Continued data migration 12/12/2014

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Finalizing the data migration. 12/18/14

We are sorry to announce that due to yesterday's outage in the old data center, and 3rd party routing outages in the last week, the data migration window has been extended by 1 week. We are working to get all accounts moved as quickly as possible. As data completes the transfer, more resources can be allocated to fully restoring and enhancing performance. The engineers believe optimization will continue through the end of the month. Some accounts may continue to see disruption/slowness throughout the month.

On or before Friday 12/19 a new update will be posted with progress.  It is not possible to provide a firm date and time for completion as there are too many external variables that can affect the time frame.

We do sincerely apologize for the delay.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

• 1,438 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
There is another part of disaster recovery that will have to be dealt with and that's bad publicity. Experts in disaster recovery agree it's just as bad as the disaster itself. There is now multiple companies that monitor these problems and report on them. The message board may seem like it's full of complaints but it's not it's a few people posting the same thing over and over.
Photo of Vicki5284

Vicki5284

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled CANNOT EDIT SITE.

Not being able to edit my website or even gain access to it is costing me thousnds of dollars!! Some of us make our living off our sites and its christmas! Real Nice!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry Vicki5284,

Are you trying desktop or Plus? I was able to open your site in Plus this morning.

Drew
Photo of Jacqueline5607

Jacqueline5607

• 636 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I know what you mean...lost $, that's for sure...don't know what I am going to do...between a rock and a hard place right now if I change.
Photo of binouye2028456

binouye2028456

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ISSUES!!!.

1. Have been having serious issues with accessing my website builder since last Friday.....extremely slow if, in fact, I can even get connected!!!!
2. Getting really tired of not being able to post to FB when I update the website and publish. The issue comes and goes, and it's getting pretty doggone frustrating!!! I know I'm not the only one experiencing this, thru previous posts I see, but that doesn't necessarily make me feel any better.

I love using Homestead as my host, but it's getting pretty darned frustrating again, and always makes me question using you folks.
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

• 1,922 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I cannot get beyond STAR UP. I get a message saying cannot find server try again.

As above. Cannot get on site to edit it. I cannot get beyond START UP . Just get message above
Photo of Audrey1969

Audrey1969

• 1,922 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why cannot I edit. Why does my website 'FReeze' at START UP?.
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

A lot of people are just now trying to upgrade their pages they don't have a clue Sitebuilder LPX Desktop is down. So they run to the tech lines which are jammed with calls. S/LPX/D was supposed to be back up 12/12/14 they had conflicts with the old code it was corrupt and needed updates. Then some router problems occurred and pushed the migration complete date to 12/19/14. besides all that people are coming here with malware, viruses, ransomware and trojan's on their systems that were never running right to begin with and really old OS like windows xp etc. 
I've told some of my clients 15 to 20 times now SITEBUILDER/LPX/DESKTOP is NOT WORKING and they still try all day long to bring it up and make changes to their systems hoping it will come up and call the tech lines. they've done a reninstall and everything else.
To me that's just plain stupidity on their part. Some idiots have reinstalled 10 times now, changed their passwords 5 to 6 times.
At some point you have to step back and say Really People

Photo of Keith7184

Keith7184

• 590 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Wise counsel, indeed.

I cannot understand why the company is not informing people, since surely they can contact them, of what is actually going on.  It is not "sufficient" information to say "well, we're working on some maintenance" - as that is misleading in that it fails to disclose what is actually true and the extent of it.  

Please, Homestead (or Endurance or whoever) change your policy and/or perspective to that of authenticity and integrity in completely communicating.  I do not say that as a "make wrong" but as a suggestion of what will work better for the benefit of all concerned.  It will help people to begin to trust you - and that has a huge amount of value over the long term.  

Drew should be appointed to an authoritative position of Client Retention And Satisfaction director, as that would be a most valuable position that would definitely pay for itself!   
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

• 592 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Wouldn't work; he'd still be forced to shovel the sheit out to we customers by senior management.
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

And if you work for this product which I assume you do, you should try and sign up for the next tact school as soon as it's offered.  Wow...
Photo of Pat5311

Pat5311

• 652 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
January 15th ????????!!!!!!!!!  This started out 2 to 3 weeks and many would come on line before that...then Dec. 12....then Dec 19.  Then someone mumbled something about the end of December....and NOW YOU SAY JANUARY 15!!!! ???? If you are a nobody (like apparently the rest of us are) then you need to get off here...find a life and leave us alone.  We have enough problems without being degraded and insulted by you.  If you truly own this company wouldn't your time be better spent trying to fix this problem rather than antagonizing customers in this way? 
(Edited)
Photo of Jacqueline5607

Jacqueline5607

Is he kidding!!!! Somebody needs to wake him up from his dream!
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

and of course you own the world and decide who can come here and who can't. I pay for my service which includes using this tech message board. If you don't like it you leave...
Photo of Jacqueline5607

Jacqueline5607

...well, that's business like Mr. Webmaster!
(Edited)
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

I know huh
Photo of Mary5418

Mary5418

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Server Migration Update.

