Do you offer a member login option?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I would like to add a members login to a website. Has anyone found one of the online login services that work?
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,406 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,406 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi,

One of the better 3rd party sites that offers member login is http://www.authpro.com. Once you create an account with them they will give you html code to add to your website. Here is thread to help add html to your website.

Hope that helps!

Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.
Photo of Internet skola2528

Internet skola2528

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
resHello! I want to create a restricted page ( page that users will be able to access only with username and password). Is it tricted page.

Hello! I want to create a restricted page ( page that users will be able to access only with username and password). Is it possible, and if it is how can I do it? Thanks in advance!
Photo of John2990

John2990

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do I add a members-only access area or page to my website? (Login).

Just wondering how I can go about adding members-only
content to my site.
how can I make it so that my client's have to enter a login and password to accsess certain pages?.

I would like only some of my elligable client's to be able to access certain pages. how can we assign them a login(e-mail) and password?
Photo of captainsork3393

captainsork3393

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The Page Password method does not work for navigation within a group of member-content pages.

PASSWORD PAGE method does not work.
Unlike dozens of other users in this community, I know the page-password instructions and follow them. They don't work in the following. My index page "A" is public and not PW protected. On A, I have a "Member Content" button that links to page B, which is PW protected and that works fine. I have page links on B, and C and D etc, that allow navigation among B and C and D etc without a PW. At lease in theory. It doesn't work. No matter HOW is set up C and D etc, a member is challenged for a PW on every page move, Each of C and D etc are set to have no PW and I've set each to apply only to that page. Yes, I DO know the process and I have tried every combination but it doesn't work. I want my members to sign in ONCE to Member Content (B) and then be able to navigate all the other pages (other than index). Try this and you will see. I think it's a bug, or an unpublished method. Please help if you have succeeded in constructing even a three-page site that makes this work. Thanks
Photo of captainsork3393

captainsork3393

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
So the simple answer is "No" the Intuit page creation tool does not work as advertised.
Photo of rapiddealsbcs0260

rapiddealsbcs0260

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Need help with membership/subscription for website.

I want to create a membership or subscription service for my website. Basically people will need to "login" to receive full content. The only reason for membership is identification services. I want someone to be able to select something that they want by clicking a "get now!" button (I need to know who clicks it so they can receive the email, there is no purchase or anything required). Does anyone know an easy, more importantly AFFORDABLE way to do this? Thanks!
Photo of CADJ

CADJ

• 1,386 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Hi I am a homestead customer. I need help in finding a way to place a log in box on one of my pages to get going on a new venture. Please help!
Photo of Deborah4031

Deborah4031

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
can I assign individuals different passwords for the same page.

I want to password protect a portion of my website but give different users a different password for the same portion of the site. is this possible?
Photo of anita2398

anita2398

Register and Sign up (Become a member).

I'd like to know if there is anything that exist that would allow someone to sign up and create an account on my website. It is not a storefront. But I would like to create user accounts, and password protect some of the information on the site
Photo of Helene0480

Helene0480

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Maybe, on each of the ancillary pages, in the Page Properties box, you have to see whether there is a password [********] required. If you see one, try deleting it. Good luck!
Photo of Stephen6050

Stephen6050

member login.

I wanted to show unique content which is relevant to a unique member, for example a copy of their scores to a test. Is it possible to use a membership login for this? Is this even possible? Thanks if anyone knows anything that might help. Steve
Photo of Helene0480

Helene0480

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Assuming that our current Homestead setups don't offer Login, I think you can somewhat *trick* the system (for a unique content need) by setting up a "members" page, which is a list of your "members," on which each "member" will have a user name that had been set up privately in an e-mail message. Or there can simply be User 1, User 2, User 3, and so on. OK; now set up a page for that User alone, which can be accessed via a link which has a password for that User. Then that User will have a page or set of pages which are private.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It sounds like you may want to just turn off the Master Template on the page you are working on click the links below for any page you want to permanently turn off the Master template.

Photo of Laura2606

Laura2606

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can I set up registration on my website?.

I'd like to have a section of my website for people who have registered. In this way, I can capture email address and names, and offer some content that is exclusive to people who "join the club" Thanks for any help!
Photo of RyanP

RyanP

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Website access restricted by sign up form.

I want to have a sign up form on my home page, but have all other pages locked to where the user can't get past the home page until they have sign up for my newsletter. I know how to create the form, but how do I accomplish this?
Photo of Al1339

Al1339

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
How do I add log in credential so my published website can only be accessed with a username and password?.

