to review and look at your logs.
Photo of Drew N

Also, do you see the error 0x39 when importing via Firefox?

For me I am uploading 14 images and both Chrome and Firefox work. How many images are you trying to upload and what is the approximate size?
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I never drag and drop.....don't know how and only click upload button......open photo folder......highlight all photos and click open.......it looked like it was working until the ERROR message Drew!!

Let me know what/when to try again??

Thanks!!
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

No ERROR message on FireFox but no indication the photos uploaded either......when I went to Chrome there they were!!
Photos are 100-300 KB....some may be a bit larger but I resize them so they look descent when opened on the website!! 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 53,980 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jack6491: I looked at your site and have a recommendation. The blue font is very hard to read on the blue background. Although the blue background is very dramatic, I'd try using a white background that will feature your content much better. It's easy to change and you can change it back easily as well. Of course, you'll want to make appropriate changes to font colors to correspond to your new background. Studies show that fewer fonts type, sizes and colors are more effective when formatting websites. Keep it simple and let your art shine.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Ok Jack, I will pass this on. I am not sure which browser uploaded the images, and both Firefox and Chrome work without error for me. I am having others run tests so we can see if we can narrow it down.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

FYI.....Homestead changed some stuff a few years ago and my original backgrounds became OBSOLETE without notification causing me to spend 2 hours or more daily trying to upload my Sunrise photos....this went on for a YEAR OR MORE before a NICE LADY at Homestead found the problem which required me to change all backgrounds and BLUE was what I selected!! 

My 2 hour uploads went to 10 minutes so I have left it alone but would be glad to change if it wouldn't screw anything up......KINDA GUN SHY right now and ready to close it all down if we cannot fix it....this is JUST A HOBBY and it has become a NIGHTMARE!! 

I email my Sunrise photos daily to around 300 folks all over the world and GOOGLE shut me down as a SPAMMER so I had to go to a commercial company to host my stuff.......kinda sad when ya try to show people how BEAUTIFUL the world can be.......GOOGLE is not my friend and they don't care either so I moved on!!

Off the soapbox and hope y'all understand how I feel!!?? 

Coosawjack 
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Drew......I opened the File Manager this morning and ALL of yesterday's 15 photos were there even though it showed an ERROR and I closed it........trying again today.......will let ya know what transpires!!  
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

First try I got ERROR and no uploaded photos but the second try I got ERROR and upon closing File Manager and reopening I had all 16 photos!!  I updated text and loaded photos in a gallery to Publish......it froze many times and took about 30 minutes to assemble the gallery but so far has not Published after 2 tries Drew?? 
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

WELL......I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.......PUBLISHED ON THE 3RD TRY AND AFTER AN HOUR AND A HALF OF WORK!!
Photo of Drew N

We are still trying to replicate this so we can track it down. I'm going to try to send up much larger images today to see if maybe there is a timeout happening.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Go to my website and see "Today's Sunrise" for the size photos I use Drew.......if they are much smaller they look grainy when enlarged!!
Photo of Drew N

I am trying to upload some images to your site, to see if it is the account somehow. I picked 14 images totaling about 35mb, so much bigger than what you are uploading.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Is it working??
Photo of Drew N

It uploaded 10 of the 14 and then go the error. I am going to speak with the developers.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Thanks Drew.....I really appreciate you staying with me on this!!
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Well I gave the uploads 3 tries and it failed all 3 times in Incognito with ERROR Code: 0x39 whatever that means??

Hope you folks can figger it out Drew!!
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Drew......

After 3 tries yesterday and NO PHOTOS uploaded to File Manager I tried again today and would ya believe the dang photos were ALL THERE TODAY when I opened File Manager......What next??

Jack
(Edited)
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

OK......I got the ERROR again message after several minutes of uploading and closed it and there were NO UPLOADED PHOTOS in the File Manager so I closed out of the entire thing then re-opened and wouldn't ya know it.......ALL SIXTEEN PHOTOS WERE THERE!!!

What the heck is going on here Drew??  
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

OK Drew......buckle your seat belt.......here we go!! 

