delete a page

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Photo of dreambigproevents0005

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
To delete a page, open the site in the editor.
  • At the top right click on your site name  that is to the left of Account and Help
  • select View File Manager from the drop down
  • select the page you want to delete from the list (1 click will highlight it) on the page that opens
  • click Delete in the upper tool bar
  • if you think you might want the page later you can drag it into a folder - this breaks the link to the page, yet you still have it
  • if the page was in your navigation you'll want to remove it from there and you will need to remove any links to that page throughout your site.
Okay, thank you.  The problem I'm now having is that the link is still coming up on the website.  I would now have to remove any broken link correct as this is the error message I'm receiving.  Could you please walk me through how to remove the broken link page from my site?
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Can you provide the address of your site or take a screenshot so I can see where the problem is?
Thanks
Sure, the web address is:  www.weheartyouwalkathon.com  No matter what I do, I cannot delete the following pages: How You Can Help This Cause, and the page 'Blank' These two pages just are not displayed in the view page because I've deleted it. I've also tried going over to links and editing it there but after I publish, it's still there.  What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Are you using Plus or desktop?
I'm using Plus.
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Ok  Click on the navigation itself and that opens the Site Navigation Settings on the right.
Click on the Links tab - that will show you all the pages you have in the menu. Look through those and see if the two pages you don't want are in that list. If so, highlight one and then click on the X at the top where the other symbols are + - arrows. If that's not the problem post back and we'll go to Plan B.
It worked!! Omg, it worked! Yay!!! Whoohoo!!! Now I can have peace of mind. Thank you Susan!!
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

Good deal! Good luck with your event.
Thank you Susan!
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

You're quite welcome. :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.