Domain Pointing Issue

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have a Godaddy domain pointed at one of my sites on Homestead and I'ld like to point new domain registered with Google to that site. When I add the new domain, the dropdown to select which site I want to point the domain to doesn't work and only gives me one option (which isn't the site I want to point at). Any idea what is going on?
Photo of Kyle0763

Kyle0763

• 364 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 25,170 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

If you are attempting to connect it to a WebsiteBuilder website that already has a domain attach to it it wont appear. To attach multiple domains to a WB site first connect the 2nd domain to any sitebuilder plus site (site that has a .homestead.com extension). Then from domains set up a sub domain point to other url and point it to the domain that is connected to the site. 
Photo of Kyle0763

Kyle0763

I want to delete the original association, but I can't seem to delete it. Ultimately, I want to use the new domain and not the one currently associated. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I can help remove the current one. What is the domain? 
Photo of Maria5631

Maria5631

• 1,664 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michelle, I have the same issue.  Will the change delete the site I'm currently working on.

The domain www.helpprotectourheros.com is currently pointing to the website helpprotectourheros.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Maria,

Removing a domain name will not delete the website. However, you cannot delete a domain attached to a site so I will need to assist. Are you wanting to remove helpprotectourheros.com from the account? 
Photo of Kyle0763

Kyle0763

I need to remove sustainableconstruction.co removed. I'm trying to point susconsol.com at that site
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Kyle, I have removed the domain from the account. 
Photo of Maria5631

Maria5631

• 1,664 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michelle, its working now :) ty
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Perfect, you're welcome. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.