Contact Forms (orders) not being delivered...

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Submit button not functioning...

Our contact forms (Online Reservations) are not being delivered to either of the email addresses specified.  I put in a sample order that did not arrive, so I downloaded the text files and noticed a number of orders that never came through. We have been using the same forms for years! Can you please let me know what's going on?
Photo of Jay9811

Jay9811

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Jay9811,

First thing is to remove the submit button and add a new one to the page and see if that resolves it. I also advise that you send the results to text and email. That way you can see in your account if a message doesn't arrive.

Drew
Photo of Jay9811

Jay9811

Thanks Drew.  I already have them sent to both text file and email..that's how I found out the forms weren't being received.  I did just got a form a few minutes ago...but only to ONE of the three addresses it's supposed to be sent to.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Have you succeeded with this set up before? I don't recall the form ever submitting to multiple email addresses successfully.

Drew
Photo of Jay9811

Jay9811

Yes. The forms have been basically the same for the last 5 years.  They continue to only send to one or two of the address requested. The weird thing is that addresses that receive the form vary...there is definitely something up.  FYI:  The help/instructions for form submission buttons actually tell you to separate multiple email addresses with a comma or semi-colon.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok Jay9811,

I get this to the developers.

Drew
Photo of Jay9811

Jay9811

Thank you Drew.  This is so weird. Orders placed via Internet Explorer are only delivered to AOL.  Orders places via Firefox are only delivered to Yahoo.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Interesting. I'll see what I can find out. Can you tell me which page the form you are testing is on?

Drew
Photo of Jay9811

Jay9811

Sure...I really appreciate your assistance!  BTW - Neither IE or Firefox delivered the form to Gmail.

http://www.rentfromatoz.com/ReserveOnline3.html

Photo of Hugh

Hugh

• 1,138 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Yes I have a couple of Non-Profit sites where I have used the 'Form Info' for a number of years. One sent to their office and I have a copy sent to me as back up. I separate the addresses with a semi-colon but some of the e-mail programs like Hotmail has been considering the 'Form Information' as SPAM and putting it into the <Junk Folder>. You have to go into the Junk Folder (just once) and click on that the sender is safe and that should work until they reprogram their service again.

I hope this helps.- Hugh 

Photo of david2953

david2953

• 6,996 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I am having the same issue however it does not seem to be very consistent.  Our site has a form submission link on nearly every page. It is also the same form.  Recently I had a prospect complain that the form was not working.  I tested it and it worked fine for me.  Today I had the same issue but this time I was able to look at it in my web site reports.  The form confirmation page is shown in the report which indicates the form was submitted...yet I did not receive it on my end.  What is odd is nothing has changed in the form itself and it has worked for over a year.  The following is a snippet of the report.

I just tested the form again myself and it appeared to submit properly yet I have not received the email confirmation.  Can someone at Homestead please take a look and see if you can find out what is happening.  Our business depends on getting these requests from our clients.  The form page is http://www.csthousing.com/quote-request-1.html
Also...how do I download the text files referenced by Jay9811
(Edited)
Photo of Jay9811

Jay9811

It is definitely a Homestead issue, NOT an email service issue.  The forms eventually show up 8-12 hours later...usually in a group...but our business depends on providing a timely confirmation of these orders.  Today I supposedly had this issue escalated to the "Advance Team" and I'm hoping they get it solved ASAP.
Photo of Jay9811

Jay9811

david2953 - Sending to both email and text files is an option when you set-up the Form Submission Button.  You can then view any submissions by going to Websites Manager, then More, then Forms Manager.  It is usually in raw/metadata form, but lets you know if/when a form has been submitted and gives you basic info.
(Edited)
Photo of david2953

david2953

It is now 11 hours later and the test form submission I sent last night has still not arrived in my in box.  Neither has the client submitted form illustrated above.
Photo of david2953

david2953

Thanks Jay...I hope they can figure this our soon although I don't think this is a new problem as I have noticed delayed delivery of the forms in the past as well.  Like you, we respond as quickly as possible to requests.  If we wait 8-10 hours our prospects will often seek out our competitors.

Regarding the text question...I have both text and email turned on but I do not see a place to input a phone number to text to.

Also for the Homestead folks...I recently tried to change the text of the submit button and it changes in the editor but the button never changes.  See example below.

(Edited)
Photo of Jay9811

Jay9811

david2953 - Text file refers to a text (data) file...not a text message.  As far as the button appearance. The rename button is for internal use...scroll up and you will see a box to label the button.
Photo of david2953

david2953

Thank you I miss-read your original comment.  I have always had the email and text option selected on my site but I have only receive email responses...so now i am not sure if that is a new problem or not.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

david2953,

If you have text selected, then under the edit site button, click on More and you should see the option to look at form submissions

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The name is the element name. If you look at the top of the properties editor, you will see the label. That controls what displays.

Drew
Photo of david2953

david2953

Thanks Drew...I was unaware that feature existed but was able to find an addition form submission that I have not received by email.  Do you know if the developers have an ETA on the fix for unreceived form submissions?
Photo of Jeannie5233

Jeannie5233

• 986 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I too have a problem (for several weeks now and most likely throughout the past year, as I recall several inquiries from last summer) with form data submissions not arriving to my Homestead email address. This is posing a huge problem for me and all the people who use and depend on my website functioning properly (as it has for most of the past 12+ years that I've been a Homestead customer). Please advise as to when this massive problem will be solved.
Photo of Robert8971

Robert8971

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We've been having the same problem. Now with all these other problems it's become intensified. Don't know how much business we've lost. Not good!
We aren't receiving ours either.  Nothing has been changed, same form for years and they stopped arriving Sunday of this week.  NOT HAPPY! This is a busy season and I am losing customers like crazy!
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

• 1,738 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
We;ve been having the same problem since last Thursday.
Don't know if any of you communicated via live chat, but was just told that it has been submitted and will be fixed within 24-48 hrs.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.