Content which appears fine when viewing, overlaps when printed. Advice?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When printing pages from my website, some of the content overlap (despite appearing fine when viewed on browser). For example, the page below, content of the middle graph overlaps with the graph itself when printed.

http://castle-avenue.com/New-York-Fla...
Photo of Weimin7824

Weimin7824

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Weimin7824,

I took a look at your site and don't see anything in the site that would be causing this. However, there is obviously something in your print program that is causing the text to overlap. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to troubleshoot it beyond what we can see in the SiteBuilder. If you have a lot of visitors that wish to print those pages, you might consider making pdf's with the content and allowing them to download/print that copy instead.

Mike
Photo of Weimin7824

Weimin7824

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. On a related item, I notice the bottom bio section of this page (http://castle-avenue.com/Foreign-Buye...) appears differently depending on whether it's opened on a cell phone, Chrome, Explorer etc. On a Samsung phone, the bio at the bottom would overlap the last paragraph.

Kindly advise.

Wei min
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
These things can be tricky. I just viewed that page of the site on a Samsung Droid Charge, and the content looked fine, no overlap. I also viewed it on a Google Nexus tablet with a newer version of the Android OS and it still looked fine. These issues become complicated because there are so many different operating systems and various versions of web browsers for each OS. One thing you can try doing is deleting the content off the bottom of the site, publishing the site, add the content back, and then republishing.

I you are seeing a lot of visitors from your site that are using smart phones and tablets, then you might consider creating a mobile version of the site.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.