Do you still have questions on the Email Platform Upgrade?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

If you've read the FAQ regarding the Email Platform Upgrade, but still have questions, please ask here.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,438 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Alana9673

Alana9673

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Our emails are spewing out vacation messages and the instructions you provided to set up our email accounts with Outlook 2007 are not working. I have been on "hold" for over a half hour at this point, still no response!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: auto reply
Photo of Marsha1835

Marsha1835

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same problem. Anybody who emails me gets the auto reply from 3 months ago that I am on vacation.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This page shows you how to turn it on or off. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Lori7373

Lori7373

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Visit Control Panel to upgrade your Open-Xchange....???

I'm unable to add attachments to the calendar, etc...How do I upgrade "Open-Xchange"?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, I wish they would remove that link as there are not upgrades currently available. I apologize for the confusion.

Mike
Photo of Michelle9883

Michelle9883

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Where are my Folders?!

I was told they would transfer over but are no where to be found.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: missing folders
Photo of Lori7373

Lori7373

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
why can't I print the weekly calendar? Everytime I try to print it brings up some 86 page document from homestead instead of the one page calendar that I see on my screen.

when i try to review the screen it doesn't show me what I am printing.

now it won't let me print at all. The print que is blank.....WHAT THE HECK IS THIS NEW PLATFORM DOING TO MY COMPUTER AND PRINTER....

I HATE THIS. For 3 hours, all I wanted to do is pull up my calendar, print the screen and call my customers that are on the calendar for next week.....I STILL HAVE NO LIST.....AND I AM TICKED. YOU GUYS BETTER GET THIS FIGURED OUT FAST. I have a fast paced business that relies on our HOMESTEAD E-MAIL PROGRAM.....
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Lori7373,

The new email system has not changed anything on your Computer or Printer.
I would really need to see live, or have you provide us specific steps on how you are trying to print the page. I'm not sure what the 86 page document you are referring to is. It sounds like there could be a setting in the web browser causing this issue. Have you tried to switch to Chrome, or Firefox etc. ?

Mike
Photo of Jessica5684

Jessica5684

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am also getting vacation reply messages and while it's lovely that you created a new thread for the question above, what we need is a direct response to the issue. What is the direct email for tech support on this issue?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

When we move a post into a new thread, it is so that it can be merged into a topic where the question has already been answered. The link you are referring to above will lead you to this thread: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Sorry but we do not have an email address for tech support. For many reasons, security, compliance, quality tracking, we have 3 forms of official support. Live Telephone, Live Chat, and here on the Community.

If you are unable to find answers to your questions you are welcome to create a new post and we'll be happy to help you.

Mike
Photo of tiffanie9777

tiffanie9777

• 70 Points
I have had nothing but trouble accessing my emails from my iphone since the new email server has gone in. For two weeks it has been nothing but trouble. I am getting frustrated that you guys keep changing the server system. I a trying to run a business and cant access my email from my phone.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

What type of phone? Also, what type of error or problem are you having. There are instructions the most popular phones and email clients here on the Community.
Photo of Lynne2551

Lynne2551

• 442 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Where can I find the auto-reply options?
An old auto-reply is going out to my clients...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Here are the instructions to turn on/off the auto-responder https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Dustin6076

Dustin6076

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having problems accessing and sending my mail after the upgrade. I have checked IMAP and SMTP server and port settings. The problems appear on Outlook 2007 and my Ipad. Sometimes mail comes in and goes out, other times it doesn't. And mail that I have already viewed once on my Outlook or Ipad does not load when trying to view them again later.

Even when I can get messages on Outlook and Ipad, I have noticed a dramatically increased load time over the prior system. I have had the most success accesing mail directly from the web portal, but this is cumbersome esp. on my Ipad.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Dustin6076, What you are explaining could be caused by several things. First, if you are checking your email from multiple devices or computers, you'll want to make sure they are all configured as IMAP.

Next, you mention that you are using an IPAD. For some reason Apple does things a little different than others and when configuring IMAP accounts, you actually have to tell the email app which folders to use. Follow the steps here:

Can't delete emails on Ipad/Iphone: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Sent emails not showing in sent folder: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Lisa4283

Lisa4283

• 60 Points
How do you know what folders to subscribe to and unsubscribe from? My email is slow to send/receive, says it is synchronizing folders.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It depends on your email program. If you are configuring IMAP accounts, it is almost always automatic. If you are using any apple devices, take a look at the links above in my reply to Dustin6076.
Photo of Sandra2663

Sandra2663

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, please...

