contact form error website builder

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

We finished rebuilding our website in Website Builder and published it last night.  This morning I am on a different computer and testing our contact page.  When I hit the submit button, I receive an error.  I have verified it is pointed to the correct email address, but emails are not getting through.  Any idea how to fix?  Thanks in advance.
Photo of Teresa8270

Teresa8270

• 396 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I just went to the contact page on your WebsiteBuilder site and was able to submit a test submission to that form with no errors. What is the error that you receive?
Photo of Teresa8270

Teresa8270

I 
Photo of Teresa8270

Teresa8270

Hmmm...I was just able to submit from my phone -- maybe it is my work computer?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It's possible. Do you have a computer you can try from when you get home?
Photo of Teresa8270

Teresa8270

Yes.  Thank you for your help!
Photo of john2593

john2593

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Elizabeth, my website submit button is not going through to me email. Could you test this please for FairLegalFees.com.au
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,926 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I can see that the form on your Home page is going to an email address with bigpond.com.au. Is this the address you are trying to receive to?
Photo of john2593

john2593

Hey, this blog really works, you have read my email Elizabeth. I am in Sydney, time 2 am. Where are you? not in earthquake zone I hope.
Yes the address is masterjohn@bigpond.com.au 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Ah, I am in Arizona, USA and it is 9AM.
I just submitted a test form on that site. Did you receive it?
Photo of john2593

john2593

I am also using this address on the site bulder for Themis 102 page and the submit button not working after saving and publishing 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Ok, so I just tested putting my personal email address on that submit form, submitted a test, and I did receive the email with the submission.
What this means is that the form is working, and it is most likely that your email address is blocking the form submissions from being received.

You can try to fix this by adding the address that these submissions are being received from to your contacts:

no-reply@hs-support.homestead-inc.com
(Edited)
Photo of john2593

john2593

No. Did not receive the test on site. By way of history, it has been working for over last ten years. Last one I received was about month ago on 28 June 2019 which was ok. Have not received anything since that date. A you can see the mail address is working now with you and other people are ok but not the submit button. Cheers
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Just so you know, you can also view your form submissions by logging into your Homestead account, click on Websites Manager, find the correct site in the drop down menu, click More > Manage Forms.
Photo of john2593

john2593

OK will start doing this. I hope you don't  goaway, now this is working. Cheers
Photo of john2593

john2593

ok have got into this for themis 102. I clicked investment-application-cvs page   view and refresh page I don't know what to do next?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

This is just going to show your submissions, you can export them from this window or you can just view them one at a time.
Photo of john2593

john2593

Yes Elizabeth, but how can I fix my problem in this menu?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I'm sorry, but you cannot fix your problem from this menu. I'm not sure if you saw my comment above, but I tested replacing the email on the submit button with my own and it worked. I received a form submission that I tested. This means that the button is working, and it is most likely your email address that is blocking the emails from your form. I suggested you add the email address those forms are being sent from to your contacts:

Photo of john2593

john2593

Ok, I think I understand. But the problem is I only have the one email address. I do not want to divert my messages to anybody else. As you can see, my masterjohn email is working. Any other ideas?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Well, adding that email address to your contacts is my best suggestion, and it wouldn't divert messages anywhere else.
Photo of john2593

john2593

I think it has something to do with the default email address. How do I check my default email and change if necessary?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Default email for what?
Photo of john2593

john2593

Hi Liz, when you put your email address in, how did you override my default email address? When I log I'm to the homestead site the auto email address comes up as masterjohn@bigpond.com.ai instead of '.au'. This is because I made a mistake a few weeks ago entering the address and homestead remembered this wrong '.ai' address, probably as the default and is causing me the problem. So I need to change the ',ai' I think on the default
Photo of john2593

john2593

Default email as stated in the submit button under 'help' - email address. Cheers
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Oh, that would just be the saved email through your browser. You can go into the password settings in your browser to delete that. The email address on file for your account and your submit buttons is masterjohn@bigpond.com.au. You can view this on your site by logging into the builder, clicking on the submit button and view the menu on the right that shows which email address is attached.
Photo of john2593

john2593

OK could you do the test again for me. Instead of putting your email address in the submit button which you said worked could you put mine in masterjohn@bigpond.com.au and I will see if that works. Thanks
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Your email address is already the one in there, I don't have to do anything to the submit button for that. I just sent a test, if you would like to test that?
Photo of john2593

john2593

Thanks but not received. I am back to the start now with no where to go. No solution to my problem. Desperate now
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Have you added that email address to your contacts as I suggested?
Photo of john2593

john2593

So that is in Homestead. in the website manager, manage forms? I will try again. Is the contacts in there?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

No, this is for your email address. Add it to the contacts for your email address, which is not with Homestead
Photo of john2593

john2593

I am in manage form but don't know where contact is in this area
Photo of john2593

john2593

?Add what?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

This is not in the manage forms area. That is just to show the forms that have been submitted. You would add the email address that the forms are being sent from to your contacts in your email address.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Add this email address to your email contacts:

Photo of john2593

john2593

OK have done that. I have gone into my outlook and added the new contact as above and saved it. I will now goo into the themis 102 website and test. fingers crossed. back in a few minutes
Photo of john2593

john2593

No did not come through. I tested you email and copied to me and sent. I came through yes. I will now try and put your email into my submit button
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

You do not know my email and would not be able to test it on your end. I would suggest you contact your email provider to troubleshoot why these emails are not coming through. I have ruled out an issue with the submit button
Photo of john2593

john2593

No did not come through. I will not give up but it is nearly 6am now and tired and at a loss
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Oh goodness, you've had a long night. Yes, unfortunately, the troubleshooting that needs to be done at this point is to troubleshoot why your email cannot receive the form submissions. This would need to be discussed with your email host.
Photo of john2593

john2593

Hi Elizabeth, I am at a loss. even on my other site challengeLF the submit button is not working. I have checked it. I am still of the view that it is somehow the 'submit button' but I cannot work out why?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

It is not the submit button. I've already tested the button by putting my email address on it, and it worked just fine. This means it isn't an issue with the button.

The issue is that the emails that we are sending are not being accepted by your inbox. You will need to talk to the company that you get your email address from to troubleshoot this
Photo of john2593

john2593

Hi Elizabeth, I found the problem. The submit button is working. The mail from it are going into my 'junk' mail box, not my inbox. What about that!!! Mybe someone else will have the same problem. Now you know. Cheers John

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.