copy parts of a page from one website to a new website

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I started a new homestead website and would like to copy material from a different homestead website to the new site.
How do I copy a page or parts of a page from one website to a new website?
Photo of Jerry8733

Jerry8733

• 70 Points

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jerry,

In the past I have simply opened up the existing site in my browser, then opened SiteBuilder Desktop to the new site (this SHOULD work the same for Plus). Go to the browser and copy the content you want to move. Images you can upload just as you originally did - assuming you have the original in a file on your computer or simply right click, Choose Save Image As, name it and Save to your desktop and then go to the SiteBuilder and import. For content; you copy a block of text by depressing the left mouse button and dragging it across and down over the content. Once you have highlighted the text you want, right click on the highlighted text, choose Copy, go to SiteBuilder, create a text box and paste the copied content into it.

Best of luck with your new site.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jerry8733,

Everything Susan2829 mentioned is a great option. You cannot copy certain pages, or certain parts or pages, from one site to another.

However, you can copy an entire site to another site, you would just need to delete any pages or files you no longer needed.

If you'd like to do this, you can view the instructions in your help center:

Help > View Help > search for "Move a Site"

Hope this info helps, thanks!

Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.