Custom Forms

• Question
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • Answered
I am looking at re-writing my websites in the new Websitebuilder. However on my current websites built using Sitebuilder Plus I have custom forms with drop down menus and check boxes etc. I was HOPING that the Websitebuilder would have more advanced custom forms - so for example selecting different drop down options would determine which page the user went to on submitting the form. However Websitebuilder seems to only have the contact form - and while this is more customisable than than the one in Sitebuilder Plus, I cannot see any other options for custom forms with list boxes, drop down menus, check boxes etc. All I can see is the contact form with fields to input text. Is this really the case or am I just missing something?!
Photo of Philip0404

Philip0404

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,790 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Alas,WebsiteBuilder, as much as I like it, does indeed lack dynamic forms.  I have been using Formsite for things like you describe.  It is not free but is very reliable and can be customized nicely.  You can also control the submission responses and other things.  The tracking of results is also useful.  For simpler forms, 123 Forms is OK.  I use that for some things, as well and that one has a free version.  Hope that helps.
Photo of Philip0404

Philip0404

That's great, many thanks Lynn, really useful.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 13,938 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I have sent some feedback about the forms functions and have requested to allow more customization, it is now in the hands of the engineers to implemented these requests. Another custom form builder you can use for free is jotform, a lot of customers were able to successfully built their forms with this platform. 
Photo of Philip0404

Philip0404

Many thanks Michelle