DOMAIN NAME EXPIRATION DATE

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive conversation

I believe annually WHOIS DATA requests an update for the data regarding one's domain name. On mine WHOIS DATA lists a "Registrar Registration Expiration Date of 2019-10-20".  This expiration date is not referring to my website's domain name is it? Because I have site builder plus, which includes my domain name as part of its package. So my domain name is free, which means my domain name ought not have any expiration date. Can someone please inform me as to whether or not this expiration date is referring to my domain name?
Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

• 890 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Les6064

Les6064

• 8,740 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Elana:

If your domain registration is through Homestead it will be renewed automatically the date 2019-10-20
is the date it should be renewed. But to give you peace of mind contact 1-800-710-1998 on Monday to confirm the renewal date.
Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

Hi Les

Thank you so much for your reply.  It was very helpful.  

Also I very much appreciated you reaching out to me and so promptly.

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Elana,

There is no need to call to confirm this. I can very easily give you that information. Your domain will always have an expiration date. You are correct that yours is 2019-10-20. As long as your account is active and current at this time, then Les is correct, your domain will renew automatically with no action necessary on your end.
Photo of Elana2826

Elana2826

Hi Elyzabeth

So nice of you to reach out to me again!

Thank you for your kind concern.

I very much appreciate all of the additional information.  It was very helpful.

I did not call to confirm Les because I believe him and since I believe you.  Just as you said, before you gave me your additional information that my domain name will always have an expiration date, I noticed in my own records that three years ago WHOISDATA requested an update for the data regarding my domain name and there was listed for the Registrar Registration an Expiration Date of 2016-10-20". 

(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.