Domain forward

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Hi Michelle,
I know that I should be able to do this myself, but I cant seem to get it sorted. Can you help me?
Can you forward Marketsquareheroes.net to Paulrobinspromotions.com? I assume that when people type marketsquareheroes.net it will just forward without any knowledge or inconvenience to them?

Thank you so much. Im sorry to be a pain.

Regards
Paul Robins
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

• 914 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • a bit stupid, but thankful for the support

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 28,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

No problem, I can help out with pointing Marketsquareheroes.net to paulrobinspromotions.com. I have set this up, please allow some time for this to show. 
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

Thank you Michelle. Nothing there yet, but Incredible service. as always, from yourself. 
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are welcome. I see it forwarding already on my end, it may take a little more time on yours. 
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

Im seeing the forwarding, but paulrobinspromotions is not secure. Am I still waiting on this?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I have provisioned the SSL, it will begin to automatically load secured shortly at https://www.paulrobinspromotions.com/.
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

See, this is why you offer some of the best customer service in the world. Thank you.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Thank you so much! Glad to help. :)
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

Hi.....I have been told by my team, to reset marketsquareheroes.net to its original state. I think I have done this, but can you just check its back to secure again.

I'm really sorry to ask this again. 

Regards
Paul.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 46,374 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No worries. I will re-provision the SSL for both domains. Please give some time for it to propagate.
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

Thank you.Again, I am really sorry.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 46,374 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No problem! They are both showing as secure on my end. Are they showing secure for you?
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

Yes they are. Thank you :)
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

Is it possible to take a copy of the domain that points to marketsquareheroes.net and point it to a secure paulrobinspromotions.com? I want to eventually end up with my original intent. It means I can work on paulrobinspromotions while having marketsquareheroes active.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello,

Yes, I can point marketsquareheroes.net to paulrobinspromotions.com and have it show secured. While marketsquareheroes.net is pointing to paulrobinspromotions.com, you can still edit the content for marketsquareheroes.net under the site name prpromos.homesteadcloud.com from the drop down list in websites manager. 
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

But would this not change paulrobinspromotions.com each time I updated marketsquareheroesnet? Im just thinking that I have some work to do on paulrobinspromotions.com before it goes live and this would give me a starting place without having to remake it.. A snapshot of now so to say.

It all sounds like I am being complicated. Sorry Elyzabeth.
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

There is obviously some confusion here. Sorry. I dont want to point marketsquareheroes.net to paulrobinspromotions.com. I just wanted to take a copy of prpromos and point that to paulrobinspromotions.com. Thus working on 2 websites with today as a starting point. Is this possible?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Correct, currently you will have 2 separate sites. One that is connected to paulrobinspromotions.com with marketsquareheroes.net pointing to it and one that is under prpromos.homesteadcloud.com. You can edit these independently without the changes affect each other. However, I don't think this is what you wanted so I can point marketsquareheroes.net back to the original site if you would like.

Unfortunately, if you are looking to copy prpromos and connect it to a domain, we do not have the option to do so, it will need to be recreated and built with the same content on a new site
Photo of Paul Robins

Paul Robins

Yes please point it back and make it secure. Sorry for the confusion, but at least it answers my question.
Thanks Elyzabeth. Have a great night.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No worries. I have pointed it back. You are welcome. :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.