Over the weekend I decided to try normal Chrome and it actually allowed me to highlight all photos to upload so I tried and got the error message THREE TIMES with no apparent uploaded photos so I closed it out and re-opened SiteBuilder!!  When I checked File Manager ALL THE PHOTO WERE THERE!!

I attempted to Publish and after THREE ATTEMPTS I got a mess......see this attachment!! 

Although I deleted all the previous photos from the File Manager they were still on the page under the NEW PHOTOS!!!

This morning I tried again and got the same error message after one attempt to upload 18 photos so I closed SiteBuilder and reopened to find 16 photos had up loaded so I began installing them one at a time to the page to publish and it was about normal with at least two freezes and then the really weird thing was when I got to photo #15 ALL OF A SUDDEN photos #17 & #18 MAGICALLY showed up!! 

I added all 18 photos to the page to publish and after about 15 minutes it published this mess......today's photos ON TOP OF YESTERDAY'S PHOTOS!! 

Why are the previous photos still there but not in File Manager and why do I get the "Upload ERROR" but then find some or all photos have actually uploaded after I close SiteBuilder and re-open it?????

I hope this chronology of events helps y'all figger this INSANITY out Drew??

Jack
Photo of Drew N

I am passing this along. I am still not sure why my firefox and chrome work fine and yours do not.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

An update for y'all Drew.......

Today I turned off all Ad Blockers to see if that was a problem and uploaded 13 photos....after 5 minutes got the ERROR message and it looked like no photos uploaded!!  Instead of closing and re-opening SiteBuilder I went ahead and tried inserting photos........guess what.......THEY WERE THERE in File Manager but if I opened File Manager they weren't showing to be there.......CRAZY!!  Don't think the Blockers make any difference??

Now......after 2 attempts at Publishing it finally Published but the 13 photos from today were superimposed over the 18 photos from yesterday!!   

Go to my "Today's Sunrise" tab and you can enlarge the top 13 photos fine but yesterday's photos underneath have become part of the background and will not enlarge......wonder why they are not being deleted Drew??

The photos from 10-1-17 are gone so it is deleting photos from 2 days back but not yesterday's photos.......I hope this gives y'all some insight??

We ARE gaining on it!!

Jack
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Drew......Other than not showing the uploaded photos in File Manager after upload ERROR message it worked PERFECTLY today!!

When I deleted the photos daily the box that surround them was still there thus the superimposed photos over the previous day......figgered that out today by myself !!

Now if we can fix the error message and not showing the uploaded photos in File Manager we'll be back in BIDNESS Drew!!

BTW.....when I first added photos to the Gallery only about half were there but as I added more......one at a time......all were actually there just showing up slowly if that makes sense??

Jack
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Worked good again today......took about 45 minutes start to finish and gave the ERROR message in File Manager with NO PHOTOS showing but when I created the Gallery 13 of the 15 were there at first and about halfway through creating the Gallery all 15 were there???

Hope this helps y'all figger out why my photos don't show up in File Manager after the ERROR message Drew....otherwise I think it may be FIXED!!

Thanks again for all your help!!
Photo of Drew N

Thanks. I am passing all this on. Some others have reported issues too, so I have an active ticket with the development team. They are looking at the logs to determine possible solutions.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Making progress Drew and I thank you for "Carrying The Ball" so to speak!!
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

It worked well today but still shows the upload ERROR and no photos but they are there when I start installing the Gallery on my page?? 

Could it be something I'm doing wrong Drew?? 
Photo of Drew N

I don't think so. I have a few others that are still getting the error too. We're still looking though.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Here's a little more information Drew......

This morning 21 images uploaded with the Error and NONE showing in File Manager...closed it!!  When I started installing Image #1 in today's Gallery there were only 16 of the 21 showing in Upload Box......when installing Image #2 there were 17 showing and by the time I got to Image #5 ALL 21 were in Upload Box!! 

Does that tell you guys anything that might help??
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

It worked PERFECTLY today Drew.......no ERROR message and photos showed up in File Manager!!

Happy again......thanks!!
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Well......I got excited too soon Drew......ERROR message again and NO PHOTOS showing in the File Manager!!  When I set up the Gallery 14 of the 19 photos were there and by the time I got to #8 to add to my Gallery ALL 19 were there!!

