DOMAIN POINTING

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

When I buy a domain it ass ociates it to another website. I do not want it to transfer to another website if I bought a domain I want it to be just the domain. How can I stop that. I bought Kalkancapital.org but it is pointing it to bcsbriarwood.homestead.com I want it to stay as kalkancapital.org. Can someone help me? Is there a chat I can speak to?
Photo of Elif7543

Elif7543

• 70 Points

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Tyler E

Tyler E, Employee

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can assist you with this. 

When you purchased the new domain it associated with the site on your account, currently there is only one.  To change this and have your new domain point to it's own site, log in to your homestead account.  Then click on the Websites Manager tab.  On the top of that page that comes up is a link for 'Add New Website'.  Click this.  This will let you create a new website.  Once that is done, you'll click on the Domains tab.  Scroll down until you find your new domain, kalkancapital.org and click 'Change Site Association'.  On the page that comes up, use the drop down box to find the new site you just created.  Choose that and select save.  It will take some propagation time for it to show fully switched on the web, but your new domain will no longer point to your main site.

I hope that this helps.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.