Domain Forwarding

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I have a domain name purchased through Homestead, that I need to have forwarded to my site hosted by Zoho. I followed the Zoho instructions regarding deleting the Arecord IP address, and adding the CNAME. I just can't figure out how to forward psagrounds.com to www.psagrounds.com. I keep getting a DNS server error. Can you help?
Photo of Tom5314

Tom5314

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 256,986 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Changing the A and CNAME records is called pointing. Forwarding is different. It is a Can you post the instructions Zoho gave you so I can take a look at them?
Photo of Tom5314

Tom5314

Sure!! Here are the instructions that Zoho sent. I fixed the first portion. It is the portion that starts at "Then, login to your domain manager, ....."   Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

With regards to your psagrounds.com site, login to your site builder and set www.psagrounds.com as the primary domain of this site. Then, login to your domain manager, delete the A Record IP address 74.201.154.208, and using the domain forwarding option, forward the root domain psagrounds.com to www.psagrounds.com (with the www).
Photo of Drew N

Yes, these are instructions to forward the domain. Homestead doesn't offer forwarding, as it is not favored by search engines and can cause ranking problems. Can you see if they have DNS pointing instructions. That will be better for you, and something I can help you with if you have trouble.
Photo of Tom5314

Tom5314

Oh my gosh. Thank you SO much! I will email them and find out. I really appreciate your help! ~Krystal ~ 
Photo of Drew N

You're very welcome

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.