Continued data migration 12/12/2014

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Finalizing the data migration. 12/18/14

We are sorry to announce that due to yesterday's outage in the old data center, and 3rd party routing outages in the last week, the data migration window has been extended by 1 week. We are working to get all accounts moved as quickly as possible. As data completes the transfer, more resources can be allocated to fully restoring and enhancing performance. The engineers believe optimization will continue through the end of the month. Some accounts may continue to see disruption/slowness throughout the month.

On or before Friday 12/19 a new update will be posted with progress.  It is not possible to provide a firm date and time for completion as there are too many external variables that can affect the time frame.

We do sincerely apologize for the delay.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Rebecca6823

Rebecca6823

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why cant we use SiteBuilder? We are extremely frustrated with the quality of ser....

Why cant we use SiteBuilder? We are extremely frustrated with the quality of service we are getting from Homestead. It has been weeks and we still cannot make changes to our websites.
Photo of Gerald L2602

Gerald L2602

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Now I can't log into my Homestead account AT ALL !.

As most everyone knows, a good majority of us haven't been able to login to Site Biulder or update our Websites for over 3 weeks now.  Althouh, not happy about it, I've put my focus on other things for now, and I continue to wait.  BUT....Now for the last couple of day I haven't been able to login to my Homesteaad account "AT ALL" ~ on my main computer, or any of my other computers. The wheels keep spinning...   Anyone know why this is ????
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Gerald L2602,

Unfortunately, this can happend with accounts with as many sites as you have. We are sorry.

Drew
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Drew, I am on hold with Homestead right now and expect to be for a while.  I have 8 sites that use Sitebuilder Plus. Can someone at Homestead change them so I can use them with the desktop version?  They are all schools and not updating a school's website for three weeks will be devasting. I tried logging into one of the Sitebuilder Plus accounts with the desktop version. I got in but the site was a version from last February!!  So I logged out. Please let me know when you can. Thanks.
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

• 1,438 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I can't update Sitebuilder Plus on Google Chrome. I can update on Internet Explorer 11 as long as Explorer is my default browser. So I had to close Chrome and open IE 11. Then I got this error message which was a bit confusing but I clicked (KEEP LOCAL) it showed my latest updates I then published it successfully. 
There are no frames on the HTML code so if you put 2 or more codes side by side it's really hard to align them. With S/LPX/D I can design and publish 10 pages an hr with massive HTML. without the frames I can do maybe 1 every two hrs. 
I get proxy code errors with Google Chrome AND IT WANTS ME TO TWEAK MY ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE also. 
I have no idea what the index_170x130.thumb is
I also don't understand why the Local and Published versions are different "BOTH FILES HAVE CHANGED" I was unable to publish on Google Chrome SO WHAT PUBLISHED COPY CHANGED?
When I seen "Both files have changed" I threw up in my mouth because I just spent 4 hrs trying to publish one page.
I went back to Google Chrome and everything loaded and updated normal, except the HTML code has bad spacing.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The change may be due to the new data center seeing things differently,  Do you have a proxy setup if you look in the Chrome settings or Window settings. I almost always use Plus in Chrome, with no proxy.

Drew
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

I also noticed the copyright notice shows up by default and has to be removed if you don't want to see it. It's outdated in Sitebuilder Plus 2013 but the real year shows up on your published page.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is true. You have to remove it from each page, but only once. The first time you launch Plus it will put it on.

Drew
Photo of 1OldFart.com

1OldFart.com

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm going through all the same issues as everyone on here but I was lucky enough to do some updating with sitebuilder plus but I find it a pain in the butt as it's much slower. As for some posts who say this has been going on for years well I think they must have other issues as I have used homestead for possibly 15 years or so (can't remember when but used it a long time from when it was a free service till now), and this is the first real issue I have noticed.

But in saying that the timing of this is absolutely crazy which leads me to believe this wasn't a voluntary choice migration but one whose timing was dictated by some breakdown or hack or something which necessitated it. Hopefully it gets fixed soon as this really sucks!

