Continued data migration 12/12/2014

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Finalizing the data migration. 12/18/14

We are sorry to announce that due to yesterday's outage in the old data center, and 3rd party routing outages in the last week, the data migration window has been extended by 1 week. We are working to get all accounts moved as quickly as possible. As data completes the transfer, more resources can be allocated to fully restoring and enhancing performance. The engineers believe optimization will continue through the end of the month. Some accounts may continue to see disruption/slowness throughout the month.

On or before Friday 12/19 a new update will be posted with progress.  It is not possible to provide a firm date and time for completion as there are too many external variables that can affect the time frame.

We do sincerely apologize for the delay.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

• 1,774 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I certainly understand how those "too many external variables that can affect the time frame."

I'm not saying anything ugly to the messenger because it's not the messenger's fault.

I can't believe they are continuing to put you and us through all of this.

Their conscious actions truly, speak for themselves.

Very, very disappointed in this rotten service and lack of communication!

Have a nice weekend off Homestead/Endurance. You guys & gals do a heck of a job.
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

• 592 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Time to cash in before the house of cards falls.
Photo of Deborah7083

Deborah7083

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This has been going on for years ... If you can not fix it give  us our money back and shut it down
Photo of SEEN1011

SEEN1011

• 742 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have done a complete fresh install' of the desktop builder, (I am using Windows 8.1/64bit.)
I posted before on the 'Fresh Install 'on what I did. Well I have done this again, and the desktop builder is WORKING, I have opened 50+pages made changes and published, the new changes show up, it was quick as well. I made sure window.net Framework 3.5 including .net 2 & 3 were switched on and launched the new install and all seems to be perfect :-)
Photo of Jeff8667

Jeff8667

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Im in the middle of trying to work the ground work for my events not going back to building a website. Really bad timing. Well my business is dependent on the communications from my clients to us because we are wedding DJs and between the weddings we need to finish us this December and the Corporate Christmas Parties I would say that I am at a complete loss of words,
Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

And remember, when it isn't working on next Friday they'll have another nice weekend to spend with their families.

I'm talking about the owners who appear to be from India?

Hey guys, da, which way did he go? OR > Excuse me, I just fell off of a Turnip Truck, could you please tell me where I'm at?

Keep your sitebuilder and hosting and all of your other companies. I assure you that many of your current customers will be migrating elsewhere after this. Not to mention all of Homestead's loyal employees. Thank you for waking me up ENDURANCE.

Your customer service and the service you offer is second to none.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I know it seems that way and I understand your position. Unfortunately to move forward there are some backwards steps too. We would be truly sorry to see you leave, but we do understand.

Drew
Photo of Stuart9026

Stuart9026

• 514 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
While backward steps are necessary in any endeavor to move forward, better communication to one's paying customers is needed.  We are now past the 12th of December.  How much longer until I can edit again via desktop?  Like 1000s of other, I've got work to do; not doing it is bad for one's reputation in the business world. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hopefully I'll be able to answer that this week, but I can't right now.
Photo of Darrel

Darrel

• 1,110 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Couldn't have said it any better myself Stuart. I've been dead in the water with my site since the evening of Dec. 4th, and it's now the 16th. I do sympathize with Drew-he's got the patience of the gods, but unfortunately Drew's good intentions just aren't enough to soften the pain of lost Christmas sales revenue. And the best he is given in the way of an update to pass along to us is that it'll be back up when it's back up. I've got a new home to move my site to if I decide to do it, but I sure hate to go thru all that hassle. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you're not out here drowning in this poop by yourself. It's a stinky pile that homestead has thrown us all into! Have a good'un!
Photo of Joan0388

Joan0388

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Drew, As a non-techie, I chose Homestead because it was something I could pretty much do myself with only an occasional call to tech support. Moving my whole site is beyond my technical know-how and I can't even access all of my photos on the site to move them if I wanted to. And then there is the issue that I have paid up front for this website. Will I get that money back if I move out of Homestead now? I doubt it. Totally frustrating.
Photo of Dave6376

Dave6376

• 1,588 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Drew - Like Tim said, you are the messenger and have been great dealing with us. Here is the problem I am facing and I am going to need your assistance or advice with. I am currently out of my office for the next few weeks. With the outage yesterday, I have a customer who wants to jump ship now. All I have with me is my laptop and I have not updated that particular customer's site from this computer so the site files are not on the C Drive. I can get into desktop after clicking retry multiple times, but when I try to bring up that site it will not. It will only bring up sites that I have edited from this computer and are on my C Drive. Is there any other way for me to get the site files for the websites that I have not edited from this computer.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Dave6376,

Which site is it? When you try to open the site in desktop, it should download the published site for editing. What happens when you try to open that site?