I just spoke with a company representative. Evidently they are migrating to a new server. The representative told me I could get on here to get an update as to when this problem will be resolved. She told me they "hoped" to have the issue resolved by the end of the month! I am definitely not a happy camper. Could a representative please jump on here and give some updated information? Thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Mary5418,

This is the latest we have, but I will have something more by Friday.

Drew
Photo of Stuart9026

Stuart9026

• 514 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Once again, you are not the messenger, but by the end of the month?  Is that correct?  The company's inability to communicate is bordering on a class-action lawsuit
Photo of Shar6421

Shar6421

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What a frustrating day....all the work and nothing will publish and no one respon....
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Zip/Zilch Access To My Website.

Seems now everyone has turned off their phones, their tech. help, their responses to forum questions.  Kinda directly tells you where this is all going.  Anybody know anyone on the purported North Korean hackers doing in Sony?  Perhaps they can get this to work.

I can login and but when I try to go to my pages to edit, all I see is a gray checkerboard screen.  Maybe gray is the new orange.

I feel for all the people who placed their trust in this company to entrust their livelihood into their hands.  Now you're SOL for the Christmas season, for New Years, and for how ever longer it will take for these owners to admit they screwed the pooch on this entire fiasco.
Photo of GHSABB

GHSABB

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SLOW.

How long is sitebuilder plus going to be so slow. I've read the other post, there's nothing wrong with my computer, and I'm wasting a lot of time waiting for sitebuilder to respond. Please resolve this issue. I have business web sites (several) that I need to work with.
Photo of Jan0049

Jan0049

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Same. It's incredibly frustrating. :-(
Photo of Aja5052

Aja5052

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would like to understand why an email wasn't sent out to the customers to inform them of the issue from a customer service and client perspective. I feel like I should have received an email about the issue instead of getting frustrated or having to come to this site to read about it. It has really been an inconvenience not updating my site, and users unable to see the current information.   I hope this issue is resolved by noon on Friday, December 19th because I will be losing users and may need to look for another service.
Photo of John9568

John9568

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Customer Service NOT Serving Customers!.

The LAST thing anyone wants to do when they've been battling with an unresponsive website, such as Homestead Sitebuilder, is to have to participate in a telephone survey about how old we are and what kind of vacations we enjoy! We just want to speak to someone about the problem. We're already frustrated and don't give a crap about your promotions! We want to fix the problem - we've likely already invested enough time trying to fix it on our own and calling is a last resort! And Homestead offers no override to this nonsense! You are held hostage to their ridiculous survey. I used to sing the praises of their customer service. No more. I can't believe they have so little regard for their loyal, paying customers that they put off our concerns for this garbage. If you want us to take a stupid prize survey, give us the option to do so afterwards. I'm not even going to go into the even bigger problem that Sitebuilder has not been working the last few days.

I ended up using chat (who said Homestead's working on it), but sometimes it's preferable to talk to a person on the phone. Of course, that's providing you don't have to jump through their hoops to get to someone.
Photo of John9568

John9568

This should NOT have been merged into this topic! This was a complaint about Homestead forcing us to answer poll questions when we call tech support - NOT about their migration. 
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Homestead down close to every month for 3 days or more..

The following are my websites - www.onirecruitments.com and www.oniconsultants.net.  I am registered with Bing, Google, Yahoo and few other search engines. Bing & Google give me reports that say that there are outages nearly every month with specific reference to your server. Worst part is not that your LOG IN AND EMAIL FACILITY BECOMES INOPERATIVE - BUT MY WEBSITES NOT being AVAILABLE FOR MY POTENTIAL CLIENTS TO SEE ! In the past, there were warning of planned maintenance exercises from the service team. Now it goes -boom - outage - no link to anyone in your company.  Most frustrating part of such outages is that your client servicing link, which should be based on a separate server, is not and goes down too ! No one to contact, helpless , frustrating feeling ! I desire to know, considering that at one point of time, Homestead was known to be fault less, is that, is Homestead dying ? Lack of funds maybe, lack of coding engineers maybe. Would some one please explain.
ANIRUDDHA ROY CHOUDHURY
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for sharing. I watched the whole video. I understand the need to do this. One serious error in the video is that it will take (or has taken), a few days. It's going to be and already has been weeks for some customers to have the ability to edit their sites.  Totally, 100% not acceptable. We are told it could be until the end of the year.  It IS a disaster rather than a migration. Rumor has it they are shutting their doors. 10's of thousands or customers are affected if not more.  I'm not really concerned about how much money this is costing them. I'm concerned how much money this is costing me. An equally big problem beyond lost revenues for us users is the fact that Homestead has not directly communicated with their customers in any way (except for Drew on this thread), and not offering any refunds. I'm told you have to request a refund for down time. I would if I could get through to their help line but it appears to be shut down. I do hope this goes viral so Endurance can own up to want they promised: service.
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

Well said.  Though this may go viral, I feel that Endurance may think they're innoculated themselves.  Their non-communicative attitude would suggest that.

