How do I access or upgrade to SiteBuilder Plus?

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How do I create a new site?

Hi I wish to change to sitebuilder plus so I can edit on my mac ( problem is system is telling me I must have this but no offering a link ) is it possible to have both available as my computer at work isnt a mac ? how do I downlaod it and how do I email you for questions other than using this forum please.

my email alignbodymindsoul@ymail.com
Photo of oceanyogini

oceanyogini

• 534 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Janet2087

Janet2087

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Mike, could you please upgrade my account to the SB+ so that I can access it with my Mac?
Email for the account is janetsk9clothesline@yahoo.com
Thank you!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,478 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Done!
Photo of Robin3660

Robin3660

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Please update my account to Site Builder plus.
Thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 262,492 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Please publish anything you need to from Sitebuilder and then exit Sitebuilder. Post here and I will change the account and post here again when you can log in to Sitebuilder Plus.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Robin3660

Robin3660

It's ready to go. Please update.
Thanks!
Robin
Photo of Al2175

Al2175

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would like to upgrade to Sitebuilder Plus. Can you please make the switch for me. Thank you.
Photo of Drew N

Please publish anything you need to from Sitebuilder and then exit Sitebuilder. Post here and I will change the account and post here again when you can log in to Sitebuilder Plus.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Al2175

Al2175

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have published my site from sitebuilder, so I should be all set. Please change my account.

Thanks,
Jessica
Photo of Drew N

You are ready to go. You can log in at http://www.homestead.com and then click on websites manager. Then edit site.

Drew
Photo of Lionel1223

Lionel1223

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
can i get access to site builder plus so i can work on my sites via mac?.

can i get access to site builder plus so i can work on my sites via mac?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Your account has been upgraded.

Mike
Photo of Suzanne4850

Suzanne4850

how do i edit my site? I have gone to manage domain and find no choice to edit. Thanks!.

I have signed on, and cannot find the link to edit. Thanks
Photo of Paula4997

Paula4997

account change to site builder plus please.

Hi I would like to have my account changed to site builder plus so that I can import my new transparent log?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Paula4997, Your account has been converted.

Mike
Photo of Louise4640

Louise4640

Help! How can I get sitebuilder plus (for a Mac) out of your office hours?.

Hi, I've offered to help our local soccer club by updating the website. I only have a mac, so from what I understand I need to use sitebuilder plus. But I'm in Australia, so the time that I can do it (evenings) is during the times your web advisers are unavailable. How can I communicate with a web adviser to find out how to update our website on a Mac outside of your hours? Thank you for your help
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Louise4640, We've just converted your account to access the Plus version just follow the steps above.

Mike
Photo of Patricia8249

Patricia8249

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have new computer and would like to download sitebuilder plus on it. Can you upgrade my account please.

Thanks
Photo of Drew N

Log in to your homestead account at http://www.homestead.com. Click on websites manager, then on the blue button that says Edit Site.

Drew
Photo of Patricia8249

Patricia8249

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It is working great!
Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

You're welcome
Photo of Diane5237

Diane5237

• 60 Points
Could you please upgrade my 4 domains to site builder plus?

Thanks
Diana
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Diane5237, Your account has been converted.

Mike
Photo of Briony2071

Briony2071

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do I get Sitebuilder Plus?.

Just seen in another topic that you can now use a new online version of Sitebuilder, Sitebuilder Plus. How do I get this?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Briony2071,

We have to make the change from our end. Just make sure you've published all of your work from the desktop version first. Please reply back here when you are ready for us to make the change.

Mike
Photo of Pam0264

Pam0264

Switch from PC to iMac.

I have purchased a new iMac and want to be able to do everything from my iMac and remove it from my PC. How do I do this?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hello Pam0264, See the top response above. Just reply here when you are ready.

Mike
Photo of T-Boy0323

T-Boy0323

• 60 Points
I would like to access the hundreds of Designs from the Design Gallery but can't find them. I also am not sure if I have the Sitebuilder Plus installed on my computer. It doesn't give me the option of Sitebuilder Plus. Thanks, Andie
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

SiteBuilder Plus is web-based so you don't actually install it on your computer. We can convert your account but have to do it from our end.  Before we do this, you'll want to make sure that you've published any changes on your sites first.  If you are ready for us to make the switch, just reply back here. 

Once the account is converted, you'll access SB+ by logging into your account and then going to the Websites Manager page. The blue "Edit" button will then launch SB+. 

Mike

Photo of Terry6632

Terry6632

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We've ditched the old workhorse XP and jumped into iMac world and, also need to convert to SiteBui;der Plus. After perfoming some simple edits on the Mac with SiteBuilderLite (that at least functioned), the site work has been published, is good to go and is now ready for the jump to Plus.
Please advise next step as I need to now update with several edits. Thanks, -Galen
Photo of Drew N

Hello Terry6632,

Please log out of your account and then back in.  Access SB+ as above and get to editing.  Let us know if you need anything more.

You are good to go.

Drew
Photo of jess

jess

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i have a website built with intuit sitebuilder- my account is a website gold plus package..