Drew
Photo of Dave6376

Dave6376

• 1,588 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
It acts as if it is a brand new site and prompts me to pick a layout. I hit cancel on that, go to files and the files are empty. This is true to any site that I have not published on this computer. The site is tyjyoung.net that is the primary one I need the files for.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You'll need to find this folder C:\ProgramData\Homestead\Homestead SiteBuilder\data\user\Sites\_1757517555. Programdata is a hidden folder in Windows. Rename that folder to _1757517555bak, and then try to launch the site from desktop. It should download the published version.

Drew
Photo of Tim5862

Tim5862

JUST AS I THOUGHT.

THIS IS LIKE READING A BOOK THAT YOU'VE ALREADY READ.

Thank you ENDURANCE for giving me that extra confidence to explore OTHER SERVICES.

Merry Christmas,
Tim
Photo of Pat5311

Pat5311

• 652 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
What a mess and daunting task to look forward to (at least 30-40 websites to rebuild)........but I think I'm going to start moving all my accounts..this is BULL!!!  If they did it to us this Christmas with no warning....they might do it again next Christmas or sometime in between.  Next week could be the same crap as far as further delays. They are just buying themselves time and trying to keep everyone calm by making promises week after week.   I have no faith in this company anymore. I'm so sorry I put such faith in Homestead and talked them up so much to my clients.  Now many of us will lose much of our business because of it.  What a sad situation....I can't even get into Sitebuilder Plus now!!  I'm sorry Drew...none of this anger is directed towards you.
(Edited)
Photo of Keith

Keith

• 2,152 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Homestead picked the worst time of the year to do this upgrade, the busiest time ....

I have years worth of work in Homestead via Desktop SiteBuilder, I am NOT going to uninstall SiteBuilder off my computer! It would take weeks on my slow internet connection to reload.
WHY?
Because it was working fine before they started this upgrade!
I been watching these conversations now for weeks, waiting for SiteBuilderDesktop to work again. If my calculations are correct, Homestead has been working on this 2-3 week upgrade for 19 days now and I have had ZERO access to my website to do updates! :-(

Homestead picked the worst time of the year to do this upgrade,
the busiest time of the year for selling stuff....going going....soon to be lost & gone! :-(

Someone in Homestead sure goofed this upgrade up!!!

I been with you since the beginning and have NEVER had this problem until now! 
Still Waiting for access..... :-(

Oh by the way, I have 100's of websites so SiteBuilderPlus won't work for me.

P.S. Special Note To Drew N., You have been doing an outstanding job watching, monitoring, and answering these messages from mostly pissed off people,
I take my hat off to you sir!
Photo of Keith

Keith

I have Good News & Bad News Drew and a few questions:

A few minutes ago I was actually able to log into SiteBuilder Plus, (1st time since Nov 28th) so I quickly updated my main website to let my customers know what is happening and how to contact me, the changes saved and it published, and I was able to view it in a webpage! :-) YEA!!!

Then I clicked my link shortcut on my desktop, and it doesn't show the changes I made to the webpage......Well that is weird!
So I went back to SiteBuilder Plus and sure enough it was still showing up there! Then I noticed why it wasn't showing up. :-(

My 1st Question:
I noticed SiteBuilder Plus added characters to the end of my webpage shortcut link, (?_=1418472705634) which means none of my 4,000 plus customers will have access to my changes, because all their links will be useless! :-(
Will this ever go back to the way it was, or are we stuck with it this way?

Here is a thought: Is this happening because I am using SiteBuilder Plus instead of my Desktop SiteBuilder which created them in the first place? 

