domain name transfer

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Is there an employee that can help me today? I have had problems with getting the settings correct to transfer a domain name I own to homestead, resulting in an unsuccessful transfer. I have all the settings set up correctly now. But when I try to start a transfer again from Homestead, I get "This domain is already associated with a website account." The last employee (via Chat Live and email yesterday) said the unsuccessful transfer was cleared out. Is there anyone available today who can clear that out so I can get back to a new transfer screen and process?
Photo of tworks7182377

tworks7182377

• 762 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Les6064

Les6064

• 8,750 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If I can help, Monday  Dec. 28th is when someone is available to help you. Everyone has gone
home for Christmas.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Actually, I am here today and tomorrow. You can start it again now.
Photo of tworks7182377

tworks7182377

You are awesome!!! Thank you so much Drew! I was able to start a new transfer request, received the verification email and submitted the auth code -  all appeared to work just fine. Hopefully it will now just complete the transfer normally. You rock!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Once you enter the auth code, by law they have 5 days to release the domain, however, most registrars will send a follow up email asking if you really want to or not. Normally this email allows you to approve it immediately, but they don't have to send it. So keep a watch for that at the same email address.
Photo of tworks7182377

tworks7182377

Will do. Thanks for further info.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.