And,,,I believe Drew has gone well past the point of being a positive customer advocate during this whole mess.  He's gone out on a limb throughout this whole mess...and I hope Endurance doesn't hold it against him. 
Photo of melissa0620

melissa0620

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled cannot login to sitebuilder!!!!!.

I cannot login to sitebuilder, i get error message that login or password is wrong. I logged into Homestead.com changed password and still get the same message.
Photo of Andrea0181

Andrea0181

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I cannot log into my Account through Homestead.com.

I am one of the customers who cannot access my account through either the SiteBuilder desktop. However, I am also not even able to log into my account on the homestead.com site. Is there a reason I cannot even log in there? I get to the login page and put in my info, it spins for about 60 seconds and then says the server has timed out. How can I get access to my account?
Photo of Jacqueline5607

Jacqueline5607

I just want some type of compensation for all of this...now I am sorry I paid in advance for the year...I should have kept it monthly.
Photo of Joan0388

Joan0388

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Exactly. I don't remember when or why I changed from monthly or annually but I just paid for the whole year. I think if I had not done that I would by now be with another web host.
Photo of Vincent9959

Vincent9959

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My site doesn't seem to be loading quickly or at all. You have to stop the loadin....

Site takes forever to load up... never used to have this issue. 
Photo of Peter5960

Peter5960

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Frustrated with Service.

I have been with Homestead for the last few years and have never had as many problems as I have had over the last month.  It is very slow, some of the links no longer work, and some have altogether disappeared, and when I get a prompt on the screen to call customer service with an error message number there is no answer on the other end of the phone at Homestead except the foolish music which gets pretty frustrating.  After building several websites for other businesses and non-profits, many are asking me to change web hosting companies.  I am starting to seriously consider it.  If I lose another customer over this, it won't take me long to change everything over for everybody.
Photo of Michael0744

Michael0744

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled cannot+get+online.

For the last 3 months or more I have had a problem getting online to edit my customer web accounts. For several weeks now I have had error messages saying that the ID information was wrong and could not even get signed onto desktop at all. When I did manage to get on I could not get online. Today, December 18, 2014 I finally was able to sign into my desktop site builder but am not able to get online. This is very fast becoming ridiculous and uncalled for. If there are problems then we need to be notified of the problem and how long it will affect the Desktop site builder ... I have customers waiting for updates and some telling me that they are thinking of taking their business some where else because of the unreliability of my being able to update customers when they need their updates. I will not or better yet I will never ever use site builder plus, that program is so aggravating it pisses me off .... slow is not the word for site builder plus, it is a pain in the rear end and a very poorly developed program ... I will never understand why Homestead discontinued the desktop site builder ... that use to be the best site building tool on the internet until they came up with the head ache site builder plus ... I need answers so I can get online and sign into my account so I can update web sites for customers. come on Homestead get the lead out of your pf your rear end. You have customers depending on Desktop site builder to service our customers or don't you really give a dam ....  
Photo of Ken9100

Ken9100

• 1,656 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What a mess !!.

What a mess !! I first noticed a problem logging in about a week ago. It was very slow. Now I find that my website www.yoursimplycupcakes.com has problems with the tabs. If I click on one tab it's impossible to move to another tab and the site locks up. I have spent hundreds in advertising my site in the past week and now I find that over 100 people were only able to visit one page. I have been with Homestead for over 10 years but I think it's time to move on. Merry Christmas Homestead.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ken9100,

The navigation is working for me. I am able to navigate the site. Are there specific pages. You might try clearing your browser history.

Drew
Photo of Rebecca5850

Rebecca5850

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When I click on the save button, it's not saving..

After I make my needed changes and updates to my pages, I click on 'save'. It's not always saving. When I go to publish, the changes haven't been made. It's been doing this for a while as I just figured out today that that's why I keep getting a message when I sign in asking me if I want to start from last change or save. This has been going on at least for a month now.
Photo of Aja5052

Aja5052

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Site Builder issues for all Homestead Users.

Site Builder is not working or loading pages to edit.
Please advise. I need a solution asap. The company should have sent a communication out to their customers especially for a 2 week issue.
Photo of Keith6030

Keith6030

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Broken pieces and slow software!.

I am getting a small icon that looks like a broken page on all of my border areas? What is up? Also loading times for working on the sites have been extremly long.
Photo of gravelroads333305

gravelroads333305

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website slow to load.

My website seems to be loading much slower than normal after making some changes/updates yesterday. Server issues?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.