I will show you what I am taking about to make it more understandable.
Below is my original link, please click it to see what is there:
(I only changed the clipboard information)
http://newslettersfromcallkeith.homestead.com
and here is the new link, after I made changes using SiteBuilder Plus:
http://newslettersfromcallkeith.homestead.com/index.html?_=1418472705634
See the totally different information on the clipboard?

My 2nd question: I thought maybe that situation above, with the adding to the end of my link was maybe a fluke and on that page only, so I updated another page to test that theory and here is the end result.
Below is my original link, please click it to see what is there:
http://itemsforsalebycallkeithcustomers.homestead.com
and here is the new link, after I made changes using SiteBuilder Plus:
http://itemsforsalebycallkeithcustomers.homestead.com/index.html?_=1418472541020
Nope it is NOT a fluke! :-(

My 3rd question: I also noticed that Homestead has added this line to the bottom of my webpage (Website Designed at HomesteadTM Design a Website and List Your Business) Why is that there, when I pay for my sites? (I saw no way to remove it.)

My last question: Everytime after I published it, it popped open a box asking me if I wanted to post it on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn, I said, No Thanks. Is that pop-up box always going to appear?

I know your a very busy man, so take the weekend off and let me know when you have a time. I won't be doing anymore updating.

Peace
Keith 

(Edited)
Photo of Ashley9094

Ashley9094

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Maybe it's time for the press to add a bit of pressure to Endurance, Int., Homestead's parent company: here's one link: www.bizjournals.com
Photo of Roger1346

Roger1346

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 3-4 WEEKS DOWN, AND NO PRIOR CLIENT NOTIFICATION? UNACCEPTABLE!!!.

After two calls to technical assistance and an hour's wait on hold, I learned that the powers-that-be knew ahead of time that a 3-4 week moratorium for clients to be able to access their sites was going to occur. However, they never directly notified any of their clients ahead of time, which would have at least allowed clients to put something on their websites to notify visitors that the site would not be updated for that 3-4 week period. A client has to specifically request a credit for this down time, rather than automatically being given a credit for the services they were denied during this period. What kind of customer service is this? Any shut-down of this length should necessitate prior direct client notification. If I were giving a customer satisfaction rating to Homestead Technologies, it would be a minus-5 stars at this point.
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Are you saying that Sitebuilder Plus will be down for 3-4 weeks???  What???
Photo of Sergio8475

Sergio8475

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sitebuilder not working.

When logging in as usual, SiteBuilder displays a window:

"There has been an error logging in.
Please double-check your username and password.

If you have any questions, Please contact Customer Support."

However, when I log in at homestead.com, I don't have problems using the same login information.

Uninstalled SiteBuilder, downloaded it from Homestead.com, installed it again...
same problem.

Is it a glitch in the system or...  ? 
Photo of Keith

Keith

Hi Sergio8475
I am going to help Drew out here, he is the actual spoke person.
They are upgrading the entire system, its been down awhile now and will continue to be down until complete. You might be able to access SiteBuilder Plus, have you tried that?
Keith
Photo of Deborah7083

Deborah7083

I have had these same problems for about 8 years. I am beside myself. If they can not fix it shut it down and  stop taking our money and wasting our time
Photo of SEEN1011

SEEN1011

I get same problem: "There has been an error logging in.
Please double-check your username and password. Just keep trying after an average of 6 attempts it lets me in. Though when I get into the desktop builder in the bottom right corner it changes from 'online' to offline'. 
I have been on desktop builder for about 30 mins so far and all is ok and working and publishing. But I can guarantee that the 'offline' in bottom corner will soon appear meaning pages wont publish. I hope this does not happen but i know it is just a matter of time until it does, so going to get as much as possible updated whilst it lasts. 
Photo of sales8215

sales8215

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled site builder.

what is going on can not use site builder or work on our site 12/12 /14 7:00 pm
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why can't I access Sitebuilder desktop?.

