domain from godaddy does not work

• Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

This is my third time requesting help with this issue. Elyzabeth is not good at providing help.
She does not answer all questions.

I had a problem with getting one of the domains named preferredbookkeeper.com loading but after changing the original site name to adding a number 1 at the end it worked as a user and Elyzabeth instructed however, under my available domains I only see preferredbookkeeper.com and preferredbookkeeper.net so I'm missing preferredbookkeepingsolutions.com
All the name servers on godaddy were setup the same as for preferredbookkeeper.com.
Under get a new domain preferredbookkeepingsolutions.com says it is already associated with a website account however I don't see and it doesn't point to anything but a fault page from homestead.
Photo of Stavros7880

Stavros7880

• 546 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 45,038 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What question did you have that was not answered? I just looked back at your previous question and could not find one.

I can see that since the last time we spoke, you have changed the pointing for preferredbookkeeper.net. It is now pointing incorrectly, because you are pointing it to the site name, not the domain name like I had set it. I am going to change it back, so it will start working. Unless you want it to stop working again, I recommend not changing it.

preferredbookkeepingsolutions.com has never existed on this account. It is giving you that error because someone used to have an account with that domain name associated, but it has been closed for years, so I have removed it. You should be able to add that domain now.
(Edited)
Photo of Stavros7880

Stavros7880

Now you finally answer all questions. Never addressed the preferredbookkeepingsolutions question before.
Preferredbookkeeper.net is still not working. Neither is preferredbookkeepingsolutions.com
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,948 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I've corrected the pointing for preferredbookkeeper.net today, so you'll need to give it 24 hours to propagate.

I can see that you have added preferredbookkeepingsolutions.com to your account, but again you've added a second domain to the Website Builder site, which as I mentioned before, won't work. That domain will also need to be moved to the Sitebuilder site and pointed to the preferredbookkeeper.com domain. I'll do this for you, and I will ask that you do not try to change it after I am done or it will not work.

In your last post, I did tell you that preferredbookkeepingsolutions.com does not exist on this account. I am sorry if you didn't see that part of my answer.
Photo of Stavros7880

Stavros7880

No I won't make any changes. The site is built I just need it to work with all three domains.
Thanks and sorry for missing your reply and complaining about something that wasn't an issue.
Photo of R.

R.

• 2,546 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yes, please try to be polite. Elyzabeth does a great job and your comments were inappropriate and rude.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I'm glad we were able to get everything resolved.
Photo of Stavros7880

Stavros7880

Well still preferredbookkeepingsolutions.com is not working
R.9229 this has nothing to do with you so keep to yourself
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hmm, that might be caching on your end. When I go to preferredbookkeepingsolutions.com, it redirects me to preferredbookkeeper.com and is working perfectly.
Maybe try clearing your cache, or try another browser?
(Edited)
Photo of Stavros7880

Stavros7880

I did as you said and you're right again.  Another apology for not thinking to do that before.  I'm good and I have no more questions.  Thank you and take care.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Glad it is working, take care.
Photo of R.

R.

Stavros7880: I'm included on this thread, so I receive your comments in my mailbox. There are others who read your words too, I'm sure, so don't think you can say anything you want without feedback or repercussions. If you want to be rude, please do so privately.
Photo of R.

R.

Stavros7880: Also, if you go to the Homestead Community home page (https://community.homestead.com/homestead) your comment appears as follows:

"domain from godaddy does not work

This is my third time requesting help with this issue. Elyzabeth is not good at providing help.She does not answer all questions.I had a ...

Stavros7880, 2 days ago"

So you yourself announced to the entire community that "Elyzabeth is not good at providing help." Do you honestly think that's appropriate?

Please consider that you might be hurting someone's feelings by making such comments. Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.