Desktop Sitebuilder, Client Service, Price increase

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Why was the conversation regarding Desktop Sitebuilder, Client Service, Price increase closed to further comments and replies after just a few hours?
As mentioned by Mike F. valid points were raised.
I Thank Mike F. for his prompt reply.  I realise that you are doing your job as directed but I am puzzled/stunned by the quick closure.
I have seen many other conversations going back 1 -2 years regarding Sitebuilder Desktop V Sitebuilder Plus that have raised many of the same issues that I have, plus many others.  These conversations have received similar replies saying you are sharing them with the management team and that they are 'under consideration' - then they are archived and no longer visible in the community.
I think that it is about time that this faceless 'management team' showed a little bit of common decency and courtesy to their very many older, original clients who largely built Homestead to what it is today.  In your own words - "More than 12 million customers have used our award-winning products and services to establish their presence on the Web".  The majority of these customers would have built their sites with Sitebuilder Desktop.
With Sitebuilder Desktop, Homestead had a unique product that was far better than any other similar products around. It actually did do what your promotions for Homestead say.  Now you have chosen to become just another one of the many inadequate web site building tools.
To continue with Sitebuilder Desktop and make it once again current and valid and a stand-out product against all the other mediocre products can only be a plus, plus for Homestead, Endurance and their customers.

Surely it's time we heard from the 'management team'.  Could they please have some backbone, front up here and provide some resolutions and answers - it's way overdue.  
Photo of Pamela9886

Pamela9886

• 742 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Sam Judie

Sam Judie

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Pamela! ----- AMEN!

Very well put!  SHAME ON HOMESTEAD for only pretending to care what their Customers actually think!  I am long-time customer since 1999 and have always loved the ease of use and robust features of Homestead!  Sam Judie in Las Vegas Nevada http://www.sam1234.com 

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Pamela9886,   There are many reasons that we close and/or archive various threads. A few of the most common reasons are that they are duplicate or similar posts or topics to other discussions, a thread had become outdated or inactive, or if a thread becomes unproductive. In this case the primary question of the topic was answered and the discussion had become unproductive due to trolling.  When this occurs we typically remind our users to review our Community Guidelines before posting again.  The main purpose of the Community site is to be a support channel for customer issues. If a thread or topic is not productive we will archive or close a thread. 

We welcome many complaints as long as they are professional and comply with our guidelines. When too much trolling occurs it serves no productive purpose and we may choose to close the thread. We must allocate our time so that we answer legitimate customer questions as quickly as possible and engaging in argumentative, or unproductive dialogue is not productive for anyone.  Any valid complaints we get are always shared with our management team.  

I hope this helps.

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.