We are currently migrating accounts to a new, faster and more secure data center. Some customers are unable to access Sitebuilder desktop. In many cases, you will be able to launch Sitebuilder Plus from within your Homestead account, so you can make your edits. We are working as quickly as possible to make the transition to the new center and get your desktops back online. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Some very large accounts with 40+ websites, or sites with several hundred pages, may not be able to launch Plus.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience and assure you we are doing everything possible to resolve this.
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

And I can't even get access to delete old pages which could lower my page count and get me access.  Sounds like a Joseph Heller - Catch-22 novel.
Photo of Karsun

Karsun

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is so annoying. Tonight I was able to access sitebuilder after a while and was overjoyed. I made my edits and saved them but it won't publish. It continues to say that I'm offline which means I still can't update my pages. I know things happen but what about updates to let us know, what about credits that are automatic, what about something just to keep us informed without having to search for answers?
Photo of Joseph8367

Joseph8367

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Your hosting service and customer service were both so much better when Homestead was free.  When I changed to the Mac platform, I was surprised to find out that I had to use Site Builder Minus (I don't see how so much less can be called "plus"). Now I read a post that says "end of the month (year)."

I get billing emails, but NEVER got a heads up or progress email saying "you're out of luck for at least 6 weeks.....maybe a lot more."..... I am so disappointed.
Photo of Deborah7083

Deborah7083

I am so disappointed also I have lost years of my time & life  just trying to down load a new picture or new information.

Photo of Patsy Ann

Patsy Ann

• 1,780 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Just read on Homestead's Facebook Web Sites Page.

Continued data migration 12/12/2014: We are sorry to announce that due to yesterday's outage in the old data center, and 3rd party routing outages in the last week, the data migration window has been extended by 1 week. We are working to get all accounts moved as quickly as possible. As data completes the transfer, more resources can be allocated to fully restoring and enhancing performance. The engineers believe optimization will continue through the end of the month. Some accounts may continue to see disruption/slowness throughout the month. On or before Friday 12/19 a new update will be posted with progress. It is not possible to provide a firm date and time for completion as there are too many external variables that can affect the time frame.

We do sincerely apologize for the delay.
Photo of Darrel

Darrel

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I Gotta Say, I'm Totally Confused, Befuddled, and Even Frustrated!.

I have been told so many conflicting things about this "migration" problem that I honestly don't know who or what to even believe. I've been told (on Monday, Dec. 8th) that I could count on being able to again get back into sitebuilder plus by end of business the next day. THAT DIDN'T COME TRUE! I was told Wednesday morning (Dec. 10th) that I could take it to the bank that access would be restored between Thurs (the 11th) and Monday (the 15th). Then last nite, I read a post by Drew here on the community forum that access most likely wouldn't be restored until at least the end of December. You know, I can understand that any problems that anyone like me is experiencing because of this problem is of absolutely no concern to Homestead personnel. I have already lost out on what should have been my Christmas sales revenue. It's even possible that I will lose all of my customers because they aren't able to get any service from me now when they need it. 

I have one question that I would appreciate an honest, truthful answer to...WHEN IS THIS DARN NIGHTMARE GOING TO BE OVER?!?!?  I mean, really people.  This has ceased to be funny!!!
Photo of Fancy Prancer

Fancy Prancer

• 1,470 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm a tiny but sucessful business, been on  page 1 on google, etc, for many years.  My beloved business paid my rent for years, but right now I'm going out of business because of this.  My Christmas season was destroyed, I'm devastated, and adding insult to injury, homestead raised their price!  Was in the process of changing prices, decorating the site for the Holidays, now half my pay buttons are wrong, and I can't publish the changes.  Couldn't they have done the great migration in April? So frustrated.  Oh well, maybe it's fate telling me to retire.  (I'm 71)
Photo of SEEN1011

SEEN1011

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Homestead desktop site builder.

As of this morning all of homestead seems to be working fine and the glitches sorted!!!.
I was not able like many of you to access the desktop builder for many weeks, but as of this morning all is back to normal, I really hope this is not temporary. I have republished my site all lines breaks are good, it is fast and reliable I have logged out many times  and then logged back in with no problems and no freezes!!!!! :-)

You can not believe how happy I am I can finally get all my work done as well as my clients, if your builder is all ok please let me know sot hat we can all determine that the desktop is back and working and we can all now get back to our dedicated work as we are used to with the great desktop builder.
Photo of Trevor3986

Trevor3986

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Still cannot logon to my account, sitebuilder will not open websites. Management'....