Why aren't my email contacts popping up automatically when I type in receiver's name? How can I fix this? It's quite frustrasting having to go back and search for email addresses that I frequently respond to. Also, I'm still having problems with graphics not coming through emails (even though html and plain text setting is selected). Additionally, my folders also keep disappearing every time I switch screens, and then for some reason the system is finicky about when and where I can click to repopulate them.

All of the above comes after I spent an entire day addressing the same old automatic response issue it seems everyone's facing, which, by the way, was quite embarrassing considering the response indicated to our clients that our office was closed until mid July. And then there's the weird formatting where my sentences are chopped off halfway through each second line in my sent folders. I'm honestly afraid to confirm that they're actually going through to our clients in the same format. All very frustrating and embarrassing!

I am wondering...if I have my emails forwarded to another email system, will I be able to take advantage of their features while managing my homestead emails through them? I'm thinking that it would save me a whole lot of time and frustration if so. At least until all these kinks get worked out.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If your email addresses are not auto-filling when you type someone's name, then that means there is no data in the "display name:" field. It can easily be fixed by following the steps here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of tiffanie9777

tiffanie9777

• 70 Points
This did not help me at all and no one from homestead replied back. I will on the search for a new website and email carrier.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

see my reply above
Photo of Barbara6609

Barbara6609

• 1,052 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I set up my email acct in Zimbra Desktop as an imap and the emails are coming through but not the contacts or calendar. I set it up in Outlook 10 and the calendar and contacts are not coming through. What should I do?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You will no longer be able to use the Zimbra desktop as we have converted to a new email platform.
Photo of Carol6062

Carol6062

Do you work with Outlook 2011?
Photo of Carol6062

Carol6062

And it's Outlook for MAC...does that make a difference?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 259,680 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes, the settings are the same as Outlook 2010 for Windows, though the labels might be somewhat different on the Mac.

Find the settings here.

If you need further assistance, please ask and we will see if we can find the answer.

Drew
Photo of Carol6062

Carol6062

I'm getting an error message that says "IMAP service is rejecting the password". I've checked it three times and it's the same password that I use to login to my account. Should I change my password and try it again?

I still can't get my iPhone set up either. It doesn't follow the steps the same as you're instructions so I'm completely lost.

Hoping you can help!

Thanks,
Carol
Photo of Drew N

I would update the password, just so you know it isn't an issue.

Use these settings for your iphone.

What is the other program you are trying to configure?

Drew
Photo of Carol6062

Carol6062

Outlook 2011 for mac
Photo of Carol6062

Carol6062

Drew, I changed my password and tried both iPhone and Outlook again and they both said user name or password for imap.homestead.com is incorrect. Don't know where to go from here...HELP!!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Change your email password and then test again. Here are the steps https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Also double check that you entered the email address in the username field correctly. It should be the full email address.
Photo of Barbara6609

Barbara6609

Will the calendar and contacts ever transfer through to Outlook? The emails come through but that's all.
Photo of Drew N

That is how Outlook works. It maintains it's own list.

Drew
Photo of Barbara6609

Barbara6609

I used to use Zimbra and I initially tried updating it but the calendar and contacts didn't come through on that either. Is there any desktop program that it will work with?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You'll have to manually add them. Outlook has it's own set of data files where the information will be stored.
Photo of snyder4154

snyder4154

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I keep getting thrown off. Error messages. Sometimes my password words. Sometimes it doesn't. Completely unpredictable and unreliable.
Photo of Drew N

We are investigating some accounts that are reporting this.

Drew
Photo of snyder4154

snyder4154

See additional comments below re email issues. Still awaiting response.
Photo of JC

JC

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The same is happening to me. I feel the upgrade has really derailed my business. Sometimes I get emails and sometimes I do not. Very disappointing.
Photo of JC

JC

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Additionally what eigbox? Something is prompting me to approve this certificate..
Photo of Drew N

Do you know if the people sending you the messages are receiving a bounce back message? If so, can you get a copy of it for us?

eigbox is just a server name for mail.