As for some questions, I have the same issue with splus putting the created by homestead links on all my updated and new pages and I see no way of removing them. How can I ???

Also from my site stats I see someone filled out my contact form as sent it as they also viewed the thank you page after submission. Yet I did not receive an email from homestead with my customers question? Great way of losing sales as it looks like I just did not reply. Anyone else have this email issue?
Photo of SEEN1011

SEEN1011

• 742 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Go To "Page Settings" "Footer" "Edit Footer" and un-check the tick box. You can then, with the text field place in your own footer without the Homestead on it. (Hope the pics below help you out)

Photo of Aurelie1129

Aurelie1129

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Won't upload. Won't save. Won't publish..

For the last several weeks, Homestead has sucked. It takes me HOURS to upload a few small photos to my website because it will freeze... or refuse to save my changes... or refuse to publish my changes... and just when I think I have finally gotten it accomplished after doing the same steps 100 times and waiting thru the freezes and logging in and out... then I go look at the published version and there are STILL some photos missing. I am ANGRY. I should not have to waste HOURS AND HOURS on something that should take 5 minutes. I have been with Homestead for at least 10 years now and the service used to be good. Now... it's horrible. Oh, and I used to be able to phone customer support 7 days a week and even late in the evening but gosh, now they are on bankers hours. So what is going on and when is it going to be fixed????? It better be soon, or I will just cancel my account and use a free Facebook page instead of a website.
Photo of Ray5990

Ray5990

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't update my site. going really slow and I have been trying to update this for....

Having trouble with site builder. Taking forever then comes up with a x041 code. Not able to get through on phone. No one answers.
Photo of Diane5860

Diane5860

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sitebuilder is running very slow.

I've never had a problem before with Sitebuilder taking so long to load. From the logging in process to the "website managing" link to saving changes to previewing the changes. Previewing took the longest...whew. I found myself deciding to skip the preview option because I didn't want to wait so long for it to load. The fee for the website has gone up but the quality has gone down? I hope this is just a temporary glitch.
Photo of Lynn2836

Lynn2836

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Back in Sept we were having all sorts of trouble with the desktop version and were told we had to start using Sitebuilder Plus as you wanted everyone on this.  We made the change and had to reconstruct many pages.  Now this problem comes up with Sitebuilder Plus during the busy donation time of year.  We are an animal rescue and need those donations in order to survive.  The big problem is you took down our "About Us" page which shows our mission statement.  We are looking like world class clowns to potential donors.  What we need to know is when this will be fixed.  If you don't know you are forcing us to find another vendor quickly that can get our message out.  I think your new owners did not understand how important the holiday season and the end of the year are to donations for non-profits.  
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

• 592 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
There should be a discussion held with the owners/operators of this web hosting service with regard to some sort of compensation program for all this down time.  My rate was recently raised and this is the service I get for that?  Since the service is down over half of the time, how about I only approve half of my monthly charge?  I do this for a non-profit and this service outage is really unacceptable.  A month of ongoing apologies doesn't nearly cover my frustration over being able to provide my "customers" with information they need.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I understand completely Joe2650, and we will be happy to have that conversation with you, but not in this topic. This is for updates to the current situation. If you would like to discuss your account, you may call support, open a chat, or post a private question here in the community. We do ask that you wait until we have finished so that we only need to discuss it one time, hopefully making it a little less aggravating for you.

Drew
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

Drew, with all due respect...updates?  I consider those to provide an uplifting advisement that things are going to be better soon.  Soon left the barn with the horse a long time ago.

And it's back to Page Unresponsive, Kill or Wait.  I'll be 65 this Saturday with 2 heart attacks under my belt.  I don't have that long to wait.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Joe2650,

We have nothing new at this time. We will have something on or before Friday. Some people did report being able to edit yesterday when they previously could not, so that is better from a system standpoint, but I fully understand that doesn't help you at this time. Unfortunately, we are still waiting for the finish.

