Domain registration failed and cant get in contact with homestead

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

A few weeks ago I tried to register a domain, it failed, possibly to do with a zip code error as Im not from USA and cant provide a zip code, anyway, anytime I try to contact support the silly pop up window wont load, I don't want to ring them as im from overseas and don't fancy payng a forture to be put on hold all morning,

can anyone help, just a simple and silly problem and I cant even contact them

thanks

Phil

please see attached screenshot of what ive been seeing for weeks, the contact window wont load, ive got a superfast internet and computer so neither of those things are the problem

Photo of Philip2669

Philip2669

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Les6064

Les6064

• 8,810 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I will try to help you. Wherever you live your address includes a zip code or post code. Send an e-mail to Homestead with your full address and the domain name that you want to register and that should be sufficient.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Philip2669

You are welcome to ask questions here. We will answer them.

Every domain needs to have a postal code that is valid. I am having a problem getting yours. I have tried BT70 and BT71, but they do not work. Are you able to contact your local post office and ask them? I am checking with our registrar as well.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I got this to register. It might take some propagation time
Photo of Philip2669

Philip2669

wow, that's all I needed, thank you so much Drew & Les, I received the 'verify contact details' email and have clicked the link and verified contact details, the domain is still not working but as you say that should be down to propagation time, thanks again Drew, could you tell me what I enter into the zip code area in future? Ive heard non USA residents have got around this problem by entering in the zip code for Homestead headquarters

thanks

Phil

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome. You will have a hard time fudging the post code as they can check. Your codes do not match ours in digits or structure so that would not likely work. You correct code is BT701NN for future domains
Photo of Philip2669

Philip2669

Hi Drew, would you have any idea when this domain will be working? thanks
www.forgeni.com 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

In cases where it fails, it sometimes takes up to 48 hours. This will be mid afternoon today. Hopefully it will be earlier.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.