I would like to switch to homestead web based site (i believe its sitebuilder plus) so i can use new computer (pc) w/o having to load sitebuilder. (also like the capabilities of using more than one computer- both at work and hojme) can i do this without losing the current website and website design and file structure.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi jess,   It's very easy to convert your account. You won't lose anything as long as you have published all of your work from the Desktop SiteBuilder first.  If you've published everything and are ready to make the change, just reply here and we'll get the account converted for you.

Mike

Photo of jess

jess

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Considering I haven't changed anything in the past month or so, it's ready to be converted! Convert away please
Jess
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Jess,  Your account has been converted. From now on just log into your account on www.homestead.com, go to the Websites Manager page and click the blue Edit button near the center of the page.  Let us know if you have any questions.

Mike
Photo of Debbie8783

Debbie8783

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
mac version sitebuilder.

Hey guys,

I need the Mac Version of sitebuilder, I tried to follow the links, but it just told me to contact Support. Which are closed every time I look. So thought I would ask here while I wait. :)

Thank you
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Debbie8783,   Your account has been converted. The next time you log in, just go to the Websites Manager page, and then click the blue "Edit" button near the center of the page.

Mike
Photo of John2362

John2362

Site has been idle for a long time..

I have no clue how to make my site useable as a simple place to sell goods. http://www.windhavenwoodworks.com
I can't even find any links or ways to get in and edit my site. Can you help?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

John2362  Follow the steps on this page to access the SiteBuilder software.   Then, we literally have hundreds of help topics here on the Community,  If there's a task you are stuck on just use the search field on the home page of the Community and ask a questions. The search engine will return a list of related topics and if none answer your question feel free to just post a new question. 

Mike
Photo of RICHARD1371

RICHARD1371

• 64 Points
Please switch my account to the site builder plus. Thank you.
Photo of Drew N

Hi RICHARD1371,

It's done. Log in to your homestead account at http://www.homestead.com. Click on websites manager, then on the blue button that says Edit Site.

Drew
Photo of Sarah6708

Sarah6708

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to sign up for SiteBuilder Plus for Mac use, can someone help me?.

Can someone please sign me up for Site Builder Plus and get me the instructions for transferring over. My website pages are published and up to date..I would like to be able to update all of my websites via this online route.
Photo of Drew N

Sarah6708,

You can access Plus per the official response above.

Photo of Rhonda8160

Rhonda8160

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to use Homestead with a Mac.

I cannot edit my website with my Mac...how do I download Sitebuilder Plus?
Photo of Drew N

Rhonda8160,

There is no downloading Sitebuilder Plus. It is an online editor. You can access it per the instructions above. We suggest using Chrome or Firefox instead of Safari.
Photo of Ted Walker

Ted Walker

• 70 Points
Hi I don't have the drop down bar to select the plus site Builder    our web site is pennyunniversity.com
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Ted,

Your account is already set to use SiteBuilder Plus, so the drop down does not appear. You are all set.
Photo of John2183

John2183

• 60 Points
Hello I got a new a new computer with windows 8.1 (hate it) and i just found out that i can't use sitebuilder. My websites are yiannisartspace.com and vacationhomejerseyshore.com. Can you also include "sitebuilder plus" for my account. Thank you for your support.

John
Photo of Drew N

Sitebuilder Plus is now available. We also been able to make almost all 8.1 computers work. If you want to try, please check out our Windows 8 install topic.
Photo of Diane3319

Diane3319

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do i download sitebuilder plus? My Windows 7 computer crashed and now i have....
Photo of Allen9710

Allen9710

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am signed in to my account but I do not have sitebuilder installed on my new co....

I just need my question answered.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

It looks like your account is SiteBuilder Plus which is our web based SiteBuilder and does not require a download. See the official reply above to access SiteBuilder Plus.
Photo of John3270

John3270

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would like to change the design of my website but I seem to be limited to the old designs.  How do I get access to the new website templates?   From what I understand, I need to use site builder plus online.  I see the option on my account but I do not see any additional design templates or even how to change my template.  Please help.
Photo of Drew N

I would need to switch your account to be able to use only Sitebuilder Plus. You would no longer be able to use the old desktop Sitebuilder on the account. This is because the new templates are not compatible with the old desktop software. The online version can edit the old sites. If you would like for us to switch this, just let us know.
Photo of John3270

John3270

Yes, please switch my account to use Sitebuilder Plus.  Once I am using Sitebuilder Plus, how do I access the new templates?  Please switch my account now.  Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

You will see them now in the same place as before. Keep in mind that changing templates on an existing site deletes all the data. You will want to start a new website and select the template there.
Photo of John3270

John3270

Do you know if there are any templates with full page width scrolling photos?
Photo of Drew N

That is not a feature in the template. You can add image scroller via 3rd party HTML applications to any template. You want to be careful with this, especially full screen as you will get penalized by search engines. You can read a little more in the topic below.

Are carousels bad for SEO?
Photo of Anthony7493

Anthony7493

• 60 Points
Hi - I now manage this company/site and it has been updated in some time. Can I get access to the latest development tool? www.spadone-bearings.com
Thanks,

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.