Even though I can logon to my account, sitebuilder will not open my website so I can edit, save and publish. I would be much more tolerant of Homestead's problems if I could at least work on my websites. Slow would be a step in the right direction, but not being able to access my website shuts down my revenue goals for the holidays. My business is screwed. Management need to make announcements. They need to be accountable to their customers. Why do they shun the limelight? Cowards!
Photo of Barry6904

Barry6904

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SiteBuilder inexplicably, continuously shuts down while uploading edited material....
Photo of Casey2220

Casey2220

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Homestead,

Since you began this "migration", I have lost possible customers for both you and I due to outages and slow response when loading live or site builder. Quote from my customer, who was going to be moved to an individual account on Homestead for their business. "You expect me to have my customers wait that long to see my products?" I didn't know how to answer. Also, with this slow response, it is taking me a lot more time to complete a build. $$$ from my pocket.
    The excuse of third parties, etc. is your problem, not the user community. So I am more than happy to have my rates increased for less than acceptable service.
     When will the PROBLEMS be resolved?

Casey

P.S. I would have been fired for such a sloppy migration when I was project managing data center operations.
Photo of Trevor3986

Trevor3986

fertilityphysiciansnetwork.com loads very slowly and has lots of technical glitches that I create workarounds to make it work. the site I need to access, but cannot is the sarasotasailorsbaseball.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I loaded sarasotasailorsbaseball.com in Chrome. It took about 3 or 4 minutes. Do you have a small change I can try to see if it publishes?

Photo of Trevor3986

Trevor3986

Please try to publish the following three pages:

index.html
news.html
2014-1211-Kyser-and-Schlabach-commit

Thanks
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am publishing now. Make sure to refresh when you look at the published site. It is showing that everything is publishing, but it is taking a while. If you don't see changes reflected after refreshing, then tell me which page and what should be there. I'll look at the editor as see what it shows. It might be a while longer before everything is published.

Drew
Photo of Tanya2444

Tanya2444

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled December 13, 2014 0x41 error code still here!.

As of 10:40 a.m still unable to work on my site. Tried diff browser, restart computer still not up. I only have one small site with 5 pages. When will this end?
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

Hell hasn't frozen over yet.  Be patient...
Photo of María5245

María5245

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Help please!.

Help please! I cannot go online from the editor in my computer. I can see and update my sites in the webpage, but not go online from my computer. It says that a software is preventing me from doing so. I would hate to loose my work
Photo of Hugh

Hugh

• 1,136 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Hi Drew

I have been a customer since it was free for non-profits in 1998 and so far it has been a good ride. I don't have products for sale but do feel for those who have.

Has everyone gave a thought to just sitting back and giving it a rest.

Back in the early Internet Christmas days to increase sales it was always advisable to sell and promote your site on auction sites - I would think that is the norm today and might help a vendor's bottom line - if not it would take away the frustration of wanting to hit your computer with a hammer - lol  

As we have read from all the latest tries, it either failed and some report loosing parts of their site (or pages) it has been hard to understand.

With the additional tax on the system, the binary is probably still clearing out the login attempts of 2-weeks ago - lol

Merry Christmas and hopes for a Successful On-line Adventure in 2015.

Hugh  

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Darrel,

Sorry, yes I had left, but I am here today. Go to the homepage of the community and click on New post. It will ask for a title, continue, then Post with this title. Under the conversation type there is a check box for private.

Drew
Photo of Darrel

Darrel

Hi Drew-I'm beginning to think i'm just jinxed. That proverbial dark cloud hovering overhead. I imagine you're really getting hammered today, being Sunday and all. I've tried 6-7 times to login to sitebuilder plus. I've also tried several times to private msg you. Absolutely all i'm getting every time is the "this page cannot be displayed" page. seem s to be coming up with homestead in general. I'm able to get anywhere else on the internet, just can't get to you. I guess i'll never know whether this transferring idea would've worked. Certainly not your fault. I feel guilty continuing to waste your time like this when others need your help and obviously can get through to you. Have a good'un!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Darrel,

