Connection/server issues w/Microsoft Outlook ever since email "upgrade"

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

WHAT is going on with using Microsoft Outlook for my email???? I keep getting errors notices that the server is offline, and connections are failing etc ~ I followed ALL of the new set up instructions for IMAP email to a T and every day there's connection/server issues. PLEASE! FIX THIS!!!
Photo of Alys7386

Alys7386

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Alys7386, Can you tell me if your Outlook does this 100% of the time, or does it connect on occasion, or randomly?
Photo of Deborah6520

Deborah6520

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am also having this problem, it also hangs outlook up when downloading email and we are constantly having to reboot every time we open outlook.
Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Deborah6520,

Do you have your email set up as a POP or an IMAP connection in Outlook? When you updated Outlook with the new server settings, did you set it up as a new email account in the settings, or just update the existing account? What you might try is to completely remove the email account from Outlook and then set it up as a new account.

Matt
Photo of Deborah6520

Deborah6520

I originally updated it and used IMAP. When that screwed up, I erased the entire thing and set up a new account as POP. There are still the same issues, when the first set of emails come in, it gets hung up on the last e-mail. I have figure out that I have to then close outlook, open the task manager go into process and make the outlook process end. I can then open outlook and it works, with the exception that we get 2 copies of every e-mail from the main mailbox.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are there any error messages when it hangs up? Does the failed mail come in once you restart? Or is it possible it is always the same message that fails? Can you see the message in the webmail?

Drew
Photo of Deborah6520

Deborah6520

no error messages and the message is not in webmail because webmail doesn't keep it. The failed mail is there we guess when we restart. We do not know if everything is coming in or not.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, I am looking into what may be happening.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Deborah6520, I can try to migrate the account again to see if something is wrong with the mail box. I can do just the mail. Which email box is the problem?

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.