Domain will not Unlock

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I'm trying to transfer my domain out of Homestead and to iPage.  I've done the list, modifying the contact info and verifying when the verification email arrives.  I've verified that the privacy is off, and when I check the domain lock, it states unlocked, and gives me the lock button (did not click).  However, the "Email your authorization code" link specifies lock status as "unknown".  When I plug the code into iPage to start the transfer, they tell me "Domain appears to be locked."  Is there a step I missed?
Photo of Kay8699

Kay8699

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kay8699,

It is unlocked on our system, but these changes have to announce themselves across the Internet and can take some time, up to 48 hours. You can look at http://who.is. Enter your domain name. If the status says OK, then it is ready to transfer.

Drew
Photo of Kay8699

Kay8699

So, it still isn't wanting to transfer.  The Who.is information hasn't changed, and of the two "Status" lines on the page, neither say "OK".  Is this something I need to bring up with iPage instead of here?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Kay8699,

No, you should be checking with us. I am opening a case with the registrar. Everything shows it should be unlocked, except for whois. Something at the registrar is not working correctly.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The registrar confirms that the domain is unlocked and can be transferred. Have you entered the authorization code yet? If not, please do so.

Drew
Photo of Kay8699

Kay8699

iPage is still listing it as locked.  Same error message as before.  And the lock status on the email code page still lists as "Unknown".
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

What email address did you use for your iPage account. I think I know someone that can assist with this.

Drew
Photo of Kay8699

Kay8699

The email is mjflive at gmail.com  Thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok Kay8699,

I am looking into it.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.