Details! Details!

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I filled out description information to give details about each individual item in the simple store and when I preview the link that says "details" under the price,none of my descriptions show.
Photo of Nancy6435

Nancy6435

• 336 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • getting tired

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,786 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You must select the item to reveal the details.
Photo of Nancy6435

Nancy6435

I just published my site. Thanks for all your help!
Photo of Nancy6435

Nancy6435

Thanks. That's the problem. When I select the item nothing happens. When I click on to "details" it shows my list of products, but only on part of the description is aligned with the product and nothing else shows up (except a fragment of a description showing)
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

If you want to post your website address, I'll logon and examine your simple store and item details.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I love your art work. I don't see your shopping cart. You need to turn your simple store on. Go to ecommerce and switch on your store.
Photo of Nancy6435

Nancy6435

Thank you! Glad you like my art! The store is on.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You have no store icon on your site. From your page editor, Select Insert > select the Simple Store icon to add your Simple Store. 
Photo of Nancy6435

Nancy6435

Thanks! I'll do that now.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I don't see it on your website.
(Edited)
Photo of Nancy6435

Nancy6435

Hi, again! I did get the store icon on to the site. Is it supposed to be able to link to the store or is it just to direct the viewer better?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I see you have the store online. When you click "store", it produces a destinations:
http://www.nlwatercolor.com/~shop/main.html. Use this destination and create a link with the store icon. Incidentally, you can make the store icon more prominent. You can place it where you want and once you've produced the link, it can stand alone. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am not sure of the question, but see that you have published. If things are working, great! If you still need assistance, let us know
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Nancy6435, which site are you working on? It might just be that you need to add the store page to the navigation menu.
Photo of Nancy6435

Nancy6435

The store icon did not work, but I did solve the uploading of the photos to the product page. The site that I am working on is www.nlwatercolor.com.  I was able to also align the detail descriptions of the product and  prices for 5 paintings successfully.  I have uploaded pics of 12 paintings. . After the 5th one, another page does not come up to accommodate the other 7 photos and descriptions.  I see "blank page" on the store menu, but that does not seem to hold product pics.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I don't see a shopping cart on your site. Are you using SB+ or the desktop version of sitebuilder?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I see 3 pages. If you look at the bottom there is previous,1,2,3,Next. You can also increase the number of products per page, up to 20 on the right side. The detail also shows for me, but it does not show on the main store page, only once you click on the product name or see details.

The added images at the bottom of the store are not going to be intergrated with the store. Only Products entered on the Ecommerce tab will show in the store.
Photo of Nancy6435

Nancy6435

The store icon did not work, but I did solve the uploading of the photos to the product page. The site that I am working on is www.nlwatercolor.com.  I was able to also align the detail descriptions of the product and  prices for 5 paintings successfully.  I have uploaded pics of 12 paintings. . After the 5th one, another page does not come up to accommodate the other 7 photos and descriptions.  I see "blank page" on the store menu, but that does not seem to hold product pics.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

How big are your image files? You need to make sure they are sized smaller than 1mb to upload them to the store.

It does look to me as though all the products have images. and there are no pages now as you have fewer products than the 20 you configured to show on the page.
Photo of Nancy6435

Nancy6435

Thanks! It worked great to reduce my files and change the product page to 20.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Happy to hear it!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.