I want certain pages of my published website to only be accessible to clients who have registered with me to get a username and password. How do I add this element to my website?
Photo of Al1339

Al1339

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is authpro.com a legitimate and compatible third party website for creating protected pages in Homestead?.

Want to put login credentials on my website. Is authpro.com the way to go? Can I accomplish within Homestead without using third party software?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Al1339,

You'll have to use a 3rd party application. We currently do not offer such functionality.
Photo of Aihuu3819

Aihuu3819

how to create a sign-in page?.

I want to create a sign-in page so if somebody after registered with username, password, they can sign in
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, but we do not offer such an option. You may want to consider Authpro as explained above.

Mike
Photo of Dianamarie9257

Dianamarie9257

• 424 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
How do I add a "log in and my account" to my website for customers.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Authpro works for many people but if you have some other need that this does not address, please explain and we'll try to point you in the right direction.

Mike
Photo of Victor4384

Victor4384

• 1,282 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
How do I create a login and password button?.

How do I create a login and password button?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Victor4384,

The SiteBuilder does not have this capability. This sort of functionality requires a back-end system that manages the usernames and passwords.  You might try Authpro as mentioned above or search Google as there are multiple 3rd party applications for this.
Photo of Victor4384

Victor4384

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the tip!  I'll go check it out.  I found this link pretty helpful http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19172596/how-do-i-create-a-register-login-php-file-for-my-website  but it was just a starting point into learning php, and I don't know if I want to spend the time yet again learning a new language.  Authpro sounds pretty easy, I'll let you know how it turns out!  Thanks again,  Vic
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

stackoverlow.com is a great source of information. One thing I'll let you know is that our servers are not configured to support PHP files.  This is the primary reason I would recommend a 3rd party tool. This way the PHP files are hosted on that companies system.

Mike
Photo of Victor4384

Victor4384

Sweet!  They (authpro.com) has a free version that I can use as long as I want, and it looks like it has all the bells and whistles that I was looking for just by cutting and pasting their html code.  Only catch is that its only good for up to 10 people, but that's cool, if it does what it's supposed to do without too much hastle, I might upgrade in the future.

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Great!  thanks for the feedback!
Photo of Corina9065

Corina9065

Password Protected Pages Lose Navigation Menu.

I am trying to password protect some pages on my site and when I do the two navigation menus my page is using disappear. If I try to make a new navigation menu specific to the password protected page, it doesn't work either.

Is there a fix for this? I really need to password protect some of these pages and keep the navigation menus!

Thanks,
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Corina9065
,   sorry but when you add the password, it removes the navigation element on that page. One option that some people us is AuthPro. See main topic post above.

Mike
Photo of Corina9065

Corina9065

Is there going to be a fix for this in the future? This seems like a pretty basic request to have and is quite frustrating since most websites utilize a navigation menu.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Corina9065,  Sorry, but I don't have any fix date or ETA for this. This is one of the things that has been on our wish list for the developers for some time. Please glick the "me too" button at the top if you have not done so. This is one of the methods they use to track interest.

Mike
Photo of Sean8199

Sean8199

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How to add a link to a secure login for employees to access company information?.

I would like to add somewhere on my page a login feature for my employees to be able to login to access important company information that is posted outside of our website for there view only. Do you know of any company's or does your company has this feature?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi, we don't offer this feature, but you can use 3rd party software.

Drew
Photo of Sean8199

Sean8199

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What are some suggestions of third party software that allows this feature because AuthPro is not going to work for us.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Good morning Sean8199,

Authpro is the only one we have ever tried.  Hopefully someone else has tried one and will weigh in on the matter, or you can try doing a search for 3rd party login in options.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Leonard0288

Leonard0288

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Are there plug-ins for Homestead in order to provide my site "members" each their own password?.

I'm looking to provide exclusivity to "inner circle members". Are passwords available, more so than password protecting a page and providing a large group of people the same password?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Authpro can provide that functionality, but it isn't built in to Sitebuilder.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of seavermedials4

seavermedials4

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is there an add-on for a client login?.

I want my customers to easily login on my website to a personal portal where I and they can access files that each of us upload. AND I AM NOT LOOKING FOR AuthPro! I need more than that.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

seavermedials4,

What other features and functionality are you looking for that Authpro does not provide? 
(Edited)
Photo of seavermedials4

seavermedials4

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I want individual portals for customers. Authpro just puts a password on webpages that only those with password can view.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If the primary goal is file sharing, then you may want to use something like DropBox. If you want to provide more details I might be able to make a better recommendation. 

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.