Contact Us Button Not Functional on Homepage

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

The Contact Us button appears to be non-functional/deadlink on the homepage. I have deleted the Contact Us button entirely and attempted to recreate multiple times with no result. The Contact Us buttons on subsequent pages continues to launch the contact form properly, and I've been able to add additional Contact Us button on these pages that behave normally. The issue seems localized to the Homepage for whatever reason. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Photo of Josephine9031

Josephine9031

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Joesephine9031,

Welcome to the community!

It appears that the code you've entered in the Page Settings > Advanced Settings > Javascrip (onload) for Facebook is conflicting with the contact us form. If you remove that and republish, the form will work as it does on your other page(s).

I'm not an expert at coding, but I don't believe that code is javascript, I think you should be able to place it in a regular html element and that might fix the issue (if you need to keep that code on your page).

To add html, click +insert > more > html

Hope this info helps, thanks!

Ehsan
Photo of Josephine9031

Josephine9031

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Ehsan,
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't even realize that code was in the JavaScript box in the page editor. I removed the unnecessary code and everything is working properly now.
Thanks again!
Regards,
Joesephine9031
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Josephine9031,

No worries, glad you're up and running again.

Thanks!
Ehsan
Photo of ESTHER4477

ESTHER4477

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
How do you add the contact button to storefront?
I didn't even see it as an option
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi ESTHER4477,

Welcome- This is something that would need to be done by custom coding. The contact button being referred to in this post is the one that is available within Sitebuilder.

If you're not familiar with html coding, you can do a search online to find form building sites that allow you to embed forms that you build to your website by copying/pasting html.

I hope this information helps, thanks!

Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.