Drew
Photo of David7439

David7439

I have 3 devices with my email on them and now I have to go to each one to delete emails is this normal. Also is there spell check for sending emails. I am thinking I need to find a new provider.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It depends on how you have them configured. If you check your email on multiple devices, then it's usually best to use the IMAP configuration. Every email client is a little different and some of them have a setting to "leave a copy on the server" (usually POP accounts) which means it will stay on the server and download onto other devices.
Photo of Branislav0808

Branislav0808

• 60 Points
Hi there,

I would like to export all my e-mails for back up, and I don't know how to do it. Also, in the previous version, there was an option of sending a copy of e-mail to a different e-mail account, which I can not activate now.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

How to save an E-Mail:

Select an E-Mail in the H Split, V Split or List view.

Click on Save in the Edit panel tab. If using the compact panel, click the panel icon Save.

Depending on the browser you might be asked whether you want to open or save the file. Select Save.

Select a location. Enter a file name.

Click on Save.

Result: The E-Mail is saved as text file with the ending .eml.

Tip: You can also use the context menu to save E-Mails.

Tip: You can save several E-Mails in one zip archive. To do so select in step 1 several E-Mails while holding down the <shift> key or the <cmd> key on Mac.

To set up an auto-forwarding address, follow the steps here https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of snyder4154

snyder4154

New email platform does not support HTML. Here is what I have to do to see email: right click attachment to Open. Wait for download. Click the attachment again. Click Keep. Click it again. I don't have time or patience for this.
Photo of Drew N

It does support HTML, but it is not enabled by default. Go to the settings and email preferences. On the Compose and Display tabs set HTML on.

Drew
Photo of snyder4154

snyder4154

Formatting of messages lost- specifically notifications from LinkedIn.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: view HTML email format
Photo of snyder4154

snyder4154

No way to mark message as spam. I've been moving to spam folder-- does this block them in the future?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I am looking into this for you right now. I'm not sure if moving it to the Spam folder flags future emails or not. I'll let you know what I find out.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I did hear back from our email admins, and at this time, there is not a way to flag the messages as spam. Once they get all of the email accounts migrated and resolve some of the stability issues (such as the short time-outs) , then they will pursue some of the other features. Sorry, but I do not have any firm ETA for this.

Mike
Photo of snyder4154

snyder4154

An error occurred. (USR-0015, -535835775-873212)
01/27/14 3:25 p.m.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

That error is related to a problem causing short time-outs. Our email admins are researching the cause of this but we do not have an ETA yet. As a suggestion, can you try a different browser, and/or clear cookies and see if it makes a difference.

Mike
Photo of snyder4154

snyder4154

All the email is coming in as HTML-- no formatting. Settings offer no option for change
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: view HTML email format
Photo of Kelly1692

Kelly1692

This new upgrade is awful. What was wrong with the email that it had to be "upgraded"?? Anyway, I use Outlook 2007 and have my settings configured per the instructions. Now I have all new folders which I thought were supposed to "synchronize" but maybe that word means "create new folders". My default folder is still my old inbox so first, how do I change that so I see new emails when I open Outlook? Second, when I delete my emails in my new inbox, why does it just strike through them and not move them to the "trash" folder? I don't even see the Rules wizard where I thought I could change that.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Outlook Strikethrough
Photo of Deborah6520

Deborah6520

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have outlook 2007 and did the configuration for pop after the Imap caused problems. Still having problems. The send and receive hangs up on the last e-mail and won't display e-mails unless we shut and reboot the computer. only then does the e-mail show up. We are also receiving multiple copies of the same e-mail. How do we fix this?
Photo of Drew N

Do you receive a send/receive error from Outlook, when it hangs up?

The multiple copies, I have found on Google to be a long time issue with Outlook. I used to experience it on several different versions. I can't say for sure they fixed it, but I have not seen it as often in 2010 and 2013. It apparently has to do with leaving a copy of the message on the server. Did you configure it that way?

Drew
Photo of Deborah6520

Deborah6520

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Do not receive an error it just hang up saying it is receiving. If we leave it alone it will stay that way (we have actually left it for up to an hour. It stays at the same kb and just says it is receiving. No new mail can come through.
I can't figure out how to configure the server, it is certainly not user friendly. No e-mails are being left there I checked.
Photo of Drew N

Is it always the same message that hangs up?

Drew
Photo of Robyn4970

Robyn4970

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Once again, epic fail! Nice job folks! Imap and pop servers appear to not be working. Yes, I followed your instructions to a T! I can't take much more of this! I NEED to access mail from mobile devices and it's not working!!! Enough already! Get this crap fixed! Iphone and Ipad devices used.
Photo of Drew N

What are you seeing that isn't working? Do you get an error message?

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.