Just checked and it published OK......just wonder why it worked as designed yesterday and not today??
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I GIVE UP Drew.......this is getting absurd!!

I opened SiteBuilder and got a Popup saying that you have gone to HTML 5 or something and when the Sunrise page opened it was from September 2014 with a MIDNIGHT BLUE BACKGROUND........also showed it was "coosawjackphotography2.com.....I HAVE NO CLUE how the "2" version got there and need to update "coosawjackphotography.com".........HELP!!
Photo of Drew N

You have 2 sites on the account. There is a drop down when you click on Websites manager. It is right above the Edit site button. You will see coosawjackphoto2.homestead.com and coosawjackphotography.com. Make sure you select coosawjackphotography.com then after the screen refreshes, then select Edit site
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I finally figgered it out and it worked OK Drew.......just wondered why it arbitrarily went to site #2 after the HTML 5 splash screen??

I'll let you know how it works today!!

Thanks!!
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

OK Drew......today I got the ERROR message after trying to upload 15 photos but when I set up my Gallery they were all there so I proceeded to assembly the 15 photo Gallery!!  

After that I hit "Publish" and only this page.......it "Saved" my page and then just stopped........so I hit "Publish" again and it froze for quite awhile then instead of my newly published page showing up I got this: 

So......then I looked at my website and under Today's Sunrise tab EVERYTHING had published PROPERLY so why all the ERRORS now??

This really is getting NUTZ......

Am I the only one having trouble??

Jack
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Same thing today Drew but when I got the "Failed To Publish" error it actually failed to publish twice.....third error and it published!!! 
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Drew......I still get the ERROR and no photos from uploading but they are there and I get "oops error" that Publishing failed but it actually works......WEIRD but I can live with it if ya'll can't fix it!! 

Jack
Photo of Drew N

I am told they have resolved the issue. It is still in testing. Right now it is scheduled to be released next Wednesday, but that can change.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

It's actually working pretty damn GOOD Drew......just says it's not!!
Photo of Drew N

Good morning Jack. The developers released the update about an hour ago, so let me know if you get any errors or have trouble after you see this message. We were a day late, but hopefully not a dollar short.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

It's been working but giving lots of ERROR messages.....some are real some are not so I just plug along until it eventually works and so far it has worked daily!!

I'll report back tomorrow after I try changing my webpage and let you know what happened Drew!!

Thanks!! 
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Drew.......it gave me the ERROR message after uploading photos and none showed in the File Manager but they were there when I put the Gallery together....weird!!

When I published it gave me a new pinwheel gismo that froze after a few minutes.......

Then after a few minutes I got this ERROR message.......   

BUT.......everything worked FINE.......REALLY WEIRD??

Jack
Photo of Drew N

I received no errors yesterday in Chrome. I'll do some more tests today. IE and Safari we not as successful. Firefox also worked. Try clearing the browser history if you didn't already. We will start seeing if anyone else is still showing any problems. Drag and Drop in to the file manager worked for me too.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Drew.......it has been working much better and in fact when I highlight all my photos and drag & drop to the File Manager they actually show up with no errors!!

It does still give me an error message saying Publishing failed but so far it has Published fine??

Jack
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Oops! Your publishing request failed due to a network or server issue.

Try publishing again, and if it still doesn't work, call us at: 1-800-710-1998
Photo of Drew N

The images uploaded today all show as published now. Did you try more than once?
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

First Publish attempt failed but second worked OK Drew!!
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Hey Drew......it seems to be back to normal....almost?? 

I still get a "Publishing Failed" Error Message every time but most times it has published just fine...wonder why the Error Message??

Jack
Photo of Drew N

A few people still see some glitches. I am trying to figure out why that might be so the developers can fix it.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

I can live with it as is Drew but the "Publishing Error" is actually right about 10% of the time!!
Photo of Drew N

I am glad it is good for now, but I do want to get it cleaned up.
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Well Drew.....it took FIVE tries this morning since publishing failed to include the last photo.......it worked on the fifth publishing try for some reason??
Photo of Jack6491

Jack6491

Saturday morning and I got the usual Publishing Failed Error Message but it published completely the first try Drew!!
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.