Create a mobile site link does not appear on Mozilla, Firefox, or IE?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I'm trying to create a mobile site but the "create mobile" link does not appear on any of my web browsers.
Photo of Dan or Brad2150

Dan or Brad2150

• 636 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

A mobile site requires a DNS redirect to work, so the site must have a domain to see the mobile site icon. Go to websites manager and select a site with a domain and you will see it.
Photo of Dan or Brad2150

Dan or Brad2150

so basically my 500 page website that i've spent years to use without a domain with a .homestead.com domain is useless. I may be homeless next time we speak lol
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You could add a domain name, but that would be the only way to enable a mobile site.
Photo of Dan or Brad2150

Dan or Brad2150

a new domain name wouldn't show up in google. its my subdomains from homestead.com that are indexed
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

A new domain name can show up in Google if you sign up for Google Webmaster Tools and advise Google of your updated website domain.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.