Customers not getting my emails

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

A while ago I posted on here that my customers were not getting my emails. Unfortunately, the problem has gotten worse.  To the point that NONE of my customers are getting my emails.  At this point we are switching to our personal email addresses just to be able to operate our business and send correspondences and invoices.
is there any other solution available from homestead to fix this or help me fix this? 
Thanks in advance
Photo of JOSEPH5436

JOSEPH5436

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,288 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I can run some test on the communication to see what may be happening. What email address are you sending from? Also, do you receive any type of bounce back message?
Photo of JOSEPH5436

JOSEPH5436

That would be really great if you could.  josephkerr@kerrmanufacturing, accounts@kerrmanufacturing are the primary email addresses that we use.
I wish we got a bounce back message but I've never gotten one in relation to this problem.  
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Unfortunately from what I see all the emails that were sent from those boxes in the last 30 days show they delivered clean. However ill run a few more tests and to do a more thorough search can you provide what email address you are sending to that is not receiving? 
Photo of JOSEPH5436

JOSEPH5436

-All emails going to **@belusallc.com,
-Most going to 88@jetlinepromo.com although these were found to be in the customer's junk mail box
-All emails going to **@lairdplastics.com
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Thank you for that. Last question, do you send these emails directly from Roundcube or use a third party email client such as outlook? It does show our server is releasing the emails so what may be happening is some type of filtering or blocking on the receiving end. So we make sure all side are covered I will put in a ticket on our end to make sure communication is clear but you will also want to provide the source of that email to their email support also to get anything that may be causing that not to come through cleared. Here is how you can obtain the email source to provide them with to get it looked at. 

Open the email that you sent to them and select more. Then select show source

From the next window copy all the text that displays and send that to their email team.
(Edited)
Photo of JOSEPH5436

JOSEPH5436

We are currently still using Thunderbird from when the email system rolled over to this new system a few years ago.
Can you tell me if it could be that switching to a different mail client could help our issues?
Thank you for the instructions on getting the info for them to use.  I will follow up with them with this so hopefully we can figure out the problem and implement a solution.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No problem. That may cause some issues if it is not properly connected to the server. I would recommend comparing the email account settings in Thunderbird and make sure they reflect these https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/email-client-settings. Also, for testing try sending them an email directly from Roundcube and see if it goes through. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.