Drew
Photo of Robert3881

Robert3881

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Homestead Site Builder has not worked for almost 4 weeks now..

My Homestead Site Builder has not worked for almost 4 weeks now. When I log in it takes forever then just times out with an error message. When will the Site Builder be working again??
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

How about when will  they reimburse you and the rest of us for all this down time?
Photo of Charles6535

Charles6535

• 1,050 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Homestead/SiteBuilder Plus running painfully slow......

What is heaven's name is going on with Homestead and SiteBuilder. I can't do anything it is running so slow. I'm going to be looking for a more dependable hosting service.....
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

When I can't even post a few pictures of our Christmas Cheer Day and the children making ornaments for the invalid in our city so the parents can enjoy what they're doing and see their faces, it's time to look elsewhere.  I've had enough with 30 day old excuses with no end in sight no matter what they "forecast".  How can you believe anything that they say at this point?
Photo of Ari

Ari

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled More Heat than Light!.

If anyone in this community lives in Northern California, it would be great if you could call the San Francisco newspaper and see what you can find out about Homestead. I believe it is a public company and therefore can not operate in secret. There must be a way to find out what is really going on with this 6 week outage. So many questions, so few answers.
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

Thank you, Drew. I want to go the other way. From Sitebuilder Plus (which isn't working for me), back to Desktop. If that is viable, let me know and I'll create a new topic.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi patti2506,

My Sitebuilder desktop just connected to your site and is reading the file tree now. I expect it to start downloading soon. You can try it, but before you make large changes, I would make a very small change and try to publish that 1 page to see if it will publish. Some people have been able to edit, but not publish.

Drew
Photo of Jacqueline5607

Jacqueline5607

• 636 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have a form on my site and now I am not getting the results of it sent to my email. 
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

ok, Drew, thank you.
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

Correct, I am able to edit but not publish. What a nightmare. Thank you for trying anyway. So many lost $$$ as already two of my customers have bailed. I think what is worse is that the company is not communicating with their customers. Not you Drew, but the company as a whole.
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

While a some of the people make multiple posts about how unhappy they are the facts remain. Homestead Sitebuilder/LPX/Desktop is 15 years old. Endurance is upgrading to faster speeds, better security, and a more reliable platform. I can sell that, I can't sell unstable junkware.
Hooray for Endurance, let's upgrade and move into 2015 with confidence.
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

I can't get my RSS feed to publish on sitebuilder plus
  • when using google chrome its 128 bit encryption
  • when using IE 11 sitebuilder plus its http no encryption
  • my site isn't showing any encryption while in sitebuilder plus
  • the rss feed with or without the s in http won't show up when I publish
  • I have the rss feed working on 60 sites as http but it will not work on a new site when I publish with sitebuilder plus http or https
Every url has the 128 bit encryption on google chrome HTTPS but the address of the rss feed is http in IE 11 or HTTPS in chrome

(Edited)
Photo of Darrel

Darrel

• 1,110 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Consider yourself fortunate. You at least can get into sitebuilder plus. I've been shut out of mine since the evening of Dec. 4th. At  a time when so many others are experiencing REAL problems, if the only problem I was having was with my RSS feed, I would count my lucky stars and realize that I really didn't have anything to complain about. Sorry for not sympathizing with you Webmaster, but.............REALLY!!!!
Photo of Stuart9026

Stuart9026

• 514 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I can log into my desktop - after the 3rd try - but still unable to publish.  Are we close to finalizing this so we can all move on?
Photo of Webmaster

Webmaster

I make money blogging as well as other methods of making money online, so a dead rss feed is money out of my pocket, That's a "Real Problem" since this service is not free. I got 4 new clients in November none of their sites are up yet. The Real Problem any of us is having is not being able to make money.
A lot of my sites are international revenue "worldwide" REALLY!!!!!
Photo of William5948

William5948

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SiteBuilder Plus ERROR CODE 0x41.

