Custom form uploading

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I am redesigning my webpage and have a custom form already in place on the beta version. I'd like to simply upload it and add additional info needed to make it work with your system. Is this possible? I'd hate to have to recreate the form from scratch with your elements, as it will be time consuming.

Kind Regards,
Photo of CharityICT

CharityICT

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 20,588 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm sorry, what do you mean by "the beta version"? We can't upload forms from 3rd party programs, so you would need to get HTML for it if that is what you are talking about.
Photo of CharityICT

CharityICT

I'm not using any software to create the page, I'm doing so by hand. Beta version meaning the next version of the website. So I do have access to all the HTML I need to know what tags to add to the form HTML for it to work with your site so I can get an email with the forms contents when it is filled out online.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I do understand what "beta version" means, the confusion comes from the fact that we do not have a "beta version" of any of our builders. Are you referring to Sitebuilder Plus?
I did take a look at your site and see that you are creating the form using HTML. If you have decided not to use the tools we provide for the forms, that is fine, but we cannot troubleshoot HTML.
Photo of CharityICT

CharityICT

Okay, you are stuck on the wrong words on all this. Lets try this again:

I made a form on my computer using HTML with notepad. I know the code inside and out because I wrote it. No program wrote it form me, no third party services, no sitebuilder plus.

What I need specifically from your side is the HTML tags to add to the form so that when I upload this form and publish it I will have the contents of said form emailed to me. This is not troubleshooting this is attempting to get the same functionality you provide with your contact us form but with a form I made myself with additional content I desire.

I'm sorry if I worded this poorly, hopefully this is a better explanation.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Unfortunately, what you are asking cannot be done. We don't allow customer access to the mail program on the server.
Photo of CharityICT

CharityICT

Excellent, well, not really in fact it isn't very good. But at least I have an answer now. I hope you have a great weekend!

Kind Regards,

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.