Don't Want to Use SitebuilderPlus

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am a very long time customer of Homestead. I have SiteBuilder installed on my computer and I manage three websites using it. I love it!. Recently I registered a new domain name. When I try logging in to SiteBuilder to create the new website for this domain, I get a message saying my new site cannot be edited with SiteBuilder, and the only option is to use SiteBuilderPlus. I am frustrated to pieces already, I do not like Plus. The website says they plan to keep SiteBuilder as an option. so why can't I use it for my new site?
Photo of Gerri4561

Gerri4561

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you started a website with SiteBuilder Plus, it won't be backwards compatible. There are some features such as the Master Templates, image editing (ability to round corners, add shadows, crop, etc), as well as some new ecommerce capabilities that the old Sitebuilder isn't capable of. If you want to start with a new template it is sometimes possible to convert the account back, and choose a template from the old gallery. If you would like to do this, let us know which account it is. The one you were logged into when you made this post is already on the desktop version.

Mike
Photo of gerriharveyart1070

gerriharveyart1070

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you, Mike. Yes, I would like to convert the account to the desktop version of SiteBuilder. I don't mind starting over. The account is lakesregionartassociation.com and I also own that account.

Gerri
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The account has been converted. When you log in and click the link to the Websites Manager page, look near the middle of the page, and you'll see a link that says "Choose a different design". It will take you to the old set of templates and launch and after choosing a template will launch the desktop version of SiteBuilder now.

Let me know If i can help again.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.