custom forms

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

i have a pharmacy and i need to add a form in the refill request tab for my customers to fill out with the info that i need to identify them and with some kind of customer ID and have them type their info and comments to be send to me.
Photo of Ngan9397

Ngan9397

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The standard form that you currently have on your page does not allow for additional fields to be added. However, there is a Custom Form building tool right in the SiteBuilder that will allow you to create your own form with additional functionality.

To access the tool click: Insert > More > Build a Custom Form

From here, you'll see that you have the ability to create custom form, as simple, or complex as you need.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Ngan9397

Ngan9397

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
can i change the name of a form in the "form builder setting"???.

can i change the name of a form in the "form builder setting"??? i need the from to be called something other than "contact us" or "request Info". is this an option and if so how is it done. thank you
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, but there is not a way to change the names of the standard forms. You could cover it with a text box and label it that way, or as mentioned above, just use the custom form building tool.

Mike
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do you include an Automatic Response to Customer when they email through site.

Id like or emailers to receive an email that says" thank you for visiting our site.....

thank you!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You'll want to use the Custom Form tool to create your own form. Then, when you add the submit button to the page it gives you two additional options.  You can just type a message into the field provided, or create a whole new web page that the customer is redirected to.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Another nice feature you can utilize when building custom forms is the ability to customize the response. You can do this by entering a message in the supplied field, or creating a new page and redirecting the visitor to a specific page.

I will try this.... mike, I submitted my website for review, any way you can take a look at it?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We'll do our best to review your site. We always address any of the technical support, question, and problem threads first though. One of the best ways to get reviews is to review others sites, leave them comments and ask them to return the favor. Sometimes the best feedback comes from other business owners or customers.

Also, here's a great thread that can also help. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Mike
Photo of Jonathan T.

Jonathan T.

• 6,394 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I currently have check boxes on my website, but when someone checks it, nothing shows up in the e-mail noting which ones were checked? www.ckbudgetmentors.com is the website im working on, front page.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just tested it and it seems to be working. I assume you are referring to the radio buttons, as there aren't actually any check boxes. In either case, if you click a radio button that item does show up in the email sent.

Mike.
Photo of Jonathan T.

Jonathan T.

• 6,394 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I actually was on with tech support for over an hour. They were never able to get the check boxes to work, so I had to change to the options instead
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

That is indeed strange. I'm glad it's working now. It's always possible there was some corrupt code. Did you try to remove and re add them? Or if it's working satisfactory you can just leave it as is.

Mike
Photo of snyder4154

snyder4154

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I don't see "Build a Custom Form" after "Insert/More"
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You are in the right place. At the bottom of that menu, there's one more link to access the form building tools.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.