I cannot edit my site, I've spent time dealing with chat support twice now.  They "refreshed" my files and I was to restart my PC and try again and promised that it would work.  Second time, I was told to delete my internet cache and promised that it would as well work.  Then it was my internet explorer and was recommended to use Google Chrome.  All still resulting in error code 0x41
I need this issue resolved immediately or I'm going to have to explore other options instead of continually paying homestead for services that I am not receiving.
Photo of Jacqueline5607

Jacqueline5607

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am unable to edit my site and forget about getting a preview...it is taking for....

I am unable to edit my site and forget about getting a preview...it is taking forever. I have called and chatted with tecky's but the problem is still there.
Photo of gerrit8167

gerrit8167

• 256 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Site Bulider.

Can not edit web site I have had Homestead from all the way back to 1994 this is the first time I am not happy. I should not have to pay for this month. When my yearly bill for over $700 comes due they get my money the day they want it. I can wait all month for them it SUCKS!!
Photo of cindy0542

cindy0542

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled having problems with this site last few weeks.

i have had nothing but problems, uploading photos, very slow, and may be time to change to another service, if this does not change by tomorrow,
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

cindy0542,

We are moving everything to a new data center, but it is taking some time. It will get better, but there maybe some slowness through the end of the year.

Drew
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

• 3,412 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Drew any luck with creating a new account & pushing sites ?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Victoria6733,

The best I can tell you is yes and no. Some people have had success and some haven't. I can't find any pattern to why. You can try. It is a pretty time consuming process in some cases as well.

Drew
Photo of Jan HUTS

Jan HUTS

• 778 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled No access to sitebuilder. No possibility to actualize since first December 2014!!....

No access to sitebuilder. No possibility to actualize since first December 2014!!!
Photo of Timo1503

Timo1503

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cant login from the sitebuilder when online. Can only do it when offline. Then ca....
Photo of carlosv

carlosv

• 530 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hi when is the system going back to working normal?.

Hi when is the system going back to working normal?
Photo of carlosv

carlosv

• 530 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
So I better find something else to do on the holidays, was hoping to get a bunch of work done on my coin collectin web site. I hope this goes back to normal soon! Good luck getting evrything working right! Hope you guys send an email to let everyone know it was resolved. I must say I liked Homestead better before it was sold a couple of times! Sign of the times I guess, one day someone will own everything but my underwear!
Photo of Karen5787

Karen5787

• 1,322 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled cant get into site builder plus.

I can't seem to get into site builder plus.. i have tried repeatedly over the last 2 days.. i've gotten in exactly ONCE after multiple tries.. This is becoming a huge issue for me as most of the items i sell are one of a kind and i'm still getting christmas orders.. i need to be able to remove shopping cart links from those items as they are sold... 
when i try to get in, it just spins and spins and spins, with the message "starting up", but then eventually comes up with a message saying there are server problems.. As I said, I did get in once, so is it a server problem or a homestead problem? I also brought up the old site builder program, hoping i could get in that way.. i was able to get in, make the changes, save it, but it won't publish it. it says i'm not connected, but i am and i'm not having problems using anything else on the internet. i tried disabling my virus protector to see if it would help..it doesn't. i've tried using the sitebuilder plus on chrome and internet explorer. it isn't working correctly on either. i've tried using it on 3 laptops.. one with windows 8.1, one with windows 7 and the other is a little chrome top.. the chrome top is the only one that i could finally get in with, but it won't let me in now.. 
i have to say, in the last couple of years, problems like this are continual. i need a website company that i can get in, get the job done and move on.. i do not have time to mess around like this.. i am so frustrated right now i could scream...
Photo of Jacqueline5607

Jacqueline5607

I am ready to lose it too. I lost quite a few orders, because, I like yourself have items that are one of a kind and my site needs to be changed frequently.  this is very frustrating...to change webs right now is not the thing to do among all the holidays and all.  But believe me, I am thinking of it....won't take much now for me to find another site builder.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.