Sorry about that. I have had several private conversations today, so I am not sure. If you are able to create a regular one, then I can make it private after. If you want to take the day off, that's ok too. I'm here to try to help, so anything you need is not a waste of time.
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

• 3,412 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Drew, APPRECIATE the time you have in the blog and helping people out .. I was going to ask, if a new account can be established and PUSH sites over but seems there are some issues in doing that ? .. An additional question I have in my large account I have "painfully" been able to make "emergency" edits using SB-Plus, because I have experienced "formatting issues "  I have not published entire sites with PLUS only the page b/c of the formatting issues.. When DESKTOP is back online I know Ill have the option to download local or published, since ( for example) i publish ONE of 10 pages on PLUS will downloading PUBLISHED version show all current pages ( even if published @ different times ? ) 
Photo of Karsun

Karsun

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Can you publish one that the changes were made on the sitebuilder desktop or just on the plus side? If you can, mine is www.karsunphotography.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I can only publish changes made in Plus. Changes that haven't published from desktop are still on your computer and so, I can't see those.

Drew
Photo of jackie9223

jackie9223

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Drew - I prefer SB desktop, but, of course am mostly unable to logon.  Today I cannot logon to the Homestead website either to try to use Plus.  I continue to get the error "We're sorry, but the email address or login name you entered has been locked due to multiple failed login attempts. You'll be able to try again in 15 minutes."  I waited 30 minutes and tried again.  Repeated every half hour for several hours.  No luck.  Then tried a computer that doesn't have Desktop or any other Homestead data and it too is giving me the error.  Is there some way to "unlock" my account so I can try to access Plus? 
Photo of Terri3194

Terri3194

• 492 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Good Morning Drew,
Any luck renaming penrosekennel1 to penrosekennel? 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Terri3194,

Not yet. My tool was affected as well, but I have put in a request to see if a developer can do it. I hope to have an answer soon.

Drew
Photo of Terri3194

Terri3194

thank you
Terri
Photo of Terri3194

Terri3194

Good Morning Drew,
Just checking in to see if you had any luck
Thanks  Terri
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Unfortunately not. We have an idea, but need to asses the risk before we try. We won't do anything if there is a risk.

Drew
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

I had the pleasure of being "Santa" at my wife's school today for a wonderful bunch of kids.  Be nice if I could post pictures to my website for that school, but the only thing that seems "posted" is "Sitebuilder Plus has stopped responding.  Either Kill the Page or Wait."  Of course the Wait only leads eventually to a Kill the Page.

There will be a lot of coal in people's stockings this year I can assure you.
Photo of Darrel

Darrel

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why do i feel like i'm the last site owner to STILL not be able to login into sit....

I have read i don't know how many threads here in the forum today from site owners who have had at least partial success at getting into their sitebuilder. At the risk of sounding paranoid, i gotta ask: Am i the last holdout on still being locked out? I've had one window open for well over 2 hours at trying to login. It's frozen on the startup page of the login process....just spinning, and spinnin g, and spinning, and spinning ad infinitum (that's after the 0x41 error message came up and i cleared that off). All of you that have had some kind of success at getting in,,,i'll give you 50 cents to trade places with you! lol
Photo of Terri3194

Terri3194

Nope, you are not alone. I still have no access either. Keep getting the error message as well
Photo of Pat5311

Pat5311

No...you are not alone.  I have 30 to 40 accounts at the current time and have had NO access since November 20!
Photo of tnjflory7906

tnjflory7906

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Help... Website crashes all the time..

Is it just me...or is the site builder EXTREAMELY slow? It crashes every 5 min. and I have to reboot the web page. At this rate it will take me a year to build my webpage. I have been on line for about 1 1/2 hours and have only uploaded 10 pictures...unbelievable.
Photo of Joe2650

Joe2650

I wish mine was extremely slow.  That would at least take me from not working at all.
Photo of Pat5311

Pat5311

Me too......I could live with slow!  I have had no access since November 20....on Desktop nor PLUS (which I despise)....At least I could get the important stuff done for clients and the rest could wait....
Photo of Blair5917

Blair5917

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When are you going to fix the database?.

When are we going to be able to use the desktop version again? It has been almost a month and if I have to continue using the online version I will be looking for a different service for the class website.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.