Correctly Linking my website to a "page" on my facebook account

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I created a facebook page and linked it to my website as directed by copying and pasting the address from the new "page". When I update my site and allow Homestaed to post the changes on facebook, the notifications go to my main facebook account not the page I created for the website. How do I correct this?
Photo of cerbatsoccer7327

cerbatsoccer7327

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 6 years ago

cerbatsoccer7327

P.S. I mistakenly clicked the "idea" button. It's a "problem"
Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi cerbatsoccer7327,

I believe you are referring to two different features. The "post updates" feature that pops up after publishing your website will be connected to whatever Facebook account you are logged into on that browser. Let me know if you would like to connect it to a different Facebook account. We can disconnect it from the current account for you. Then you will have to wait 24 hours after we do that, so that the system can reset that connection.

When you do go back in to connect it to a different account, make sure you log out of your Facebook account first. Then you will be prompted to log in when you choose to post the update to Facebook, and you can log into the correct account.

Let me know,
Matt

cerbatsoccer7327

Thank You Matt,
I only have the one facebook account but created a "Page" for the soccer club which I was hoping the "post updates" would appear on. I will try again making sure I am logged onto and "commenting etc" as Cerbat Soccer and not myself. Will it then be directed to the Soccer page I created?
Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Ok, I have disconnected your current Facebook account from your website. You will need to wait 24 hours before you attempt to use the "Post Update" feature for Facebook again. At that time, make sure you are logged out of Facebook, completely, then publish your website. You will be asked, as usual, if you want to post an update. When you click "Facebook", you will be prompted to log into your Facebook account. I believe you should have the option to then choose if you want it to go to your personal account or your page.

Matt

cerbatsoccer7327

Well I logged out of my facebook account and updated my website. I posted the update to facebook but was never asked if it was to be posted to my main account or my page. It was posted only to my main account again, nothing showing up on my page.

Probably best at this point because only those who have "liked" the page will get the posting anyway. Just wanted to get away from having to update the page everytime I update my website. Way too much hassel.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
When Matt disconnected the account, it should have re-prompted you to connect again which is when you are able to specify the page/account it posts to. Are you OK now?

Mike

cerbatsoccer7327

No, it never asked me to specify. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I don't use face book much and maybe I am not logging out correctly? Can't reach them for help
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You might try going to your Facebook apps and remove the Homestead app, then it should prompt you.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.