Copy and Paste functions not working

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How can I copy a section from one email and paste it into another? This system is so inefficient and slow!!!!!
Photo of Jane9132

Jane9132

• 2,238 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This all depends on where/ what program, you are trying to copy from, and where, or what program you are pasting into. If you can't simply highlight the text and then right-click for the copy & past commands, you may have to use your control functions. Use "Ctrl + c" to copy and "Ctrl + v" to paste.

This method will work on nearly any program.

Mike
Photo of Jane9132

Jane9132

• 2,238 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Mike, I am trying to copy a section from an email on your program to a new email on your program. The right click menu with copy on it works on the email to be copied, but paste does not show up on the new email right click menu. Your control function suggestion does work, but ONLY if the new email is changed to plain text. I am accessing you through Firefox (AVG) as recommended. However, I just tried through Internet Explorer (Google) and the paste menu does appropriately drop down through that pathway - but reversed. The drop down paste functions only work on the HTML and HTML and Plain Text functions, but not on Plain Text! That is confusing since, when I try to sign in that way, I get a message that my browser is not supported and that I should use Firefox.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I understand that can be confusing. Every software application can be a little different, but between the top options (right clicking, or Ctrl functions you should be able to copy and paste just about anything.

Another alternative if you want consistency is to use a 3rd party email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.