Domain Transfer

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Hi, 

Please approve my domain transfer as I am moving to a different registrar. 

Thanks,
Photo of Steven7966

Steven7966

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 37,392 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

To transfer a domain, please complete these steps, unlocking the domain, disabling privacy and sending the authorization code. Once you receive the code present it to the new hosting company and they will communicate with the registrar to complete the transfer. The full process can take 5-7 business days. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_transfer_my_domain_to_another_host
Photo of Steven7966

Steven7966

HI, this is done and we just need your team to approve the transfer. 

Thanks,
Photo of Steven7966

Steven7966

We would appreciate swiftness on this item. 

Thanks,
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Perfect, this action can take up to 24 hours after providing the authorization code to the new host. Unfortunately, I do not have a way to expedite this but keep an eye out for the confirmation email. 
Photo of Steven7966

Steven7966

ok thank you!
Photo of Steven7966

Steven7966

Hi, it's been almost 24 hours and my domain still hasn't transfered. Can you give me a status update from your side?

Thanks,
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

From a who is test it does shows the domain is in the transfer process. We will need to be patient and allow the 2 registrars to communicate and complete the process. 

Photo of Steven7966

Steven7966

This says they are waiting for approval from your team ... anyway to speed this up? its been over 24hrs

thanks,
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Unfortunately, I do not have any way to expedite this process. It can take 5-7 days to complete.