Development changes in new websitebuilder

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I just re-opened Websitebuilder as it had timed out and unless I've totally lost my marbles they changed the Main Editor Menu. All that immediately jumped out at me was that ADD was removed and replaced by ELEMENTS. That now contains all the things that were previously listed under WIDGETS. Worse than going to the grocery store only to find they moved everything! lol
So wondering what else might have been changed and also wondering if maybe we can be told of the changes as they occur.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of david2953

david2953

• 6,966 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Nope you still have your marbles...but the bread is now in aisle 5 :)

But I would agree is it possible for the developers to list what has changed...not unlike an update, you would find in the App Store or Google Play where there are developer notes that tell the users what has been changed, fixed, added or deleted.
(Edited)
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Great! Thanks. Now where's the beer.   :)
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Nothing is as constant as change. BUT on a bright note, at least the developers are doing "something" although if it was for the better remains to be seen... I wait with baited breath but may just have another peek back at Websitebuilder.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

The point wasn't that something changed, Brian, as yes, that's definitely something we want to see. The point was pretty much what David said, give us updates on what has changed, fixed and so forth as pertains to our use of the builder.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Susan, although I have stopped work with websitebuilder, I still  have a tinker and yes I saw the changes to text and advanced. What bothers me is that, although in my opinion an improvement, because most of my text changes I can do with the text bar rather than the advanced, the text editor was working OK. There is so much wrong with the builder that we all have raised with Drew and Todd's help,( and I have already said their superb support and assistance kept my trying longer ) I think the developers should at least take a little notice of what their customers want to see included and maybe ASK what is our most pressing requirement. For all the effort that has been offered by the builders in sorting out problems, a little recognition,  at the very least, letting drew and Todd aware as and when they fix / change stuff so they can let the builders know.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I would love to post updates, but we are still trying to work out communications. I get some information, but not everything I need.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Oh Drew, most of us realize that you can only give us what you're given so this isn't on you, it's on the developers.

I've noticed some other changes as I've been fiddling. Not sure where to put them, but I guess here is as good as any.

It used to be a simple matter to click on an element, the orange box would surround it and then you could either drag it where you wanted or use the arrow keys for a more precise move. Now I can either not get elements to move at all or have to fool with it for awhile before it will work.

Copy/Paste from one page to another isn't working right. I attempted to c/p a page title and it kept pasting in an element I had copied a long while before. So I deleted the one I tried to copy, changed it then copied it and attempted to paste it and ended up with the one I had deleted.

The text editor is different. Instead of the small black text edit box that used to come up this is what comes up now:

CLICK ON MORE

CLICK ADVANCED

Click on edit text and it takes you back to the first bar shown above.

If anyone else runs across a change I hope they'll chime in.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.