Does the cloud.com drop off your domain after you publish your site?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I've chosen the domain "holyfaceadoration.com". It shows up on my site-builder pages as "holyfaceadoration.homesteadcloud.com".  Does the "homesteadcloud.com" drop off your domain after you publish your site? I don't want that tacked onto the domain name that I've chosen once it hits the web. Thanks for any help!
Photo of Vicki

Vicki

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,260 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
YES.
Photo of Vicki

Vicki

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,768 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
That is correct once you attach a domain and publish the site, it will override the .homesteadcloud extension. 
Photo of edilgen34

edilgen34

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can the domain I attach be purchased from another seller, e.g. Godaddy?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,768 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yes, you are able to connect a domain registered from another host. You will just need to add the domain as a pointed domain to connect it. Here's some instructions. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_point_my_domain_to_homestead_using_nameservers.

If you use email services with that domain you will need to add the mx records to the DNS settings after changing the name servers. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.