Does Anyone have information about PhotoSwipe?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Is anyone familiar with PhotoSwipe? And is it used by BC on our Mobile Websites?
Photo of S

S

• 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I have never heard of PhotoSwipe before but I have inquired with BC so I'll let you know when I hear back.

Mike
Photo of S

S

TY -

Suddenly in my tracking/statics log, I see a 'photoswipe' ext on URL's when viewing on mobile devices - it also seems to have a series of numbers that often implies some type of tracking (similar to what is seen in an 'AddThis' configuration for tracking.)

http://photoswipe.com/

Look forward to hearing what you have learned (if this is installed or am I looking for another website that has my images in their gallery).

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Can you send me one of the URL's?  Our contact at BC was not aware of any relationship but if we can show them a URL, that will give us something to track down.

Mike
Photo of S

S

Next time it appears, I will let you know.

TY
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Ok.. Thanks!
Photo of S

S

Hey Mike -

I sent an e-mail with a few links just so you all can see the structure....lol... in the process of looking for a file to attached to the e-mail, PhotoSwipe came up in my docs several times. It does appear to be part of the Mobile Website which I downloaded earlier this month - although admittedly, I have not been able to find any specific file in the Mobile Files.

When I first saw this, I did check BC Help and never found anything written about PhotoSwipe so I was very surprised to see it appear today.

Would love to know a bit about the software if you learn anything from BC.

Thanks
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Got it... and looking into it already. Will keep you posted.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

BC took a look at those links and again confirmed that they don't have any affiliation with PhotoSwipe.  There is nothing in their system or html code of the site that would be generating that url.  Unless.....you've had someone else to custom work on your site that is using them.  Or, they said it's possible that there's a web browser addon on your web browser that is creating that url.

Mike
Photo of S

S

First of all, I have not had anyone do any custom work on either the desktop or mobile version of this website.

I downloaded the mobile template (with much reservation) only to REMOVE social links that BC had to THEIR pages/accounts etc.

With respect to browsers, I am open to understand what you might mean by that. Aside from first seeing the link extension in my statics (which is only a mirror image of what someone else is experiencing - I suspect it is not a browser extension on my computer.

So with further exploration, I have discovered it has something to do with viewing larger images on mobile devices (you might want to try that).

PhotoSwipe (as you saw it in the URL's sent) are from mobile devices only. Below is a snip of the downloaded mobile files from BC (on 6/6/14). So if BC does not have a 'relationship' with PhotoSwipe, are you implying the system has been compromised?

I would very much like to know a bit more about this service (i.e. is it some type of gallery where my images are located and possibly accessible like Twitter images or photo bucket or anything else that is similar (the extension number as mentioned makes me concerned about an Account ID or tracking.)

Photo of S

S

Just a note - you need to view images through your mobile device not desktop (win 7)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I've been notified that BC's newer versions of mobile are using Photoswipes tookit to display image zooming on mobile devices. The rep I contacted was not aware that that change was deployed.

So... apparently they do have a relationship.
Photo of S

S

OK then...can someone share a little insight as asked above i.e. are these images stored someplace? accessible publicly?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The images are only stored in the BC system. The Photoswipe toolkit is actually just a feature that provides the zoom capabilities for when being viewed on a mobile device.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.