Downgrade account

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I'd like to downgrade my account.  Currently Homestead hosts the website name (“domain registration”) but not the website, and I believe we are paying for both.  I'd like to keep Homestead as the host of the domain registration.  How do I go about doing this downgrade?
Photo of Kenneth6219

Kenneth6219

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 32,482 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I do see the site is hosted elsewhere. I can assist with downgrading the account to domain hosting only for $14.99 per year. This does required permanently deleting the site files that were built on the Homestead platform, is this okay? 
Photo of John6507

John6507

• 62 Points
Hi Michele, I'd also like to Downgrade my account. I'd like to keep Homestead hosting the Domain Name, but in my case, would like to take the site down temporarily. After we move I'll get the site up and running again. Can you please reach out to me and let me know how to make this happen, thanks_John
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 47,896 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

It sounds like downgrading would not be your best option in this case. In order to downgrade your account, we would have to permanently delete your website. This would not be recoverable, so you would need to rebuild your site when you are ready to restart. I would recommend either keeping your account open and simply pulling your site down by unpublishing, or close your account. This runs a risk though, if your domain expired while the account is closed, we will not send you email reminders and it will not automatically renew.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.