Domain transfer Contact Information on whois is incorrect

• Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I am trying to transfer my domain, and when you go onto whois.com, the email and contact information is incorrect. Since I cannot fix this, Homestead needs to. Please fix this error quickly
Photo of warrior16120039599

warrior16120039599

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 259,004 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You control the contact information on your domain. If the domain is with Homestead, log into your Homestead account and click on the domains tab. There you will see a link to edit contact information.
Photo of warrior16120039599

warrior16120039599

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank You, you are correct,  but that didn't change the data on Whois or Whois.icann. I made a call into homestead tech support and got that changed. So hopefully this is complete.
Photo of Drew N

It takes some propagation time. Usually it updates within an hour or so, but it sometimes takes longer. Did you receive the verification email for the changes?
Photo of Robert F8186

Robert F8186

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
My physical address in WHOIS is obsolete. I long ago updated it with Homestead. I don't seem to have the correct password for WHOIS. What next?
Photo of Drew N

Which domain? As far as I can see the whois information is exactly what is shown on the one domain that doesn't have privacy on it. Go to the domains tab and under each domain there is a edit contact information link. Check the address there and update if necessary. whois should update within 48 hours.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.